Bicyclettes

canice

I suspect I know the answer to this, but couldn't hurt to check:

I'm swapping out my drops for bullhorns (nitto rb-009's), and thus switching from standard road brake levers to reverse (bar-end) levers. Do I need to brake cables & housings? Or should the length needed for the cables & housings be the same?

anyone.....?

how much does it cost to get a frame painted? not powdercoat, a proper enamel job, then im going to paint where the lugs touch the frame myself

im in australia but american/wherever prices/advice welcome

about $200-$300 for a super legit, high quality and durable job that will last. more if you want a more custom job, multicolor, decals under the clear, sparkle or pearls, etc.

a fixed gear dude saw me riding once and said that when you are at a vertical leg position your pedal should be linear also. (so making sure your leg is straight when pedaling is important)

can i get a confirmation on that?

and i got generic leather straps they ran me 39.99 prolly only a 30 buck value on the net but being a LBS it was markedup

bike-2.jpg

progress shot just gotta get the ventos rebuilt for track.

or

bike-1.jpg

part me thinking painting the hed white

TRACK DROPS!!

that thing is beautiful... ive wanted to get a vintage Colnago or something for so long... just lack the cash flow

brand new white deep v on formula hubs for 130-140 ish.

i could also get aerospokes if anybody needs.

are formula hubs good or are they standard ( i have theM so guessing standard)

and how much for aerospoke?

i can skip now and skid stop alottttt faster lol.

but i rather use a hand brake just in case.

are formula hubs good or are they standard ( i have theM so guessing standard)

and how much for aerospoke?

i can skip now and skid stop alottttt faster lol.

but i rather use a hand brake just in case.

they are standard. most hubs built such as velocity, soma, etc are formulas. buy them! 120ish.

aerospoke for 295+TaX.

gah just deflated my tieres on accient.. and turns out the pump i have doesnt fit bikes. gotta go get a pump later tonight. for the rest of you guys its relatively easy for you to cycle with no hands on the handlebar right? (i tend to ride with no hands sso i wont lean forward so much)

gah just deflated my tieres on accient.. and turns out the pump i have doesnt fit bikes. gotta go get a pump later tonight. for the rest of you guys its relatively easy for you to cycle with no hands on the handlebar right? (i tend to ride with no hands sso i wont lean forward so much)

riding with no hands is pretty much second nature. i ride with no hands more than i ride with hands.

a fixed gear dude saw me riding once and said that when you are at a vertical leg position your pedal should be linear also. (so making sure your leg is straight when pedaling is important)

can i get a confirmation on that?

Do not ride with your leg completely straight on the downstroke. There should be a small bend (5 degrees). Basically do not ride where your knee is locking out. Its inefficient and you'll damage the joint in the long run.

how much does it cost to get a frame painted? not powdercoat, a proper enamel job, then im going to paint where the lugs touch the frame myself

im in australia but american/wherever prices/advice welcome

Bike painters charge about $250 for a frame and fork. This can go up for additional coats of clear/filling/special paint.

It's pretty expensive, but a car painter wouldn't fill any imperfections and would paint a lot heavier, and wouldn't bake the frame.