Denim in Singapore

tweeds

I was at the Tangs orchard last night and happen to notice the new store.

Either i was dreaming last night or i did saw their raw jeans for mens.

I saw 2 type of raw jeans there, one is more relaxed fit and the other is more towards slim fit.

I'm not bothered to check what line are they as i've outgrew my interest for evisu ever since i read they're spotted on Hollywood stars glamorous ass :D

And of course my eye can just playing trick on me since it's late at night :D

I saw 2 type of raw jeans there, one is more relaxed fit and the other is more towards slim fit.

I'm not bothered to check what line are they as i've outgrew my interest for evisu ever since i read they're spotted on Hollywood stars glamorous ass :D

Yeah there was raws but one i think was for ladies as the pockets were really small, and the other was non selvage and really thin

you say this as though there's something wrong with buying denim that is non selvage? sup with that?

you need english lessons.

but till then lemme help you out a little.

I was at the Tangs orchard last night and I happened to notice the new store.

I was either dreaming last night or I did see their raw jeans for men.

I saw 2 types of raw jeans there, one is more of a relaxed fit and the other is more towards a slim fit.

I did not bother to check what line are they from as i've outgrown my interest for evisu ever since I read that they're spotted on Hollywood stars' glamorous asses :D

And of course, my eyes could just be playing tricks on me since it was late at night :D

sounds like a copy of the Skin instore section to me. i wonder why bread and butter inserted themselves into the market anyway...isn't it already pretty saturated?

yeah market is kinda saturated, but I always have this feeling that companies dealing with departmental stores think that they capture a different target audience, possibly due to age group, efficiency & convenience of a departmental store.

so instead of comparing against the number of premium denim brands and the number of inde stores selling premium denim brands, they compare it to departmental stores only, and in this case, only isetan @ scotts has anything near premium denim (7forallmankind, stuff like that.), so they probably thought it would be okay to enter the market.

they should just go ahead and fully focus on evisu though; red wolves is almost dead.

on a separate note, gap has finally brought in the two selvage models, about a whole year after they were released in the states.

yo plongin, relax man. I've nothing against non-selvage denim - just trying to furnish those who might want to know more with additional details. Though i must say, non-selvage Evisu denim just don't feel right. EvisuxPuma was already a bit of a letdown but at least the details they had made up for it. The pairs i saw at Tangs definitely had less detailing and the denim felt insubstantial as well.

Evisu has gone somewhat off from their original roots, and I feel other brands would be better off doing "fashion denim" - better cuts etc. They used to stand for high quality repro denim though things have changed somewhat since then - see the Euro line, for instance. Their japan line with the wrangler repro seems to be on a return to form, and of course Tangs seem unlikely to bring that in, even if they probably could offer it at a better price point than Red Wolves.

Perhaps I was hoping too much that Bread and Butter would offer more for denim geeks, seeing how they're almost positioning it to be a denim bar of sorts.

you say this as though there's something wrong with buying denim that is non selvage? sup with that?

you need english lessons.

but till then lemme help you out a little.

I was at the Tangs orchard last night and I happened to notice the new store.

I was either dreaming last night or I did see their raw jeans for men.

I saw 2 types of raw jeans there, one is more of a relaxed fit and the other is more towards a slim fit.

I did not bother to check what line are they from as i've outgrown my interest for evisu ever since I read that they're spotted on Hollywood stars' glamorous asses :D

And of course, my eyes could just be playing tricks on me since it was late at night :D

I'm sorry if not being a native english speaker is a crime here, i always thought this forum is about fashion not english class, wrong address i guess :rolleyes:

From your WAYWT photos i assumed that you're an adult. You sir, have a poor manner for an adult.

Edit: I won't be offended if this is supertrash but last time i check this thread is in superdenim

I'm sorry if not being a native english speaker is a crime here, i always thought this forum is about fashion not english class, wrong address i guess :rolleyes:

From your WAYWT photos i assumed that you're an adult. You sir, have a poor manner for an adult.

Edit: I won't be offended if this is supertrash but last time i check this thread is in superdenim

whoa slow down sonny, and read my remarks slowly and clearly; and understand it.

I didn't rag on you, I just gave you the recommendation that you needed english classes. because you have bad english. I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying that you have bad english. And I corrected it for the good of superfuture, so that others can understand what you were trying to put across. That's definitely not poor manners, I'm sorry. If I were a friend of yours, and said the same things and corrected your english for you, you wouldn't think that it was an insult.

SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU INSULTED, when I did you a FAVOR?

Tweeds,Venue is moving away from its puma stuff to aprils? whats happening?!

yo plongin, relax man. I've nothing against non-selvage denim - just trying to furnish those who might want to know more with additional details. Though i must say, non-selvage Evisu denim just don't feel right. EvisuxPuma was already a bit of a letdown but at least the details they had made up for it. The pairs i saw at Tangs definitely had less detailing and the denim felt insubstantial as well.

