Bicyclettes

canice

I've been under the impression that 1/8 is quieter. even more so if you have a 1/8 chain on a 3/32 drive train. 1/8th is ideal (?) I also assume your talking track, right? let's see pics of your whip keagan.

I've been under the impression that 1/8 is quieter. even more so if you have a 1/8 chain on a 3/32 drive train. 1/8th is ideal (?) I also assume your talking track, right? let's see pics of your whip keagan.

1/8 chain on a 3/32 drive train is loouuud, presumably because the chain has all sorts of room to bang around from side to side. i know 3/32 drive train with matching chain is very quiet from experience, and ive never heard a 1/8 with matching chain. (although i cant imagine it being much quieter than full 3/32, since everything still matching perfectly)

id venture to say that as long as the drive train and chain match, your chainline is good, and you are properly lubed, it doesnt much matter whether its 1/8 or 3/32.

Ok so I preface this post with "360 pages is a lot to read to find out about locks and security so please forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere on page 112."

So I just got a brand new bike. This one, in fact:

readimageaspxfilename20kn1.jpg

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=11914&Type=bike

This is my old bike:

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=40799&Type=bike

Which I was perfectly happy locking up outdoors in NYC for short stretches. This bike, not so much. At least not without some serious security. Now I will NEVER be leaving it outside for long stretches or at night, I didnt even do that with the old bike. Maybe long enough to grab some lunch or dinner or maybe long enough to spend a half hour in UNIQLO but not much longer than that. But the old bike wasn't even valuable when I purchased it.

I've just heard about this thing called PitLocks - has anyone had any experiences with them?

http://www.urbanbiketech.com/about.html

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/pitlock.asp

I will probably buy these for my seat post, fork top, and both wheels and buy two new york kryponite u-locks plus a chain for the seat. Thoughts? Suggestions? Better ideas? Am I better off just keeping the mountain bike and/or getting a cheapo steel-frame beater bike to replace the old mountain bike in cases where I know I will need to lock it up? I love this new bike to death but in the summer I usually bike EVERYWHERE and I hate to think that I wont be able to do that anymore and be left only with the option of biking for the sake of biking which is OK but not quite as useful...

tia

man that's nothin!

you got lucky or something

my friend got hit today on his Bianchi Pista

he had little damage, but the bike was literally folded in half

and when I first ate shit on my apollo steel frame

shit crumpled like a tin can as well

Yeah I'm actually pretty lucky. It just pissed me off cuase I'd just gotten the tape put on but oh well. I still am wondering what kind of wheel I should get. I feel kinda silly when I think about an aerospoke on my bike. I consider it a beat around bike and find them to look pretty douchey most of the time, that is unless it's on a pista haha. Is it really that easy to get thrown over the bars from sprinting? Would gear ratio come into account?

well I never fall from sprinting or even get close calls

its always those damn potholes or cars :mad:

gear ratio would definatley have an affect, mine is 47x16 i believe which is generally pretty high, I think for my next ride ill have like like 46x15

on a side note..

Does anyone have any really small frames for sale? im talkin 52-53 cm TT and like 49(and less) seat tube

thanks

my buddy o pal wants a fixie

he went on this site missionbicycle.com

seems to me the bikes just look like painted over iro angus

looks like a scam to me

any info and comments about this company?

anyone have a mission fixie?

I think they look nice.

Ok so I preface this post with "360 pages is a lot to read to find out about locks and security so please forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere on page 112."

So I just got a brand new bike. This one, in fact:

readimageaspxfilename20kn1.jpg

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=11914&Type=bike

This is my old bike:

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=40799&Type=bike

Which I was perfectly happy locking up outdoors in NYC for short stretches. This bike, not so much. At least not without some serious security. Now I will NEVER be leaving it outside for long stretches or at night, I didnt even do that with the old bike. Maybe long enough to grab some lunch or dinner or maybe long enough to spend a half hour in UNIQLO but not much longer than that. But the old bike wasn't even valuable when I purchased it.

I've just heard about this thing called PitLocks - has anyone had any experiences with them?

http://www.urbanbiketech.com/about.html

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/pitlock.asp

I will probably buy these for my seat post, fork top, and both wheels and buy two new york kryponite u-locks plus a chain for the seat. Thoughts? Suggestions? Better ideas? Am I better off just keeping the mountain bike and/or getting a cheapo steel-frame beater bike to replace the old mountain bike in cases where I know I will need to lock it up? I love this new bike to death but in the summer I usually bike EVERYWHERE and I hate to think that I wont be able to do that anymore and be left only with the option of biking for the sake of biking which is OK but not quite as useful...

tia

You really only need a U-lock and the wire cable to loop through your front and back wheels. Maybe those Pitlocks if you're really THAT serious about locking up your bike for a few minutes at a time. However, with all that security, you're inviting asshat's to come over and kick your bike to the floor. So make sure to lock it up tight.

my buddy o pal wants a fixie

he went on this site missionbicycle.com

seems to me the bikes just look like painted over iro angus

looks like a scam to me

any info and comments about this company?

anyone have a mission fixie?

I mean, they say that the frame is a powdercoated IRO. You pay for colors, customization, and convenience. Seems about fair pricing mostly, but nothing I'd ever want.

thoughts on this? I might buy it

http://velospace.org/node/11661

Stop smoking crack?

I dunno, rear disks make sense on the track, but I thought that they'd transitioned to open front wheels (3 spoke/5 spoke) on the front even on enclosed velodromes. It's a fucking pursuit frame with an unwrapped bullhorn, a disk on the front and an aerospoke in the back. Riding that on the street may be the easiest way to look like a lobotomy patient I have ever considered. Riding that on most tracks must be illegal, I'm sure they do a "complete fucking moron" test or something.

I hate that bike so much.

Just noticed it doesn't come with the aerospoke, the stupid handlebars, or the seatpost/saddle. I guess that makes it better or something, but what a piece of shit.

i havent been on here forever but i just took some pictures of my bike today cause im tryin to sell it.. anywho, heres a few:

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

the rims look kinda turquoise but theyre actually bright blue. they match the grips perfectly

What size?

I wanna buy a new bike

edit: actually that goes to all of you; I want to buy a new bike, I need a standover at most of 30 inches, and Top tube of less than 54 cm

let me see what you've got!

I have a fucking deal for you. I have a black 53cm Iro Mark V, comes with Iro cranks, 2 chainrings, original fork, headset, and a seatpost. all for only $130.00. I just need the money Paypaled, lemme know through a PM.

Stop smoking crack?

I dunno, rear disks make sense on the track, but I thought that they'd transitioned to open front wheels (3 spoke/5 spoke) on the front even on enclosed velodromes. It's a fucking pursuit frame with an unwrapped bullhorn, a disk on the front and an aerospoke in the back. Riding that on the street may be the easiest way to look like a lobotomy patient I have ever considered. Riding that on most tracks must be illegal, I'm sure they do a "complete fucking moron" test or something.

I hate that bike so much.

Just noticed it doesn't come with the aerospoke, the stupid handlebars, or the seatpost/saddle. I guess that makes it better or something, but what a piece of shit.

That'd be legal on a track, I think, except for the bull horns, it's stilll a fixed track frame, and bull horns are the only legal thing on a track. the bike can't have anything on it, but the necessities. Plenty of people ride double disks, crosswinds fuck you over, but people do it. You just rag on people. a lot.