MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Great suspenders, eltopo. I have been meaning to make some for myself, but the MF suspenders are so nice...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I LOVE LFC

Pictures are great.

Nice suspender, but they don't really look like they are holding anything up?

They are all over the place in that first pic.

You really think people wear MF suspenders to hold their pants up?

pictures are top notch as you always take them.

the suspenders though look really thick. Like lumberjack style and not really vintage holding your pants up style...

You really think people wear MF suspenders to hold their pants up?
the suspenders though look really thick. Like lumberjack style and not really vintage holding your pants up style...

Come on guys. I mean.. you do see it, right? That it's a bit weird to wear suspenders without them actually holding anything up?

In the first picture they are even flapping out.

That's probably because they are denim, not elastic. They aren't going to be snug to his body unless he's standing up straight.

That's probably because they are denim, not elastic. They aren't going to be snug to his body unless he's standing up straight.

That's probably a good point.

Also i figure it's like wearing a belt without needing it, so i retract my rant.

More to the point... holy crap, eltopo - those jeans look terrific! Which are they? And how old?

They're the LVC INdigo Immortal, from around 2003, the 1901 501 model, distressed by Bart Sights in Kentucky. Along with the original Nevada repros, from 2001 or so, these are some of the best distressed jeans from LVC, or anyone for that matter. Apparently some of the new range is stunning, too - but expensive.

Edit: I just remembered those LVC are factory samples. I got them as part of my fee for helping arrange Levi's birthday bash in Berlin. They could well be slightly better than the produciton version. Eltopo got them from me, and helped pay off some of my debts from my honeymoon in Venice and the Isle of Skye, so it went to a good casue. thanks, eltopo.

The suspenders look great, too, Cory.

Starting from scratch on the rider dungarees.

P5120212.jpg

Took some evo pics of the vest.

Oct '09

P1010340.jpg

Today

P5120213.jpg

P5120218.jpg

P5120219.jpg

P5120220.jpg

As expected there's not much going on. I wear this quite often because the pockets come in handy. This has become one of my favorite Mister Freedom pieces

aw 10 mfsc you will see a wrangler style jeans with different backpocket options , again the bronco champ boots, a pea coat ,some naval /nautical stripe shirts some chambray shirts.. watch out!

I'm leaving this weekend for Tokyo for the MF F/W10 show, meeting Christophe out there..

I'm leaving this weekend for Tokyo for the MF F/W10 show, meeting Christophe out there..

Sounds like an awesome trip, hanging with Mr. Freedom in Tokyo! Not to get too off topic, but inquiring minds want to know: What else you got planned to do while you're in Japan Kiya? Meeting up with your other vendors like dry bones or Flat Head?

I'd be interested to see a double cuff - the raw edge could give a nice contrast to the rest of the dark colors in the fit.

--Markmont.

Thanks but I'm not sure I can cuff these. They aren't long at all. There's barely any break. Once I get a couple months of wear in, I'll probably see how they look with a cuff. A double may be pushing it though

^I think I am in the same boat as you, ThisSunday. After months of wear, I can barely manage rolling the cuff twice for a tiny double cuff.

Nice work on the vest. Mine's been getting a lot of use, but nothing yet. It's not exactly the easiest thing to fade, but I'm sure enjoying wearing it. I think two of the least popular MFSC pices- the signal vest and the shore jacket- are possibly my favorites.

^I think I am in the same boat as you, ThisSunday. After months of wear, I can barely manage rolling the cuff twice for a tiny double cuff.

Nice work on the vest. Mine's been getting a lot of use, but nothing yet. It's not exactly the easiest thing to fade, but I'm sure enjoying wearing it. I think two of the least popular MFSC pices- the signal vest and the shore jacket- are possibly my favorites.

One of the things I loved about the Naval Tailor line were that so many pieces were polarizing. The 7161 & 7163 jeans, the shore jacket & jeans are so unique. It takes a lot of confidence to pull them off and they all look much better with lots of wear.

Slowly but surely:

4613688554_8b6c5f77d2_o.jpg

4613688028_c810d2d646_o.jpg

4613687754_ce3b4acc8d_o.jpg

4613684782_121330a419_o.jpg

MF CPO

Roughly....2.5 - 3 months of wear, hard to remember

--Markmont.

Lookin good my man! I am still bummed I never got the CPO. I would definitely spring for it if I could find one in my size.