Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

ALRIGHT!!!!

I'm taking down the other three and just posting these two (too much Photobucket bandwith use)

and THEN you guys can pass final judgement on wether I should get them tapered in or not.

you seem to have really long legs like I do. I wouldn't taper them too much because of that, I think overly tapered jeans on very long and skinny legs start to look funny.

I have a somewhat retarded question.. after the creases set in on the stacking, is it possible to walk without having to pull them up? because i am constantly having to pull them up when i'm not wearing shoes.

Or could you put a bunch of liquid starch and freeze them in a certain position?

after the creases have set they somewhat stay like that, but from my experience they'll still slide under your foot every once in a while. you can just turn the edge a bit when youre inside or something. I wear 21's though, so if you wear 19's they might stay around your ankle better.

I know, it's not DH jeans.. but i had to show it off..

just got it two days ago..

DSC05209-723583.JPG

DSC05208-788015.JPG

DSC05206-783044.JPG

amazing watch, I was in a tag heuer outlet a couple months back at woodbury commons and they had an amazing dior watch (the basic one that they always have that retails for like 1700) for 2/3 off and I had to pass for lack of money. Its sad how much I regret not buying that right then.

thought so :)

I guess 19cm it is.

Good call. You should stick with a 19cm. I've only seen a few people posting who do a 21cm proper. The cut is at its sexiest with the tapered hem. Embrace the skinny--why else are you paying $300+ for DH?

I have a somewhat retarded question.. after the creases set in on the stacking, is it possible to walk without having to pull them up? because i am constantly having to pull them up when i'm not wearing shoes.

Or could you put a bunch of liquid starch and freeze them in a certain position?

yes you could put a bunch of liquid starch and freeze them in that position :D

i did it with my canes, fucking undiluted starch on my canes lol

problem was...if you don't dilute it...you get this white shit on your jeans so i ended up giving it a soak to take out the starch

a 1:2 mix should be fine

o yeah this is what you do...

first you starch the legs (unworn hanged up)

wen its dry you wear em and pull them up so they are like at your calfs

then you pull it down and BAM, they stay like that:)

I am looking for the Dior Brut Jeans 'Made in Japan' 19cm

Colour: Indigo

Size: 32

I have already tried luisaviaroma, but they haven't got my size.

Anyone know another online store, that will ship to Europe.

Anyway thanks!

There's nothing wrong with buying/wearing the 21 cms...no need to get too hung up on having everything have to fit perfectly. If you like the design and the cut, go for it. It seems the 19 cm is more popular here because people like the tapered look, but the 21 cm still retains the key aspects of Dior's tailoring, just in a more relaxed cut for a different look.

When I was at the LA boutique last summer i talked to the SA's and they did notice a trend of everyone moving towards the 19 cm recently....back around votc it seemed like everyone was wearin the 21's. Then again the jeans were cut bigger back then too...

I am looking for the Dior Brut Jeans 'Made in Japan' 19cm

Colour: Indigo

Size: 32

I have already tried luisaviaroma, but they haven't got my size.

Anyone know another online store, that will ship to Europe.

Anyway thanks!

try www.brownsfashion.com

There's nothing wrong with buying/wearing the 21 cms...no need to get too hung up on having everything have to fit perfectly. If you like the design and the cut, go for it. It seems the 19 cm is more popular here because people like the tapered look, but the 21 cm still retains the key aspects of Dior's tailoring, just in a more relaxed cut for a different look.

I agree, its not like 21cm's would be that much more like a standard jean. they still have a signature fit to them in my opinion.

what goes for the height discussion, I think 19's can be a bigger issue for taller people. I'm 6' with very long legs and anything skinnier than the japanese 21's looks very weird on me. also if you have a slightly bigger upper body it can also make the tapered 19's look a bit funny. if you look at my or kixslf's pictures you'll see what I mean, in my opinion our 21's look pretty slim actually.

yeah my 21 jap indigo raws are pretty slim on me...the 19 cms i have from various seasons are different. The follow me black painted blue 19 cm fits more like a 21 cm of today, the votc charcoal painted cords are slim in the legs but cut a lot bigger in the waist, and the f/w 06-07 dust wash are what i think SF would consider a true 19 cm fit, and they're practically skin tight on me because i'm so tall. Yet i've seen some wear 19 cms on here (such as Chard) and they don't really look like a tight jean.

Also for the broken twill overdye models, i think the 21 cm looks better...especially when you wear em for a long time, letting the fabric stretch out because of the weave and it becomes a extra-slouchy dior signature look of that time. Look back at the pic of Hedi at the Tokyo DH store opening...his orange overdyes have a saggy ass that even Julian Red can't match.

yeah my 21 jap indigo raws are pretty slim on me...the 19 cms i have from various seasons are different. The follow me black painted blue 19 cm fits more like a 21 cm of today, the votc charcoal painted cords are slim in the legs but cut a lot bigger in the waist, and the f/w 06-07 dust wash are what i think SF would consider a true 19 cm fit, and they're practically skin tight on me because i'm so tall. Yet i've seen some wear 19 cms on here (such as Chard) and they don't really look like a tight jean.

yea exactly.

example: my 21cm's vs sXXXe's 19's vs kixslf's 21's

i've tried on both the 21 and the 19cm jeans and ended up buying the 21's.

compared to most on the board here i'm a big guy (eu 52) and the 19's just looked funny against my broad frame. the 21's fit perfect and are slim without making me look unbalanced.

do the diors look good on ppl with waist size 32-33?

Certainly do. If by chance you want a pair of sz32 19cm Raw indigos, I'm going to Saks and Dior tomorrow, so I can pick up a pair for you, either Made in Japan ($321 after tax, plus shipping) or Made in Italy $261 after tax, plus shipping). We could work something out :)