MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Eff the MF's I want to see more of the chippie.

:) she is a lovely beast isnt she, im looking forward to my partner getting his aerobatic skills up so he can show me what shes made of

Edited by tg76

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a chemise hirondelle. Love it but does anyone else find the placket tab placed a bit too high on the shirt? Your pants would have to be very high-waisted indeed to reach it. Do you think it would be a mistake to just snip it off?

I just got a chemise hirondelle. Love it but does anyone else find the placket tab placed a bit too high on the shirt? Your pants would have to be very high-waisted indeed to reach it. Do you think it would be a mistake to just snip it off?

Look at my pic above to see the tab in use. No need to cut it off. When not in use you can button it above.

Thanks, thissunday. I've been browsing through these pages and love all your pictures. Very cool!

I considered buttoning the tab to the last button on the placket, but the tab's length isn't quite right for that—it makes the lower part of the shirt kind of ride up. Oh well, I'll probably just leave the tab as is. It's an interesting look. I just wish it had been placed a little lower to make it really functional; just one more button on the placket would have moved it to the right place for most trouser waists.

Edited by ardis

Thanks, thissunday. I've been browsing through these pages and love all your pictures. Very cool!

I considered buttoning the tab to the last button on the placket, but the tab's length isn't quite right for that—it makes the lower part of the shirt kind of ride up. Oh well, I'll probably just leave the tab as is. It's an interesting look. I just wish it had been placed a little lower to make it really functional; just one more button on the placket would have moved it to the right place for most trouser waists.

Thanks. I've always thought the tab was the perfect length to fold up when not in use. The tab is very functional when matched with "work wear" pants or pants inspired by the early-mid 20th century. You'll have to wear higher rise pants, if not you'll end up looking like the Self edge model in that chemise calico fit pic from last year. Your pants shouldn't have to be too high though. I'm wearing Left Field Chinos in the pic above. The pics below show that the tab looks fine folded up.

IMG_20120718_173345.jpg

IMG_20120601_165146.jpg

IMG_20120523_130211.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Cool. The folded-up trick works nicely on your chemise fantasie. I agree with you about the dangling look. Looks like the shirt has its own genitalia.

Edited by ardis

i want to ask something guys,

almost mister freedom shirt and coat has chinstrap, so what does the real function / maybe histor of chinstrap beside it give a vintage look ?

it's an insurance policy. it makes sures that everything stays fastened.

just it ?

to my knowledge, yes. lot's of old peacoat designs have them as so many flight jackets. i mean, the more i think about it, it's possible that i'm wrong considering that these are shirts, but it's at least a lead!

Looks great on you man.

can I ask advice on the denim ranch blouse from y'all ?

I believe the sizing is all over the place. I am xl in my Gunslinger jumper and paletot diable, what size should I go for the blouse ?

Edited by Thor

aries- that's my favorite shirt of all time, and first MF piece. Mine doesn't get nearly enough wear...

aries- that's my favorite shirt of all time, and first MF piece. Mine doesn't get nearly enough wear...

I agree, I've got quite a few MF pieces (and have owned many more over the years) but goddamn this is a lovely shirt.

Regarding front placket buttoning tab and the extended collar stand:

- usually there would be an additional button on the inside of your pants right at the center front (fly front opening), buttoning the that tab to the center front would fix the shirt in perfect alignment to your pant (provided that the postion of the tab and the way your wear your pants - on the waist and not on the hips - are matching your actual body measurements). At least that the function in old formal menswear...

- an extended collar stand will make sure that the appearance of a buttoned-up, closed collar gives a nice rounded neckline and is centered. It is also a bit easier to assemble in production as you don't need to allign the collar stand end to the front placket edge...