MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I gotta say is that when I saw those boots in person I really thought they were beautiful boots. The ones I saw had been worn around though. Not brand new. The price is pretty steep for me, but I know a couple of y'all are ballers and if they are within your price range fuckin do it and stop being little nancy boys. hahaha.

I hate having to type hahahah at the end of a statement when I am joking about something. I feel like such an e-geek.

I called and asked about sizing, and it looks ok. Chest on a M is 42.5" and L is 44.75". Length on a M is 25 and L is 26 (this is from the top of the shoulder, so add an inch or two for center back). Sleeves are short, though, at 30.5 for M and 32.5 for L (from center back collar to cuff). It's kind of the typical 3/4 sleeve fit on these tees. I just have to decide if my long skinny arms would work with them :) Katherine did say that they are very limited (only at J Crew) and super pre-shrunk. So, I might be able to stretch the arms!

My MF x St James shirt just showed up. I got a M and it's smaller than my size S Saint James Meridien II. Will post fit pics later on if anybody is curious

All I gotta say is that when I saw those boots in person I really thought they were beautiful boots. The ones I saw had been worn around though. Not brand new. The price is pretty steep for me, but I know a couple of y'all are ballers and if they are within your price range fuckin do it and stop being little nancy boys. hahaha.

I hate having to type hahahah at the end of a statement when I am joking about something. I feel like such an e-geek.

you saw those boots, and i did not.

i just say that based upon what i can see on available pics i wont buy them atm. seems pretty common sensefrom my point of view. thats not the point of being a baller ...

i bought enough stuff lately from MF to be pretty sure that quality is awesome. i am talking of desire, envy and appeal. those boots dont make me feel like having them anymore.

no point in spending 900 bucks for an unworn pair of boots because u dont like them. period.

and the jcrew pic is a pic pretty instructive on these boots i think imo.

you saw those boots, and i did not.

i just say that based upon what i can see on available pics i wont buy them atm. seems pretty common sensefrom my point of view. thats not the point of being a baller ...

i bought enough stuff lately from MF to be pretty sure that quality is awesome. i am talking of desire, envy and appeal. those boots dont make me feel like having them anymore.

no point in spending 900 bucks for an unworn pair of boots because u dont like them. period.

and the jcrew pic is a pic pretty instructive on these boots i think imo.

I was really only kidding. I couldn't see anyone paying $900 bucks for a pair of boots they were not 100% sure on.

Really, the bottom line is that these boots are WAY overpriced for what you get and definitely don't answer the mail in the looks department. One can get a better looking pair for a fraction of the price. I've got some boots coming in that I feel blow these out of the water. Will be unveiling them on my blog as soon as they come in.

Cheers!!

Edit: p.s.: Christophe should not have allowed JC to even publish such a horribly revealing photo - definitely works to the consumer's advantage, but I'm sure his boot sales will take a little hit.

I think over these past few months I have changed my mind about these boots.

I have not seen the boots in person, so I can't really make an informed opinion... But: The materials and construction look top-notch. Christophe could have made an engineer boot that looked exactly like vintage examples. Exact copies of Buco, Chippewa or whatever. The exact same look that Marineabilly and others really like.

With the "MF" name on the tag, he could still charge $900 + dollars for them.(custom last, quality leather, vintage cat's paw rubber heel, small production run).

But I think it's kinda cool that he changed the look of an average engineer boot a little. Higher strap, not so rounded toe.

I now think serious collectors of engineer boots should jump at the chance of buying these, just for the fact they are so unique, yet still offer the same quality and "feel" of true vintage boots.

I think they are really cool boots for sure but engineer boots are a little overkill for most these days and that's where $900 seems a little excessive. I can't imagine buying these(at full price) unless money isn't much of a concern for you or you were just committed to looking like you were in Brando's biker gang from the Wild Ones literally every day. I know a lot of people on this board go all in on a style. That's fine, but as for me I do like to mix things up quite a bit and $900 shoes don't afford a lot of other options for most working class people.

Anybody coming to the Self Edge x Superfuture party has a chance of winning a hat Christophe has made for the party.

Ten to give away, in-store only:

"Mister Freedom

MF Utility Caps - hand made at MFHQ and hand stanciled as well. Made from selvage indigo denim, NOS canvas and waxed oil cloth. Depression Era style workers cap with brim."

Party Info:

http://blog.selfedge.com/2010/04/self-edge-x-superfuture-004sfo.html

I paid over 900 for my Real McCoy Buco's and over 800 for my Toys McCoy Becks, but nothing in my brain housing group is telling me to buy the MF RC's. If Engineer boots looked like that when I bought my first pair almost twenty years ago, then I wouldn't be the collector that I am today.

Did SJ get implants??? Those are hue-normous !!! When I flew into Kuwait in 08, enroute to Iraq, she was there on a USO tour. Very Hot!!! ...and so was Kuwait.

I think they are really cool boots for sure but engineer boots are a little overkill for most these days and that's where $900 seems a little excessive. I can't imagine buying these(at full price) unless money isn't much of a concern for you or you were just committed to looking like you were in Brando's biker gang from the Wild Ones literally every day. I know a lot of people on this board go all in on a style. That's fine, but as for me I do like to mix things up quite a bit and $900 shoes don't afford a lot of other options for most working class people.

Frankly, I'm fed up with all these expensive boots. How much can the material and labor really be. I'm seriously considering my next pair of Engineer Boots to be a one-off with my vision (not to deviate much from the traditional look). If all works out, the price will be realistic and within the reach of us working class.

Not Scarlet but maybe this will change gears. Sorry for the blurry pic. This was a really quick pic I took the other day

P4270171.jpg

This is medium is anyone cares

now thats a cool one.... and a cool twist to the original too. ;)

(lets officially close the RoadChamp useless posts with this nice picture, until some sufuers load real boots pics. )

cant reap you thissunday but i will

The Mister Freedom site has finally been updated again. Two new entries. One for the Midnight Riders, which look great. Does anyone on here have them? The other new addition is a new denim tote. I like the look of the leather patch.

How much are those MF suspenders? Anybody have any pics?

The Mister Freedom site has finally been updated again. Two new entries. One for the Midnight Riders, which look great. Does anyone on here have them? The other new addition is a new denim tote. I like the look of the leather patch.

around 150

i do

mine and MF pic Katherine sent me

327596braces.jpg

998566MFsus.jpg