Bicyclettes

canice

Make sure to note which pedal you're putting in. The cranks are threaded one way for the left/different way for the right. Very easy to crossthread and die a horrible death when your pedal slips out sending a spray of metal shavings across the road.

i never said bike stiffness. all i said was my front wheel was at 180psi and its stiff which i dont mind.

and they way it was explained to me by my boss is that after 140psi the % of stiffness form the tire grows exponentially (from like +1 up to +5)... or something. he had some equation. i was watching mash play on loop in the front.

This one has gone round in circles. Running tyres at high PSI will provide a stiff feeling ride but it won't inherently make the frame stiffer.

If you like a rock hard ride more power to your elbow. You'll need it on the track pump to inflate your tyres to two bar.

Hey sufu bike enthusiasts,

I've been working with this furniture designer for a month or two to come up with a dope bike rack for your apartment/house. It's made from nice maple wood, with some stainless steal. You can either mount it on the wall, and hang your bike from it, with a couple pegs that are good for hanging locks, helmets, jackets etc. OR you can put it on the floor and just use it as a track stand sort of piece.

I know most people here probably care about their bikes, so I'm curious if something like this, a kind of designer furniture for your bike, would be something anybody is interested in. It looks good, and it's functional, and you won't scuff up your walls an shit.

I am going to have photos in the next few days, but I thought I would inquire to see if anybody would be interested in something like that for their place/bike.

getting your bike fit to you is usually pretty expensive. a road setup could cost you like $200-250. cutting a steer tube to fit your stem is about $15-20.

It's not that expensive outside of New York!

Depends on where you go, of course, and whether you need a complete pedal/cleat fit or not.

Should be about half that if they have something like the Serotta kit, which gets you pretty well spot on in a very short time period.

after you ride it a bit, you'll eventually need to tighten your cranks a bit more on teh spindle, tighten your cog and lock ring in case any play developed, and will eventually need to service the rest of the bike.

Please do not tighten the cranks again after installation. The crank is not loosening on the spindle. This is why dustcaps exist! If you tighten the bolt again, you are running the risk of cracking the crank, or wearing the interface out.

Use locktite on the bolts if this is a personal fear; but please don't do this, I've seen too many cracked cranks as a result!

(This topic has been covered by Brandst, if you have any further doubts.)

This one has gone round in circles. Running tyres at high PSI will provide a stiff feeling ride but it won't inherently make the frame stiffer.

If you like a rock hard ride more power to your elbow. You'll need it on the track pump to inflate your tyres to two bar.

Two bar 'slike 24psi, nigga!

you should definitely just get a windsor the hour instead. my mercier just came in a few days ago and its awesome, but the hour definitely has way better parts. mainly just better cranks and hubs. and u can also invest the 50 dollars u didnt spend on your mercier on something else like new handlebars or brakes

boo merciers are sold out!

edit: anyone have experience with a kona paddy waaagon?

Yeah, I really like the Windsor. I replaced the stock drops with a pair of risers I had from my old conversion and I was ready to go!

Be sure to get your lockrings tightened after they come though! That shit is put on with finger pressure from the warehouse. My lockring slipped a lot by the time I got to my LBS