Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Can I get some help with sizing?

I am interested in 21cm, as I think the 19cm are gonna be too skinny for me.

I am 5'6", 155lbs. I prefer a relaxed fit jean. My Iron Heart 634S are a size 31, and my Sugar Cane Okinawa (One Wash) are a size 32.

Post pics... but I bet he just hemmed them and doesn't want to admit it.

Still, I don't get why people try to save $100 or whatever to get fakes, instead of just buying the jeans off of The Grapist or ordering directly from Dior store. There's so many legit methods to get the jeans, that it just blows my mind how anyone could buy a fake.

As well as this 105 page thread which could've confirmed all your suspicions before you bought them...

Still, I don't get why people try to save $100 or whatever to get fakes, instead of just buying the jeans off of The Grapist or ordering directly from Dior store. There's so many legit methods to get the jeans, that it just blows my mind how anyone could buy a fake.

speaking of legit methods....

thanks to an eluxury and/or dior fuck-up, i have a bunch of mij 19cms that i got for the mii price; they're up in supermarket at $305 shipped, 10% less than what our resident dior pimp charges...

Post pics... but I bet he just hemmed them and doesn't want to admit it. As well as this 105 page thread which could've confirmed all your suspicions before you bought them...

Hey Tiranis, I knew they were probably hemmed, but didn't really care since they were a 32. When I tried them on they seemed really short so I measured them and they were actually 30".

UGH! After only two months of relatively light wear, the top clasp on my 19CM MIJ broke!

I absolutely love these jeans, but I can't believe something like this would happen so early! I have a pair of Nudies that I've biked 100+ miles in, and they're perfect!

--

Any tips/recommendations on what I should do? It's not that bad considering I wear a belt, but I'm afraid I might run into problems down the line.

areyouin:

Want to see them laid out or worn?

birdie:

Are washed models supposed to have smaller back pockets than raw models? I can't fit the same wallet I use in my raws into the whiskered washed pair I have.

Yes. raw vs. washed, of course. Just look at the thigh difference of either jean in the mirror!

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me with sizing. I wear a 34 Slim Jim, 34 JL Jays, 37'' natural waist and my thighs are 22'' at the biggest point (I play sports). I was wondering what size you think I should go (32?) and 19s or 21s? I really want to order a pair off Browns soon because my Nudies tore in the crotch from riding bikes around way too much. Thanks

Dear all Dior veterans, I need some URGENT help! I've been able to track down two pairs of Dior blue wax jeans.

One is from Luster blue wax claw mark in size 30 but they're 21cm model.

The other one is Luster reissue blue wax in size 31 and they're 19cm model.

My size in raw one is 29 in 19cm (stretch to perfectly fit).

Would you guys please suggest me which one should I pick?

Best regards.

If you don't mind the different cut, you should definitely get size 30, 31 will stretch out to be too big... or at least, imo. (I'm not responsible for you not liking them.)

Thank you for super quick reply! Do you own one of the DH wax jeans? I'm really on the fence right now. 19cm fit and bunch so nice but I've never tried on the 21cm, so I don't know how those would fit. :(

I heard DH wax jeans don't tend to stretch or loosen up at all because of the effect of wax coating. Anybody could confirm this????

Anybody know whether the 21cm one could stack up like this???

6cb31ls3.jpg

Well, here's a good way to decide: measure your stretched raws, if they're 33 or 34 and they're not falling off of you then you'll be fine with the size 31, but otherwise, I can't really imagine.

I mean, you have to keep in mind that 31 = 33" and they will most likely stretch at least a bit... You also have to keep in mind that these will be exactly 19cm (or 18.5cm) at hem, while 29s are 17cm hem.

brut = made in japan

nostalgy = made in italy

correct me if i'm wrong, though.

I think certain websites just refer to it as Brut or Nostalgy..it doesnt really refer to where they are made because the Brut on Eluxury is 240 and thats the price of the italian made jeans. The MIJ are 295 or so. Brut means "dry". I think you could refer to both as brut...or one or the other

But the my friend Matt at Dior in LV has no clue as to where the names came from (their not reffered by those at Dior according to him)

I think certain websites just refer to it as Brut or Nostalgy..it doesnt really refer to where they are made because the Brut on Eluxury is 240 and thats the price of the italian made jeans. The MIJ are 295 or so. Brut means "dry". I think you could refer to both as brut...or one or the other

But the my friend Matt at Dior in LV has no clue as to where the names came from (their not reffered by those at Dior according to him)

they are 240 on the LVR website to everywhere except europe because it excludes Custom charges, which you will pay as soon as the jeans enter your country.

Brut is indeed MIJ and Nostalgy is MII, ordered a brut pair from there and they are Made in Japan.

they are 240 on the LVR website to everywhere except europe because it excludes Custom charges, which you will pay as soon as the jeans enter your country.

Brut is indeed MIJ and Nostalgy is MII, ordered a brut pair from there and they are Made in Japan.

thats just the website

Brut just means dry

on eluxury Brut are 240 dollars and MII

on LVR the Brut are 240 euros which is about 300 dollars

and 200 Euros for the Nostalggy which is about 260 dollars

and i know that includes vat but prices might be slightly cheaper in Italy?

they arent called brut and nostalgy at the Dior Homme store

and the fact that MII are called Brut on eluxury (see here: http://eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10973260&SectionID=7000) means that Brut and Nostalgy actually have no basis from Dior themselves and are just names given to the different jeans by the website themselves such as on LVR

i thought you were talking in dollars here.

no, 240 euros is not the price of italian made ones, 200 euros is the price of italian made diors.

also, brut doesn't mean dry, brut means raw.

i see where you are going with the names, but in LVR, they tell apart the place where they are made with the name Brut and Nostalgy, that was the only thing i was saying.i understand that maybe dior doesn't use these names, but in LVR they do have some meaning.

i thought you were talking in dollars here.

no, 240 euros is not the price of italian made ones, 200 euros is the price of italian made diors.

also, brut doesn't mean dry, brut means raw.

i see where you are going with the names, but in LVR, they tell apart the place where they are made with the name Brut and Nostalgy, that was the only thing i was saying.i understand that maybe dior doesn't use these names, but in LVR they do have some meaning.

I said Nostalgy are 200 Euros on LVR. They are the MII

In English, Brut means dry or very dry (Dry jeans are the same as raw jeans, so I know where you are coming from). I understand that LVR uses those terms for the jeans but eluxury uses brut for MII and a lot of other places (including dior) have no idea what those words are reffering to. Most people dont buy their jeans on LVR..

but anwyas...

Just got my MIJ 19cm black RAWs. Sz30. I'm a 31 waist. The waist fits fine, there's even some slack. HOWEVER I can't pull them past my thighs completely. therefore i'm afraid if I do the splits (not that I even can, but *if*) they'll rip at the crotch. Between my crotch and the jean's crotch, there's a couple inches. I wonder if they'll stretch in the thighs (the only place that is tight for now) so I can pull them up further. Wondering if I should rock them tonight... feel kinda weird having such suction on the tighs lmao.

Well, here's a good way to decide: measure your stretched raws, if they're 33 or 34 and they're not falling off of you then you'll be fine with the size 31, but otherwise, I can't really imagine.

I mean, you have to keep in mind that 31 = 33" and they will most likely stretch at least a bit... You also have to keep in mind that these will be exactly 19cm (or 18.5cm) at hem, while 29s are 17cm hem.

Thanks a bunch for your help Tiranis! I guess my search for DH blue wax has to be continued. :(