Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Depending on the belt I wear...

Belt I shrank out of - REAL low... Sometimes mid crack low... Constantly pulling them up to mid hip level.

Belt I just bought - Up top until it slowly slouches on its on.

Thats how I believe Diors "should" be worn...

Worn until they slouch on their on and let them be. Cuz thats truly contouring to your body...

how do jeans slouch on their own?

guys need help over here, theres the new batch of raw denims from FW07 out on diabro already, however they now got 2 versions of MIJ raws. Bout the same price, but hem wise, its a bit different. Anyone know which ones are the 19cm MIJ ones?

Heres the link:

DIOR HOMME

2007/08 Autumn Winter

Crash Black Straight Jeans

[7H3110530184 900]

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/193_336/products_id/8148

And the other one:

2007/08 Autumn Winter

One Wash Straight Jeans (Black)

[7H3110550184 900]

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/193_336/products_id/8147

:)

I can't believe what a mess Diabro is

Ok, here's what is confusing: Diabro now has MII and MIJ raws in indigo and black, as well as both of the new selvedge editions of black and indigo raws. The

DIOR HOMME

2007/08 Autumn Winter

[7H3110530184 900],

these are the MIJ Raw Black's, such as the ones posted on the last page

These: DIOR HOMME

2007/08 Autumn Winter

[7H3110550184 900]

are the new selvedge black ones.

The pictures terrible portray their true look though, and if you go back a few I'm sure ( might have been in Recent Purchases thread? ) TheGrapist posted a picture of his new Selvedge MIJ Raw Blacks.

The latter of the two jeans has a shine in the sun too, hence many on here have recently said "waxed raw", but really it's just a different look to distinguish selvedge vs. non-selvedge

So really what you are seeing on Diabro now is a wider selection of same styles made in different places. See how they have the 'Used' model and an exact look-alike labeled "Excoriation" ? Well this is Diabro's bastardly method of distinguishing between the 19 and 21cm cuts on this jean.

Hopefully I was of service. :)

Can anyone with a pair of 19cm in a 30 tell me the stretched measurements? (Preferrably after at least a couple months of wear). I posted a while ago regarding the weird fit and extreme stretching of mine (size 31, 35.5" waist now), but since then I did a hot soak and they shrunk down to 33.5-34", and the fit was perfect. Of course they've stretched back out again, and currently look like this:

DiorsFront.jpg

DiorsBack.jpg

The basic response I've gotten is that sizing down wouldn't help, but it seems to me the problem is just an excess of material around the upper thigh in the back:

DiorsFlare.jpg

I have really skinny thighs and hips, no ass whatsoever, so I understand what's causing that (I've had trouble with almost every brand / model I've ever tried, only Bootcut Olas fit perfectly through the thigh, though the rest of the cut didn't really work for me). Either way, as I said these 19cm fit perfectly when the waist is around 34", so I'd be interested to hear some post-stretch measurements on other people's 30s and 31s.

In fact, it would probably save everyone a lot of headaches to compile some sort of pre/post-stretch measurement list, it seems like people get some fairly different results in the same sizes.

Can anyone with a pair of 19cm in a 30 tell me the stretched measurements? (Preferrably after at least a couple months of wear). I posted a while ago regarding the weird fit and extreme stretching of mine (size 31, 35.5" waist now), but since then I did a hot soak and they shrunk down to 33.5-34", and the fit was perfect. Of course they've stretched back out again, and currently look like this:

DiorsFront.jpg

DiorsBack.jpg

The basic response I've gotten is that sizing down wouldn't help, but it seems to me the problem is just an excess of material around the upper thigh in the back:

DiorsFlare.jpg

I have really skinny thighs and hips, no ass whatsoever, so I understand what's causing that (I've had trouble with almost every brand / model I've ever tried, only Bootcut Olas fit perfectly through the thigh, though the rest of the cut didn't really work for me). Either way, as I said these 19cm fit perfectly when the waist is around 34", so I'd be interested to hear some post-stretch measurements on other people's 30s and 31s.

