Bicyclettes

canice

yah james newman, mash sf crewww

TODAY IS A MOMENTOUS DAY.

I'm finally biking without hands consistently (ie. clapping, crossed arms, hands overhead, flailing) while keeping balance. I can weave, slow down and speed up without my hands, too. I'm so fucking happy.

I also discovered that I can skid 100x better with my heels digging into the pedals. I've been using the balls of my feet to push back, since I don't have clips (which I need to get asap.), and now that I'm using my heels, I skid for way longer and so much more easily.

My gear ratio is 52x17 :/

Now to attempt wheeliessss.

52x17 with no straps or clips?

f a i l

yah james newman, mash sf crewww

TODAY IS A MOMENTOUS DAY.

I'm finally biking without hands consistently (ie. clapping, crossed arms, hands overhead, flailing) while keeping balance. I can weave, slow down and speed up without my hands, too. I'm so fucking happy.

I also discovered that I can skid 100x better with my heels digging into the pedals. I've been using the balls of my feet to push back, since I don't have clips (which I need to get asap.), and now that I'm using my heels, I skid for way longer and so much more easily.

My gear ratio is 52x17 :/

Now to attempt wheeliessss.

i just got wheelies down. after a week of practicing, i haven't moved my wheel yet and got half links but you should if you are about to start.

its fun.

yeah get powdercoated, for single colour its decent value when you take in to account all the work/cost of doing it yourself(im assuming most places sandblast prep frame inc price)they do in uk.

I read i can lace a 16hpw wheel to a 32 hole hub,would this cause any problems and or look wiered,I just won a set of campage ventos and need to re build the rear for fixed, i have a 32 hole phil i could use,

I read i can lace a 16hpw wheel to a 32 hole hub,would this cause any problems and or look wiered,I just won a set of campage ventos and need to re build the rear for fixed, i have a 32 hole phil i could use,

NIGGA, U just paid GBP 240.00 (approximately US $427.08) for these?

73f4_12.JPG

Damn, they are fucking nice, but U crazy.

I was watching them too, but I was thinking of a custom PW hub with with bladed spokes for em....waiting for pics of the build.

would this be worth it if I can get him down to $200?

000_0078.jpg

"Spalding Steel Road Bike Single Speed Conversion. Nice "lugged" steel Frame and fork. Frame is very clean - has some chips in the paint, but no rust. Gold detail paint aroud the lugs. 53 cm from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube. 31" stand over height. Tires are in good shape 27"x1-1/8" 85psi. Gearing is 40 tooth chainring and 14 tooth gear on the Shimano freewheel."

yes. that is a dude just building up shitty old bikes to scam people who dno't know what's up yet. i definitely got burned on that back in 2004.

it was a nishiki international, so the tubing was decent, but it had a garbage ass 27" suicide wheelset that was redished and duducranks. at least most of the parts on it were decent and i sold the vintage NJS saddle that came on it for more than a decent wheelset.

that is also garbage for $350. typically when they're older bikes like that and people just say a bunch of buzz words like "fixie" "single speed" or brand names but not specific parts.. like sugino cranks, not sugino 75 or sugino messenger... typically are garbage.

from the looks of it, it has a redished 27" wheelset, road hub with an old bottom bracket lockring on it (tsk tsk), and maybe some old cranks. the flite saddle is worth more than the rest of the bike.

if you're going to spend $2-350 just suck it up and get a mercier kilo and forget about it until you learn more about parts, etc.

i think i just purchased a wrong-sized chain ring. fuck.

super n00b alert:

how do you adjust chain length / tense that shit?

you need a special tool, a chain breaker.

you could probably get your local bike shop to do it for you, if you don't want to buy the tool.

You know the pedal is reverse threaded on the left side right?

If you're still turning it the right way and nothing is doing it for you, try something similar to WD40 or something to loosen the pedal from the arm or get a pipe and attach it to your wrench for EXTRA LEVERAGE! That worked for me.

You know the pedal is reverse threaded on the left side right?

If you're still turning it the right way and nothing is doing it for you, try something similar to WD40 or something to loosen the pedal from the arm or get a pipe and attach it to your wrench for EXTRA LEVERAGE! That worked for me.

yea, I know, the wrench just wasnt getting a grip on there. So I just ended up stuffing it in the box the the pedal on.

Ill try that pipe trick next time though, thanks

wont the chain eventually loosen up though?

shit bikes are more technological than i ever imagined... :rolleyes:

No, no. He was talking about splitting the chain to remove unnecessary links.

From your original post, we're all assuming that you've changed the chainring but now the chain is lacking tension, so you may need to shorten the chain to get good tension. If that is the case you'll need a chain splitter (or chain breaker as its been called).

If not, can you pull the rear wheel further back in the dropouts to create more tension?

Or give us more to go on. What happened, and how is it now?