Bicyclettes

canice

pre-ordered and rejected. same shit happened to me. i'm pretty salty about it.

i e-mailed BD to inquire about a restock but haven't heard back from them.

fuckkk

well i pre-ordered it on *lowstock on the 9th....

good news i havnt gotten rejected yet, only recieved order receipt

bad news i havnt received tracking info....

thanks for the input guys~

i've narrowed it down to windsor the hour

i'll be upgrading it as i go along so it should suit my budget really nicely andddd experience level. and plus i'll be satisfied when i have higher quality stuff on it in the future.

does anyone know how long it takes for them to ship out and get it to your door??

question: the site says this

NOTE: PLEASE TIGHTEN YOUR LOCKRINGS, CRANKS, PEDALS ETC BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY RIDEStripped threads, cranks, pedals etc are due to those parts not being tightened enough by the rider and are not covered by warranty

question: the site says this is this a hard thing to do? (being a bike noob... it's hard to follow along what you guys say)

lockrings need special lockring wrenches... (LBS should have). You don't need to tighten after every ride, just the first time, it shouldn't slip if you get it put on hard enough. Cranks you can tighten with a certain sized allen wrench and the pedals you would need to use a 15mm skinny neck wrench. If you don't tighten the lockring it will reverse and your cog will slip off... and there goes your chain.

New news... I can now pop a wheelie haha.

I've heard its just the mercier without the decals lol. But I'm mostly positive it should fit, since the description says its a 1'' threaded fork and the stem is a threaded quill stem that "should" fit 1'' steerers... I'm not sure about ebayers though.

You should go for a threadless fork! I really like threadless over threaded. Then you can get a Cinelli Alter.

^

Hmm, still waiting for more replies to make sure that stem is legit. The picture of the stem just throws me off.

The frame is already in possession. For the price it's all good. The geometry feels very similar to a friends Vivalo & Umezawa frame,

: \

: l

: /

For sure you can use that stem on that frame. Just be aware of the slightly larger than usual clamp size and get yourself either a shim or appropriately sized handlebars.

edit: This shim isn't designed EXACTLY for the size conversion you'd need (using 26.0mm bars in a 26.4mm stem), but I bet it would do in a pinch if you spread the stem clamp ever so slightly. Call the shop and ask them and I bet they could let you know for sure. Hell, try using a cut up soda can before you go spending $10, you might not need it.

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_263_721&products_id=353&zenid=e93eb735fe49239acc46a9d17df1a36c

thats a problem...

cause the bus system here has 2 slots for bikes and some dont even have them (rare but happens...) and if they're full.. i'd have to get the next bus. the public transport isnt accurate (horrible in terms of foreigners)

and i have no cell phone so if im late... yikes i cant call in. -__-;

and then i dont wanna go swaeaty to work either.

but its all gooooood. bicycles are loveee!

You get used to being a bit sweaty all the time, plus you can just go extra slow if you have to be somewhere important and not sweaty.

Definitely worth it to not drive all the time though.

Extra shirt at least is key.

m1sterko - if you can wait a couple of months you should get the kilo tt pro when it comes out, better wheelset, better cranks, better tubing, for an amazing price.

Does anyone know if there is any functional difference between a regular backpack and a messenger bag? I have been looking at the black bag for a long time, because hauling groceries in a backpack is so awkward, but I don't know if it will even make a difference.

m1sterko - if you can wait a couple of months you should get the kilo tt pro when it comes out, better wheelset, better cranks, better tubing, for an amazing price.

whens the kilo TT pro supposed to come out?

if it comes through i maybe able to snag a low -mile non-stock bianchi pista for about 300-500 (depending on how much i haggle with him)

whens the kilo TT pro supposed to come out?

if it comes through i maybe able to snag a low -mile non-stock bianchi pista for about 300-500 (depending on how much i haggle with him)

I think late aug, but it will probably be even later. It sounds amazing though.

A low mile non-stock pista for 300 is excellent (depending on the components), and I would just go with that, who knows how long it will take for the kilo pros to come in

riding 5 miles at a time should become routine and not that hard in no time.

the best is if you have a shower at work, which is rare. other than that, just drive/train in one day with 2-3 chainges of nicer shirts/pants or whatever you have to wear and keep them in a closet or one of your drawers. ride in every day without a bag and don't haul ass to keep sweating down. i started riding in about 7 miles almos every day recently (it was about time), and found just cruising it and not pushing it too hard helped keep me from sweating as much.

rocket shower is also pretty good at keeping the funk down and there's recipes online that show you how to make a homemade version that works just as good for cheap.