Bicyclettes

canice

I'm on iPhone and can't view that embed argh I want to see.

for the record, i switched to a road bike because i wanted to engage myself in a more serious discipline of cycling. (theres no velodrome in singapore so fixies = street bikes??) and that i wanted to get faster.

That's cool and I totally like when you post changes on your bike. and if I could afford one I'd use it for the same purposes. Tho I don't think I'd need 34 gears. these dudes that used to park their fixed bikes at the corner coffe joint are now rolling up on 10-speeds. I personally consider building one up myself as a frame my size is available to me. But what I'm saying is that these hipsters probably aren't doin a century anytime soon.

Tell me no ones seeing vintage 10-speeds actually getting picked up everywhere.

I want to get on gears because many homies are some sort of CAT. An many rides are like 10+miles away. Not trying to ride out dothe ride and ride back. No complaints I'm making do with what I have which is also the greater appeal of FGs. I just gotta get stronger.

e: AND CUZ IT'S GETTING HOT.

Tell me no ones seeing vintage 10-speeds actually getting picked up everywhere.

Yeah someone made a thread about this on bike forums last summer. I don't care if people are swapping bikes. I prefer the aesthetic look of a fixed gear and I think they are more fun so ill never go back. I ride for pleasure not transportation so the practicality of a road bike wont sway me into getting one.

Surely most of the people who were riding fixies would have been riding geared bikes before? So it's hardly like some crazy swap. To some extent I guess if you hadn't cycled much before getting a fixie then a geared road bike is an obvious progression.

Either way you look at there will be someone there for the fad aspect. Whether its skateboarding, cycling, clothes w/e but I don't think that should stop someone from swapping over to a different platform. My friends and I go on rides at least 2-3 times a week and we wind up talkin to a couple older guys with road bikes and theyre talking about how theyre on their 30th out of 50 mile ride while were on like 20 out of 35 or something. I cant hit a 50+ mile ride at a good pace on my fixed no matter how much fun it is. My fixed gear isnt going anywhere but id love to add a good road cycle to the mix.

Also, such a sad break on Team Type One's bus gettin robbed! One of my buddies that I rode with from home here is on the team, and he couldn't start Gent-Wevelgem cause he didn't have a ride... sad!

Pretty BS, but life of a minor league pro team I guess... esp on Colnago's....

I really feel bad cause he's a short dude, always huslin for a bike to ride when he's not 'on-the-continent' with his team mech being supported.

Yeah someone made a thread about this on bike forums last summer. I don't care if people are swapping bikes. I prefer the aesthetic look of a fixed gear and I think they are more fun so ill never go back. I ride for pleasure not transportation so the practicality of a road bike wont sway me into getting one.

I've ridden my '94 Trek 1400 since 2005 and I've done several casual centuries and tours on it. It's a (reliable) piece of shit but I love it.

It even came with me from California to Chicago on my car. It looks like shit, and I've had to replace several of the old Shimano 105 components on it, (rear derailleur snapped off at 40 mph), but it's been my workhorse for uni/work for quite some time now.

I do want a serious 'touring'/'backcountry' bike like the Karate Monkey or something. :o

Also, such a sad break on Team Type One's bus gettin robbed! Colnago's....

Damn, lame.

Juelz Satana.

Idk why I really like the maca guys. They put out a lot of stuff so it's easy to follow along with them, I guess. Seem like fun dudes. My hommie met Cardiel a little while back and invited him to stay at his cabin or some shit in SF. And I guess since I watch their movie like all the time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/ghdub/a_corporate_bikeshop_is_shutting_down_my_charity/

some of you better bikeheads might be able to do something about this.

just doin' my civic duty

I just bought some new drop bars to replace my risers, but i cant get them through my stem because of the curve on the bars. Do i need to buy a stem that the front piece comes off?

......with BIOPACE! (Womp womp)

holy –

yeah i have those too. Weirded me out the first time I took a good luck at them and realize they weren't round. Go mid-90s japan.

Weird seeing people w their bike all the time then seeing them w/o and their steez goes with it.

Road homie always has his bike and road shoes. He was w/o his bike this night. Wow was his outfit broing questionable.

Same vice versa. Saw this du I know w his bike for the first time. He was clowning like a bike world's version if a hypebeast. I'm surprise I didn't spit beer at him laughing.

This isn't exactly the most active on threads so I like to throw my corroded two cents out.

I think people who jumped on Chrome are suckers. They do make great quality bags for their intended purposes but I think other brands are doing well to make affordable, weatherproof bags as well with other doohickeys to ensure comfort while riding like double stabilizing straps(!). I own some sort of limited purple metro. Got it for I love all things purple. It slips off my shoulder and pisses me off but I'm sure if I sized down (pretty big) I wouldn't have issues. If I knew of rolltops back then… I still get love for the sick belt buckle bro

recommendations on bags? Trying to get my first "messenger" bag, all i see chrome a lot, they good?

RE Load - has the same quality, made in USA and fully customable, got 4 bags from them

Bagjack - German made, they produce for Acronym and Stone Island, outstanding quality

SÄG - chinese made but the quality is good, used to own the Kalavinka bag and it was the best I ever had

There are probably more poppin up from time to time. There is a flickr group only for messenger bags. Check there for inspiration: http://www.flickr.com/groups/71332759@N00/

This isn't exactly the most active on threads so I like to throw my corroded two cents out.

I think people who jumped on Chrome are suckers. They do make great quality bags for their intended purposes but I think other brands are doing well to make affordable, weatherproof bags as well with other doohickeys to ensure comfort while riding like double stabilizing straps(!). I own some sort of limited purple metro. Got it for I love all things purple. It slips off my shoulder and pisses me off but I'm sure if I sized down (pretty big) I wouldn't have issues. If I knew of rolltops back then… I still get love for the sick belt buckle bro

I have a Chrome bag from 05, and it's usually in rotation. It's the middle size and it's perfect for what I need. While I understand the hate for Chrome (superfuture elitist stance), they're rugged, good bags. Mine's still kicking around in '11. I just took all the branding and painted the red buckle black. Works great.