In fact, it would probably save everyone a lot of headaches to compile some sort of pre/post-stretch measurement list, it seems like people get some fairly different results in the same sizes.

They stretch to your size

Not everyone's body is the same

Therefore, if a true waist 32 buys 30 and a true waist 33 buys a 30, how are "the stretched measurements" going to be the same? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

They stretch to your size

Not everyone's body is the same

Therefore, if a true waist 32 buys 30 and a true waist 33 buys a 30, how are "the stretched measurements" going to be the same? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The idea that they "stretch to your size" is completely specious reasoning. Denim is a fabric, and like all fabrics, it can only stretch so far. By your logic, I could buy these in a 26 and they would eventually stretch out to nearly 7" larger than they started.

The problem is that since they are a relatively higher-rise cut, as well as one that stretches so much, the waist on a pair of 19cm will not sit at your waist for very long, the rise itself will bunch up and shrink in perceived height, and thus the waist measurement will eventually have little correlation to your true waist size. While there is certainly a little room for variance, it makes no sense to suggest that any size you buy will automatically "stretch to your size." If I recall, these 31s started out with a 33" waist, and ended with about 35.5". I would estimate that it's physically impossible for a pair of 30s to do the same. I'm just curious how far they do stretch, generally speaking.

posting this quick in case it might just help someone out..

just got my 27s from the HK Dior boutique, i am 5'10 and 120-125llbs, size 27 is a perfect or near perfect fit to me.

-top clasp could be buttoned up with just a little tiny tug on my part at waist and can be wriggled towards hips.

-thighs and back of knees are a comfortable snug fit: NOT SKINTIGHT.

-for reference, i had returned a size 28 (way way too baggy), logic now tells me 26 would have been way too small.

will post pics up once cam gets back from repair hope that helped

I can't believe what a mess Diabro is

Ok, here's what is confusing: Diabro now has MII and MIJ raws in indigo and black, as well as both of the new selvedge editions of black and indigo raws. The

DIOR HOMME

2007/08 Autumn Winter

[7H3110530184 900],

these are the MIJ Raw Black's, such as the ones posted on the last page

These: DIOR HOMME

2007/08 Autumn Winter

[7H3110550184 900

just wondering, are these the same fit as all previous 19cm dior jeans? the pictures on the site look like different fitted. not as much stacking as most nice fitted diors look.

Guest moss1310

I love the grey waxed 21 cm posted here!!! Can't get them from e-luxury in the states though and the Dior online sites for France and UK don't ship to US. Anyone have any idea how to get them in the states?

I love the grey waxed 21 cm posted here!!! Can't get them from e-luxury in the states though and the Dior online sites for France and UK don't ship to US. Anyone have any idea how to get them in the states?

If you're a size 28 I have a pair.

DiorsFront.jpg

DiorsBack.jpg

DiorsFlare.jpg

im confused, is the picture on the right column a tighter size than the left? the left doesnt suffer the bulge so much as the right. in any case, it may have something to do with the way your hips are shaped. i also have the same problem but i decided not to sacrafice slimness for weird bulges. I find it when i pull up my back pockets, the hip bulge goes away. but comes right back when i let go of them. try wearing them lower.

whats that current size you are wearing? you can try sizing up.

btw, whats your height, weight and thigh measurement? that might help.

SWB. Jeans stretch all over, from the thighs to the ass to the waist. These stretches are all based on your body moving the denim around from your day to day actions. Your example of you buying a size 26 and it strecthing 7 inches is completely stupid, because you couldn't get those size 26's around your waist anyways. Now, you took me too far, I never implied a size 26 would stretch to Shaq's size if he wore it enough, because there isn't enough fabric on the jean for that to happen. But for you to say jeans don't stretch differently according to body types is completely foolish. I wear the same size in Dior Homme as a lot of people around here and on their WAYWT all of our jeans have stretched differently becasue we aren't all mannequins of eachother.

