Bicyclettes

canice

I cant wait till winter comes around... But Ima miss riding in shorts... Need to get some tights/leg warmers...

Where can I haz online for cheap?

It doesn't work so good when there's snow on the ground, but I like riding in arm warmers, shirt and touring shorts. I always feel weird in a shell.

errr not cheap but those outlier pants are pretty craze, in a 90s / techno prada kind of way. i can't imagine riding without at least a light jacket or shell in freezing conditions but that's just me...

Hey guys, I've never owned a good bike but now I'm starting to feel need for good transportation. I live in a semi-rural area, so a fix seems unnecessary. I'm about like a 56cm leg height (my father has a Cannondale and I seem to fit that well), and I have a budget of under 400$. Does anyone have a brand or a specific bike I can check out? Thanks.

i love those lugged cf frames. i almost bought a panasonic (made by alan i think) a couple years back but i got scared off by the stories of tubes not staying glued into the lugs. dunno if it is actually a common thing tho

Yeah, I heard some things about that too.

I think I need a new chain as my drivetrain is making a lot of noise but i cleaned the pulleys on the rear derailleur, checked the front one for clearance, and cleaned and lubed the chain. The only thing left to check is the cassette but I have no way of taking it off the wheel right now.

oh, and my front derailleur index shifter has a lot of slack in the cable when i'm in my low chainring.

Does anybody like Vittoria Diamante Pro tires?

Made a couple changes the other day: Winwood carbon fiber fork, shimano 105 headset (needed for the new fork), Sugino chainring, Specialized carbon seatpost. DEFINITELY rides a lot more comfy now, and shed a bit more than half a pound.

Was:

img9607a.jpg

Is (under unfortunate lighting):

img0243ql.jpg

I had some fun with the "winwood" branding and black electrical tape:

img0250j.jpgimg0245ix.jpg

I invested $150 in pitlocks for my Tricross:

http://www.pitlock.com/

Best. Thing. Ever.

Yesterday I watched a thief try and make off with my front wheel for almost 20 minutes, scratch his head, give up and walk away.

i would have beat him even for trying

and im considering buying a bianchi sanjose/ other cyclocross ss or just some beater mercier bike or fuji track comp hmmmmmmm

eh, im not bike nerd, but ill try..

i like it lots more as a whole. feels more solid (over the pista) i suppose? maybe a little heavier too but still very light so the difference is pretty negligible. i like the gearing on the stock steamroller more as well.

other than that, i like the cleaner/less flashy appearance of the steam roller, the fact that it came with a front break, and that it can fit bigger tires- im probably going to throw some 38mm's on that bitch or something.

all in all, seams like much more bang for and for less bucks

i want more info on this undercover track bike

I went there went that shit was on display, I took some pics with my cell phone and dude was like, "Pictures, no. Pictures" shaking his head and shit.

I couldnt tell shit about the frame as it was swiss cheesed and filled with spikes, but the cranks seem like they might have been decent quality, past tense.

I think Jun Takahashi actually rides a track bike and is somewhat into the culture, I remember seeing shots from some private bike related thing that was done at one of the UC stores a while back.

imgcexcitecojp.jpg