Bicyclettes

canice

Don't hate me, but is the Mash Cinelli frame some limited edition bullshit, or will it actually be available to buy somewhere?

limited to 1000 frames.

you'll most likely have to call up a store that has more upscale brands or something.

(only 2 places around me have them in stock .. and they were limited to a few frames i believe)

i think that frame is a Leader frame.

you can tell by those hideous dropouts...

no offense, bento, thats still a pretty dope bike.

i've always liked the aesthetics of a bike with

that cut out from the seat tube, like a pista concept or something

Not a Leader. Seat post clamp thing is integrated.

Don't hate me, but is the Mash Cinelli frame some limited edition bullshit, or will it actually be available to buy somewhere?

I talked to Mike, and they still plan to produce the frame for 2010. But they plan on tweaking the geo a bit.

Hopefully more aggressive.

And Id fuck that new "Super Pista" so hard.

Ima be broke in 2010...

Still want the Mash Cinelli too.

LoLZ at all the hate MASH is catching on various forums for getting together with a decent co. and making an aesthetically pleasing bike with decent geo at a reasonable price.

Nukkas b butthurt?

Like ML said this shit is fairly easily gotten if you got 8/900USD.

Anyway,

Ppl have been talking about the Mash Cinelli, the Vigorelli, and the new Concept, but any of you had a chance to ride the 2009 D2 Super Pista ALU???

Seriously thinking about picking up one of these frames, but, havent heard much about them, but the standard tagline from Bianchi.

bianchisuperpistaframe.jpg

ok so i would like to buy me a new bike because my 13 year old (or sth like that) mountainbike is really too old and it's no fun riding it.

i'm 6'2" (1,87m) tall

i looked for some stuff on the ebay but since i have no idea how to gauge the value of a bike i have no idea how much i should be bidding.

let's take this here for an example

click

so even though the text is in german, the specs are at the bottom and the translation looks something like this:

Components:

* Frame: welded steel frame

* Fork: lugged steel

* Crank: polished

* Sprocket: Shimano 52T

* Sprocket: Shimano cassette with 19 tooth freewheel

* Cranks: Shimano

* Bottom Bracket: Shimano

* Rims: chrome steel wheels

* Hubs: Shimano VIA

* Tires: Swall0w 32-622

* Handlebar: reduced road handlebar

* Brakes: Shimano Tourney

* Brake Levers: Shimano 105

* Features: white hull with new features Shimano

* Grip: Easton cork / gel

* Pedals: Kyokuto PRO ACE

* Saddle: MUNDIALITA white

so could anyone be so good as to give a noob some help? (yes i'm looking for a signle speed bike or a fixie with brakes, i don't trust this brakeless stuff ;) )

let's take for example, measuring yourself to find your proper size.

'shimano' is bullshit in this case. it looks like old low end components. the 105 levers aren't bad parts, but the cranks are garbage. it looks like the dude found that bike in the trash, stripped it down/customized it and is trying to sell it for way more than it's worth. classic noob preying. the saddle logo even looks like he drew it on with a marker.

maybe its just me, but that doesn't look like a 62 either.

I went there went that shit was on display, I took some pics with my cell phone and dude was like, "Pictures, no. Pictures" shaking his head and shit.

I couldnt tell shit about the frame as it was swiss cheesed and filled with spikes, but the cranks seem like they might have been decent quality, past tense.

I think Jun Takahashi actually rides a track bike and is somewhat into the culture, I remember seeing shots from some private bike related thing that was done at one of the UC stores a while back.

yo nig

do you remember that manhattan portege parody messenger bag he did a while back? the label had monsters ala where wild things are.

spotted that bag on some du at isetan. he was decked out with head to toe UC (except they were all from either the pre-highfashion era or were more "street").

Yea it's only 850 and if Albuquerque/Sante Fe has one thing, it's expensive bike shops. Might have to get myself an early Christmas present.

i know chari and co has one in stock

i think trackstar had one on display as well

it's easily attainable. you just gotta have the $

^ looking good!

anyone know where i can cop a SAG AF1 on the cheap? if anyone is willing to proxy, i'm open to that too.

the thing is SAG bags are easier to find in the states and the price conversion is pretty much 1:1. get it in the states thru chari and co or PBI.

do you guys know people who put together 24" fixed BMX bikes with 700c rims?

ive seen a lot of dus doing that shit in tokyo.it looks pretty next level. those niggas at shiba kouen doing mad trickz

let's take for example, measuring yourself to find your proper size.

'shimano' is bullshit in this case. it looks like old low end components. the 105 levers aren't bad parts, but the cranks are garbage. it looks like the dude found that bike in the trash, stripped it down/customized it and is trying to sell it for way more than it's worth. classic noob preying. the saddle logo even looks like he drew it on with a marker.

maybe its just me, but that doesn't look like a 62 either.

it probably looks smaller because the saddle is all the way down. dude is selling it b/c the bike is too big for him

thanks for the advice, if it stays below, let's say 200€ i think i might cop

i did that calculator thing a while ago, and it said should shoot for a big frame, so 62ish or something like that.

@RedX: you should never buy a bike with steel rims if you're not just buying it for parts. Steel rims weigh a lot and are chintzy.

well the question is, as a complete amateur would i even notice?

also could someone maybe comment on the ratio of the sprokets (i think they're called). is that an easy setup to ride or does it require a lot of strength/endurance?

thanks for the replies, they're being very helpful :)

should i get an adapter for easy bar changes or go for class with the quill..

it's a lugged njs frame :(

Just get a threaded stem with a removable faceplate.

I have both an adapter and a stem with a removable faceplate. Adapter makes the front end look chunky, while the stem with the removable faceplate, while still being chunky compared to regular quill stems, is still aesthetically appeasing.

Still waiting to get a threaded Salsa stem, with the removable faceplate.

Pay $60 in a shop, or hope that someone decides to sell me one for $20?

ayo, check this. i always ride a bike to the subwaystation and take the subway to school. but this afternoon i discovered my bike had been stolen.

sometimes people put your bike somewhere else for some odd reason, so i just took out my fixed (luckily i didnt ride my fixed this morning) to look for it.

i was just riding really slow looking around, also cause i forgot my lock. all of a sudden i hear this nig calling me names at the other side of the street. telling me i should come closer so he could fuck me up.

thought this dude might be thinking i was trying to take his spot, so didn't pay attention to it. couple minutes later he was standing at the end of the road with some other fucker, telling me to give my bike to him or he'll fuck me up.

i just turned around and drove away, but yo, what the fuck? i never had those (wannabe) thugs paying any attention to me before. those guys prolly don't even know what kind of bike i was riding.

flat1 b the bike i ride back home in tokyo.

everything is solid except the rims / spokes. they are really shitty

i would replace them with BMX rims f'reals