Denim in Singapore

tweeds

defiance: m12's slim, but f1102's tight and much shorter! i tried on s or m i'm not sure, but it fitted quite big, so i'm trying to be safe.

does the laurel store carry f1102s?

i don't know, but i'm content with how the M12's fit on me :D

if you tried the size 36" and it fits big... you must have a really small build.

and no the laurel store doesn't carry them.

since this is a sg thread, i think it should be appro. to ask my questions here.

where can i get some decent quality and not so pricey formal wear (incl. Shoes) in SG(besides G2000)? Any particular brand/s you guys can recommend? Best if can provide the location too.. 1 more question, where to get nice chinos here (need it for work)?

Just realized that my wardrobe has Tees and Jeans only, not a single formal wear!!! (haha...)

Anyhow, need to get all these before Tues..ARgh... Thank you and appreciate your help!

actually tangs has a good range of shirts ranging from business wear to design-oriented stuff, and a very international brand list. don't look down on departmental stores, if you're looking for simple, decent and moderately priced stuff.

for shoes i don't believe in buying cheap stuff that won't last (pedro, or so i've heard), so a pair of good shoes that you can take care of for a long time seems to be the best investment...english shoemaker loake at robinsons is a little pricey but will do their job well. there's very little to choose from, shoewise, in singapore.

for shoes i don't believe in buying cheap stuff that won't last (pedro, or so i've heard), so a pair of good shoes that you can take care of for a long time seems to be the best investment...english shoemaker loake at robinsons is a little pricey but will do their job well. there's very little to choose from, shoewise, in singapore.

IMO the best bet is to get a contact to ship a couple of Allen Edmonds from America. If your contact knows where to buy on discount, a nice business oxford will run around $100-200. Stores like Barneys or Saks also often have sales where you can purchase shoes below $100.

So yeah, a proxy service might be a good idea.

IMO the best bet is to get a contact to ship a couple of Allen Edmonds from America. If your contact knows where to buy on discount, a nice business oxford will run around $100-200. Stores like Barneys or Saks also often have sales where you can purchase shoes below $100.

So yeah, a proxy service might be a good idea.

actually that's a great idea...or there's also p.lal in malaysia

Yup, he sells at great prices, maybe when I'm a rich, washed-up, old fogey 10 years later I'll buy his Edward Greens...

But I think you can get away with wearing G2000 shirts and cheap shoes to work in Singapore, as long as the fit's good and no squared-toed/loafer monstrosities. Unless you're in a managerial position, flossing isn't encouraged in the office, from what I've seen. Besides, I don't want coffee stains on my nice tops heh.

I actually bought a pair of C&J Savile from Plal recently. Great price and the service is fantastic. The shoes? "No Horse Run" .....

Loake is at Robinson's. Easy to reach, but over-priced. Not very highly regarded over at Styleforum, but at that level, Loake is, imo, one of the best at a "reasonable" price you can buy in SG. Artioli the damn expensive. Maybe Hermes has JL Paris (I don't know), but all these cost x times more ..... By online, boys.

Hello, i just got a pair of raw 5010xx 6x6 skulls today, my virgin pair of raw and selvedge denim, so yeah, denim newb here.

Can't wait to start wearing the skulls in but have to get the length altered first. Any places to recommend to get the jeans altered? Price is no object, just want a place that'll do a damn good job.

I also plan to wear this pair to work, i work in a warehouse job, a lot of moving about, bending, stretching, etc etc and i figure out that's the probably the best way to break in this pair as quickly as possibly.

But the flipside is that it's really dirty and smelly at my workplace. eg, my levis 505s start smelling like dog's sweat and relish after just 2 weeks, and this is coming from a TOTAL SLOB. So should i or should i not wear the skulls to my workplace????

Hello, i just got a pair of raw 5010xx 6x6 skulls today, my virgin pair of raw and selvedge denim, so yeah, denim newb here.

Can't wait to start wearing the skulls in but have to get the length altered first. Any places to recommend to get the jeans altered? Price is no object, just want a place that'll do a damn good job.

I also plan to wear this pair to work, i work in a warehouse job, a lot of moving about, bending, stretching, etc etc and i figure out that's the probably the best way to break in this pair as quickly as possibly.

But the flipside is that it's really dirty and smelly at my workplace. eg, my levis 505s start smelling like dog's sweat and relish after just 2 weeks, and this is coming from a TOTAL SLOB. So should i or should i not wear the skulls to my workplace????

u brought it at QC? what size u brought and whats your actualsize? i had try it once before but its kinda too slim for me:( but i really like the quality of the denim. personally i think that its not suitable wearing to work...as u said u were working at warehouse and i think it sure sweat alot when wearing them...the denim was 14.5oz if im not wrong:rolleyes: anyway, happy breaking!!