And if you're curious how far 30's would stretch, just use yourself as an example. If a 33" waist went to 35.5", considering a size 30's waist is 31.88 inches so, 32 inches, it would probably stretch out to 34.5 / 35 because you clearly wear them in an area that stretches them out to that size. Going down to a 29 would be overkill because then the ass would become saggy as the jeans grip your legs like some girl you'd see on Hypebeast.

As I said, there's a little room for variance, but obviously sizing even one down would almost certainly have different end results. 34.5 would be a fantastic fit comparatively to my current pair. Also, it doesn't make sense to imply that my body shape is responsible for their current fit, because I literally have NO ass whatsoever, and fairly slim hips, yet that is apparently where they are loosest.

im confused, is the picture on the right column a tighter size than the left? the left doesnt suffer the bulge so much as the right. in any case, it may have something to do with the way your hips are shaped. i also have the same problem but i decided not to sacrafice slimness for weird bulges. I find it when i pull up my back pockets, the hip bulge goes away. but comes right back when i let go of them. try wearing them lower.

whats that current size you are wearing? you can try sizing up.

btw, whats your height, weight and thigh measurement? that might help.

No the picture on the right is the same size, Just a different pose essentially. I did that to illustrate specifically the weird hip buldge, which just makes no sense to me considering these are supposed to be such a slim fit (I've seen that bulge on at least 75% of people's 19cms though, regardless of fit). It's funny, people keep saying to "wear them lower", but they are literally a millimeter away from falling off my hips at that current height. Pulling them up does help slightly, but there still just seems to be some weird excess of fabric around the upper thigh/below the back pockets.

I'm 6' 2", about 160, with a 20.5" thigh measurement. Currently wearing size 31. Sizing up is exactly the opposite of what I need, though. Like I said, after hot-soaking these for an hour, the fit was PERFECT, with about a 34" waist measurement.

Ok, I really can't take this anymore.

It was obviously your fucking body that made your jeans become how they are. It isn't like anything else was stressing them from the inside in certain areas. To say your body isn't responsible for the jeans becoming loose in certain areas is completely absurd and bumfuck retarded. Anyone with an ounce of logic knows that your body is what stretches the jeans not Jedis playing tricks on you. And by the way if you still disagree with me resign from the forum

If you bothered actually reading my original post, my intention was to determine whether sizing down again would alleviate the looseness problem. By comparing post-stretch measurements from someone with a pair one size down from mine, I could've arrived at a fairly logical conclusion (if not scientifically precise). The jeans seeming loose in certain areas is just as easily attributable to their cut as to stretching, so the "your body did it" answer is not remotely helpful.

But yeah, "Jedi tricks," definitely.

If you bothered actually reading my original post, my intention was to determine whether sizing down again would alleviate the looseness problem. By comparing post-stretch measurements from someone with a pair one size down from mine, I could've arrived at a fairly logical conclusion (if not scientifically precise). The jeans seeming loose in certain areas is just as easily attributable to their cut as to stretching, so the "your body did it" answer is not remotely helpful.

But yeah, "Jedi tricks," definitely.

why dont you just keep doing hot soaks if it bothers you so much? who the fuck cares they are just jeans. and if you cant afford to do so, dont wear diors.

This thread needs to be closed and a new "Dior-FAQ" thread needs to be created with the most popular questions and answers and then locked so no one can ask any questions.

One thread, one post, the end.

lol while your at that..might as well make one for apc's too :P

This thread needs to be closed and a new "Dior-FAQ" thread needs to be created with the most popular questions and answers and then locked so no one can ask any questions.

One thread, one post, the end.

I've said this before (or at least thought of saying this before). I'm fairly certain that I can write up a post with more than enough information considering all off the measuring I've taken of all of the sizes, cuts, and countries of origin that Dior Homme has.

Of course, I put that in the first post of my thread in SuperMarket, and that doesn't stop people from asking the same questions anyway.

