Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

its weird how it v's out at your knees. i dont know if it your legs or your stance, but it just looks weird. i think you should have gone with 19cms.

BIG ditto on that! It may be the way you're standing but they almost look like boot cuts on you. They don't look terrible, just that I would never believe those were classic skinny Diors if you hadn't told me

its weird how it v's out at your knees. i dont know if it your legs or your stance, but it just looks weird. i think you should have gone with 19cms.

This is due to stretching at the knees. It's quite normal and happens frequently, especially when they've been worn extensively for a long time.

you can see that the jeans don't have that flared effect in this one, it's just the way they were positioned in the first.

NOW give me your opinions :D

yea they look normal here and it also could've been the angle, you had the camera at a pretty low level so its not the level a person would be naturally looking from. if you want a more realistic angle, take a picture from the mirror or place the camera higher.

jax, how tall are you? your legs must be insanely long? You're wearing something with a 36" inseam and you only get like 1 or 2 stacks?!?! From the first set of pics, it just looks like you're knock-kneed, not much you can do about that, and it corrects itself when you walk... they do look kinda like bootcuts though, probably because they're 21cm and not 19cm. You might do ok by tapering them in so they hug your calves a bit, if you can that without losing inseam... Right now they just look like a plain of jeans to be honest, they don't give off that Dior vibe that you normally get...

Which brings me to my point, which is that the ultimate effect of the whole Dior fit/skinny stacking is to visually lengthen the legs, to give that wispy long leg look when you walk as opposed to legs kicking around inside baggy/straight leg jeans without the visual illusion of break/stack/shadowing. The seat fit is part of it as it's hard to find skinny jeans with a high enough rise like Diors, but really I feel the inseam stacking is the real effect...

BIG ditto on that! It may be the way you're standing but they almost look like boot cuts on you. They don't look terrible, just that I would never believe those were classic skinny Diors if you hadn't told me

if you look at his stance he's bow legged (knees bend in when relaxed) that's why they look weird

jax, how tall are you? your legs must be insanely long? You're wearing something with a 36" inseam and you only get like 1 or 2 stacks?!?! From the first set of pics, it just looks like you're knock-kneed, not much you can do about that, and it corrects itself when you walk... they do look kinda like bootcuts though, probably because they're 21cm and not 19cm. You might do ok by tapering them in so they hug your calves a bit, if you can that without losing inseam... Right now they just look like a plain of jeans to be honest, they don't give off that Dior vibe that you normally get...

Which brings me to my point, which is that the ultimate effect of the whole Dior fit/skinny stacking is to visually lengthen the legs, to give that wispy long leg look when you walk as opposed to legs kicking around inside baggy/straight leg jeans without the visual illusion of break/stack/shadowing. The seat fit is part of it as it's hard to find skinny jeans with a high enough rise like Diors, but really I feel the inseam stacking is the real effect...

yep, pretty insanely tall haha about 6'3'' ish and it's all in my legs unfortunately for me.

I was thinking of getting them tapered in but haven't really had the money for it yet.

I know a great place to do it, and they probably woulnd't take away too much from the inseam so I'll look into it, I don't really have the money to do it right now though, so I guess I'll wait it out.

Like I said, the bad effect is mostly in that first set of pictures, I think they look good in the second one I posted.

UNFORTUNATELY I broke my foot two days ago and now have it in a big ass boot, so who knows how much denim I'll get to wear while in it :(

I disagree. While the bunching up is part of it, Dior's jean differentiates itself from the seat primarily rather than the inseam. It's an "high rise resistant jean" if there ever was such a thing, which is why when i see people wear them really high it ruins the whole look for me. The waists are cut big from their usual size, and the whole seat area slouches so it's not like a typical skinny jean that hugs the figure so perfectly.

Also in the legs, that long leg look you speak of works in the 19 cm and below cuts if you are very thin and also tall (at least 6 ft); a lot of people here wear 19 cms, and not sized up either, but perhaps because of their height and build that slimming down effect doesn't happen and it looks like any other jean. No real reason there to buy Diors IMHO.

The 21 cm is relaxed in the legs, but in a way that looks best on slim people. I think CMF once used the term "loose fitted" which sums it up nicely. It's no longer on the website, but I think the kind of fit that the Jeans model on the DH site had with the bleu clair lacquered is a good example of this working well.

yep

wore them for about three months straight

got kinda over them for about a few months (wearing them time from time) got a new job and they became my work pants and i just realized how nice theyve become from work

think i just might retire them

i posted a link in evolutions thread of my photobucket with more pics of them

yep

wore them for about three months straight

got kinda over them for about a few months (wearing them time from time) got a new job and they became my work pants and i just realized how nice theyve become from work

think i just might retire them

i posted a link in evolutions thread of my photobucket with more pics of them

what kinda job was this at?

Also, are those Italian or Japanese? Based on those pics I'd guess Italian...tragicbliss posted a pair of his worn Italians and they look like that in terms of the color. It seems the way the Japanese and Italian retain their indigo comes out with different results, and I have to say while the Japanese may be of higher quality, I'm liking the Italians more in the long run :cool:

they kinda resemble the Italian made orange overdyes...

It's too hard to tell with this picture. The fit in your first pictures were god-awful (sorry, everyone else was being way too nice). This looks better but I can't make an overall judgment until you post some better and wider angles.

I didn't have time to take a new picture today (broke my foot skating last night so I wasn't exactly wearing jeans :()

but here's a picture I took two days ago.

2uqeyoi.jpg

you can see that the jeans don't have that flared effect in this one, it's just the way they were positioned in the first.

NOW give me your opinions :D

ALRIGHT!!!!

I'm taking down the other three and just posting these two (too much Photobucket bandwith use)

and THEN you guys can pass final judgement on wether I should get them tapered in or not.

n10737180_33048044_8293.jpg

here's worn tighter.

n10737180_33099633_7033.jpg

and here's worn looser.

OKAY.

Yes. Taper them 2 inches. You're tall/skinny enough to do it and look good. Also, when wearing small shoes like chucks, they look too baggy at the bottom. Jeans with too wide a hem look stupid stacked.

I really want to pick up a pair of these, but I'm not sure about which cut to go with. I wear a 33 in Slim Jims and they fit perfectly through the thigh (I have big legs), but they also need to be tapered because they flare a little bit. Suggestions?

I have a somewhat retarded question.. after the creases set in on the stacking, is it possible to walk without having to pull them up? because i am constantly having to pull them up when i'm not wearing shoes.

Or could you put a bunch of liquid starch and freeze them in a certain position?