Bicyclettes

canice

i got a chain tool today.

changing my chain now

weeeeeeeee

Hahaha. Okay, so a few weeks ago, we were in LA for a Chainmob ride, and we had just gotten there. Cue 1 hour to lift-off. My friend's bike still unput together, so my other friend and I are pretty proficient in the bikeology of putting bikes together, so we decide to put her bike together again in <30 minutes. We put everything on more or less (put in bearings upside down but that wasn't too bad), but then forgot that I had undone her chain using a chaintool. So the bike's back together (sans derailleurs, sort of a cheap (wo)man's single-speed), except for the chain, which has a single loop undone.

We try thinking (mj + etOH woo hoo), and then after nearly having our fingers bleed from pressing the chain pin back in (durr), we decide to get a hammer and cutting board and hammer the damn pin back in.

Long story short, we were successful in getting the chain pin back on, only to realize that we had threaded the chain outside the triangle of the bike.

I tried towing her for a few miles, but after a near collision with a drunken Indian guy in a dress, decided she would be better off schlepping with her bf around the ocean while myself and other proficient bike dude go off and join the Mob.

tl;dr: Bring a bike chain tool wherever you are. +(other tools too!)

i seen a few place online doing custom drilled phils,anyone know place with best price?think im gonna have to bite the bullet for the ventos as im bit unsure about the 32 to 16 still got to track down a nice 32 hole rear rim for everyday as my man with atlanta campags seems to have gone quite

damn, went riding for a long time yesterday and for some reason my nut sack was being pulled forward...

was it my tight pants or the saddle angle.. (its parallel to the top tube)

other than that it was hella fun... my chain seems loose as vagina after that long ride and i now know how to ride with no hands;)

Fuck yeahs, Tazer.

That thing looks wicked fucking light.

its about 22lbs with no brakes or pegs... check out my bike check on bikeguide.org

Bike Check

IMG00026.jpg

No seatpost whatsoever? aahah The raw look is nice though. what frame is it?

i have a seatpost. its an animal stump that i cut down and wedge modified. i cut the seat tube flush with the TT.

IMG_0024.jpg

The frame is a Fly Pantera II with a 21" TT

Thanks for the good comments.

yeah. i dont really barspin, not because of my seat though. my bars are huge so im scared haha. my knees are already so fucked, i shouldnt be doing more damage to them.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but couldn't hurt to check:

I'm swapping out my drops for bullhorns (nitto rb-009's), and thus switching from standard road brake levers to reverse (bar-end) levers. Do I need to brake cables & housings? Or should the length needed for the cables & housings be the same?

how comfy are brooks saddles...

my butt hurts after long rides from all the bumpity bumps life throws at me.

(looking for something that will serve me well on long distance rides)

I've got about 200 miles on my brooks and the thing is still pretty fucking stiff. I could always loosen the nut, but I sorta like it.

your bones dont hurt?

its mianly the bone butting aginst the muscles which cause the pain soo... yeah :x

so far i've heard relatively good things about stiff leather being good cause you wont get so much friction while riding.

i guess trial / error will be the only way to find out!

sooooooo after careful consideration.. (hah) i decided it would be better to get something w/ gears and brakes instead of the fixed gear, brakeless, Bianchi Pista. lol

do people here think the Bianchi Via Narone Sora is a good buy for an entry level road bike? the guy at the shop near me said it is, but that i should look at scott's entry level frames as they are apparently pretty good for the money. i wanna stay under $1000

http://www.bianchiusa.com/08_c2c_nirone_sora_3x.html

your bones dont hurt?

its mianly the bone butting aginst the muscles which cause the pain soo... yeah :x

so far i've heard relatively good things about stiff leather being good cause you wont get so much friction while riding.

i guess trial / error will be the only way to find out!

you've only been riding for a couple days? a lot of that pain is just your body getting used to riding, i remember a while back i was off my bike for a couple months, came back and it took me a while to not be in pain.

brooks saddles are awesome, though

Guest youkinorn
looks real clean and suave, (not that i know anything about quality or anything)

i saw some japanese fixed gear riders on youtube like grinding their chains or something on elevated surfaces.... how do they not rip it off?:confused:

You can buy guards that cover the chainring