I'm sure if you composed one giant post that answers just about every question that has been asked on this thread since page one ( Obviously not the personals ) and it was rather in-depth, one of the moderators would be glad to allow you to post it and then they lock it. I agree, this should be done ( even though i contribute to the chatter =X )

Ok, here it goes.

Which jeans are the raw jeans? The Nostalgy or the Brut?

They're both raw, Brut is french for raw or dry or who cares. LVR named the MIJ one, and the MII another name. Don't know why.

Ok, then which one is the MIJ one?

The more expensive of the two.

What does MII and MIJ mean?

Made in Italy and Made in Japan respectively. MIJ ones are better. They're slimmer and they stretch less. If you need to know why else MIJ is better than MII, I'd urge you took look around SuperTalk some more before considering buying $300+ jeans.

Do Dior Homme jeans come in (insert inseam under 37" here)?

No. All raws are 37 to 38" in inseam. Most people let them bunch or stack around the ankles, especially with the 19cm model. If you want them shorter, by all means hem them. Dior Homme cords, "soft jeans" (ie: Beige jeans, grey jeans, all of the jeans using a softer cotton), etc, have inseams from 37" to 40" (the larger the waist, the closer to 40". Again, you can hem them. It isn't illegal).

What does 19cm and 21cm mean?

They refer to the measurement of the hem of the jeans when laid flat, at a certain size (more on that later). The 19cm jean is the tapered model, and the 21cm jean is more of a straight leg. There is also a 17cm model, but I've never seen them in the US.

How does the sizing work?

The waist when laid flat measures half the tag size plus one. Meaning a 28 is 15" (28/2 + 1). A 30 measures 16", a 31 is 16.5", and so on.

The jeans will stretch about an inch. (The official advice from Dior Homme (the NYC store/ US Flagship at least) is to get the jeans that are tight in the waist when you try them on.)

Also keep in mind that these jeans have a low rise. If your TRUE waist is a 30, (and I mean waist, not at or just above your hips, where you will wear the jeans), and the are at or right above the hips are like 34", don't be surprised that when you buy a 27 or a 28 and they're way too tight.

Finally, the hem measurements. For Raw MIJ, the hems work like this:

19cm: A size 32 measures 19cm. a 31 measures 18.5cm, a 30 is 18cm, a 33 is 19.5cm. You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

For a MIJ 21cm, add 2cm to the measurement for the MIJ 19cm raw.

For MIJ washed, subtract 1cm from the raw size in the cut you're after.

For MII jeans, add 1cm to the size for the equivalent MIJ size/style/cut.

Also, one more:

What sizes are DH jeans/pants available in?

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, and I've seen a 38 once.

Yes, I just said that they make 26's. But they do not sell them in the US. Or in most of Europe. Or anywhere outside of Japan.

Ok, I really can't take this anymore.

It was obviously your fucking body that made your jeans become how they are. It isn't like anything else was stressing them from the inside in certain areas. To say your body isn't responsible for the jeans becoming loose in certain areas is completely absurd and bumfuck retarded. Anyone with an ounce of logic knows that your body is what stretches the jeans not Jedis playing tricks on you. And by the way if you still disagree with me resign from the forum

I'm 6'0" .. 29" waist .... someone give me their Diors.. please :o

i was thinking about buying a pair....but, there are too many things to take into consideration when choosing your size and how it fits on you and whatnot.

Assuming that you have a pair of low-mid rise jeans, take some measuring tape, and measure the waist of the jeans when laid flat. And the hem too if you'd like. Read the post I made on this page and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Also, you should take your pants off first. And you should probably be at home, in your own room.

still looking for somewhere tghat sells the 21" waxed grey. anyone know???

They were a S/S '07 jean. Dior Homme sold out over a month ago, and they were the only store in the US that I know of that would carry a size 31 21cm for that (Saks carried them as well, but they only started carrying 31's and 33's this season)