Bicyclettes

canice

I haven't looked at this thread for monthssss.

All you kids stopping with your balls on the stem or doing it for whatever reason, thanks for making me smile a little inside it every time it happens. The best part is when you're prepping yourself when to skid, it's so awesome.

I haven't looked at this thread for monthssss.

All you kids stopping with your balls on the stem or doing it for whatever reason, thanks for making me smile a little inside it every time it happens. The best part is when you're prepping yourself when to skid, it's so awesome.

Please if you haven't already, buy this and wear it when you're out and about...

product.cfm?cat_id=1&id=17

Theres nothing wrong with 48/18... Its been my favorite ratio so far... Hasnt failed me yet, nor any of my other friends who ride the same ratio...

holler. 48x18 since i can remember

48/18 leaves you with only 3 skid patchs.

basically saying that you'll be skidding on the same 3 parts of your tire every time.

But if you get a 17 cog, then you'll always have 17 patches.

people shouldnt trip over skid patches, just get a decent tire and ride it out. whatever ur ratio is you shouldnt be worrying about "oh am i skidding on that same patch" counting pedal revolutions in your head like err.

plus i myself enjoy a good tire change now and then. finally down to the threads of my everwear after 3 months of brakeless in san fran, daly city and pacifica.

this thread goes in mad circles

which is why i dont like to check up on here any more or write much because there's always gonna be new folks asking the same things we just talked about a page back or so, it's all about instant gratification nowadays. do some research people and quit being lazy.

u can't just open a book and start reading from where everyone else is at.

begin at page 1

thanks man.

i've got some mks gr-9's right now that are creaky as hell, anyone know if it's a good idea to take em apart and repack em, or just get a new set? i can't bring myself to buy $200 pedals for city riding

I had the same problem with my mks pedals. They creaked non stop so I just popped off the cap on the end and repacked it with grease. Spins silent now.

im selling this brand new never ridden 56 cm torelli corsa pista track frame. hand built in italy partially lugged lighter and as strong as any njs frame. they go for 750 new instores without bottom bracket headset and fork so i figured since i bought it for 795 (will send recipt) and you get a brand new headset and italian bottom bracket that i went out and bought but never ended up using, and never even road the thing, i should get at least 700 for it. if you like it email me and we can discuss shipping and stuff [email protected]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/torelli8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/torelli7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/torelli2.jpg

What in the name of hell are you talking about? It was a road triathlon and I ride an Argon 18 tri-bike, with a 50/36 chainring.

That's the stuff.

You threw me off.... granny's are the inner chainring of a triple chainset. You have a double, which just has a small and a big ring. Or outer and inner, if you prefer.

Some compact chainsets overshift easily if there is no jump-stop or meticulously set up derailler. Make sure the front mech is mounted as low as possible.

it's rare that a chain will come off for no reason. assuming you were already in the little ring, there could be a few things going on...

semi-stiff chain link

bent chainring/ spider/ tooth

shitty rings

frame flex

if were you dropping into the little from the big, frame flex, incorrect der. adjustment, shifting under load, worn ring/ chain...

mine:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I am really getting fed up with my Cannondale Gear set(Shimano RSX). Its a 1999 R300. I coast way too much when I ride it and When I choose the stiffy gears the bike just feels unnecessarily heavy. I need something that'll make me feel like I'm getting a decent work out and I want to feel it more when I peddle. Guys on fixies ride past me with ease.

I like the frame(CAAD2 ALuminium design) too much to sell the bike but I am seriously considering getting a new gear set. Anyone have any recommendations?

I also might not be peddling right. I've been riding for a few months now and I haven't been satisfied.