Evisu has gone somewhat off from their original roots, and I feel other brands would be better off doing "fashion denim" - better cuts etc. They used to stand for high quality repro denim though things have changed somewhat since then - see the Euro line, for instance. Their japan line with the wrangler repro seems to be on a return to form, and of course Tangs seem unlikely to bring that in, even if they probably could offer it at a better price point than Red Wolves.

Perhaps I was hoping too much that Bread and Butter would offer more for denim geeks, seeing how they're almost positioning it to be a denim bar of sorts.

True that, maybe they just went all out to commercialize or something; lower all round quality and whack products are definite drawbacks from commercializing and expanding...

But I never had hope that Bread and Butter would sell good stuff though, tangs always seems to cater more to the luxury cats: true religion, fred perry, ed hardy etc.

whoa slow down sonny, and read my remarks slowly and clearly; and understand it.

Tweeds,Venue is moving away from its puma stuff to aprils? whats happening?!

I really doubt Venue would let go of Puma ever. I understand even the non Puma branded collabs (branded as in Nuala, McQueen, Mihara, 96 Hours) like the normal Puma shoes and the Puma-Ferrari are also carried by Venue.

Yeah, prob why Yamane decided to go do his own thing all over again. Thankfully as far as japanese denim goes, there are far more options now than just a couple of years before.

Haha luxury? You're being too kind. They're appealing to something more akin to the hipster set methinks. Have a sudden flashback to an ex-colleague who appears to shop exclusively at SKIN. His outfits look like the bastard lovechild of 80's sequinned hair metal and 70s bellbottom hipster.

On the subject of Fred Perry, their polos, while perhaps 10 bucks cheaper than the Laurel store, appear to be made in China. Those in the laurel store at Ann Siang should be made in England if I'm not wrong as they go by measurements and not size, and thus of much better cut and quality.

I really doubt Venue would let go of Puma ever. I understand even the non Puma branded collabs (branded as in Nuala, McQueen, Mihara) like the normal Puma shoes and the Puma-Ferrari are also carried by Venue.

don't think they are going to let go of Puma in the short term anyway, just replacing Raf for April77.

it's getting the hell out of the non-selling raf simons and bringing in some hyped stuff instead. at least, that's what i hear....april77's non-denim line.

I wonder why Raf just cant sell. Club 21 tried and failed sometime back. But Raf's Jil stuff still can sell in Club 21 although they downsized from a full Jil mens and womens store to Jil mens in Club 21 men.

Dont really see Birkemberg flying off the shelf for Venue too. So what will Venue carry next? Rick Owen? Julius? CCP? I would love if they carry those so I can raid them in their next clearance sale. :D

I didn't rag on you, I just gave you the recommendation that you needed english classes. because you have bad english. I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying that you have bad english. And I corrected it for the good of superfuture, so that others can understand what you were trying to put across. That's definitely not poor manners, I'm sorry. If I were a friend of yours, and said the same things and corrected your english for you, you wouldn't think that it was an insult.

SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU INSULTED, when I did you a FAVOR?

okay, let me make things clear since we do not know each other. i agree that i wont be offended if u were my friend but im sorry we barely know each other and you can point my grammar error in a more friendly way.

i believe if you meet a stranger in a RL you would not point his / her grammar or weakness in language in such a "rude" way.

I may get your message wrongly and if that is the case i apologies, im not trying to attack you, just trying to defending myself. Lets keep the flamewars in supertrash, cheers.

btw, i do know my weakness in english, im just trying to be contributive by giving information about the new store in town

Yeah, prob why Yamane decided to go do his own thing all over again. Thankfully as far as japanese denim goes, there are far more options now than just a couple of years before.

Haha luxury? You're being too kind. They're appealing to something more akin to the hipster set methinks. Have a sudden flashback to an ex-colleague who appears to shop exclusively at SKIN. His outfits look like the bastard lovechild of 80's sequinned hair metal and 70s bellbottom hipster.

On the subject of Fred Perry, their polos, while perhaps 10 bucks cheaper than the Laurel store, appear to be made in China. Those in the laurel store at Ann Siang should be made in England if I'm not wrong as they go by measurements and not size, and thus of much better cut and quality.

1. Skin doesnt really impress me. They have what? Ed Hardy and Antik Denim and Rock & Republic? And the prices aint really that cheap. I would rather spend on more 'high end' clothing and designers.

2. I like the Fred Perry store at Ann Siang especially the collabs. Just wish they can have more and bigger sales on their stuff.

what i'm interested in watching is the way actually has just brought in hellsbells, and venue is said to be bringing in the full lineup from april77. what is QC going to do in the face of these incursions into their territory?

catfight! :cool:

WHEN?!?!!

ten10

Not denim related, but a heads up for those who might be interested to stock up on underwear. Calvin Klein underwear (both the basic Body and Pima range only, it seems) were at 50% when I was in Tangs VivoCity.

As CK underwear is a controlled price item, I'm guessing this applies at all major retailers. Time to grab now - note that when departmental stores have 20% storewide sales, CK is always sold at nett. Good denim deserves good underwear.

When I asked about the new Steel range, the sales guy drew a blank. :confused: