MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snap from today after shooting some product shots for Homage. First Run deck jacket waxed.

[/img]

I'm home the holidays and really want to do this to mine. I saw your video clip, but can you give me the details on what wax you used? I suppose I should know this seeing as I've sold so many at Self Edge, but I'm down for a project/bitch experience

My Californians, TTS 32 - you can see why I wonder if these will shrink down enough for me...

If you went TTS you should find that the waist fits yours perfectly after a soak. The legs might be wider, but that's just their tube-ishness, no? If you're still concerned try a hot rinse, as these don't seem to lose much indigo; likely owing to the DS denim's age.

I'm home the holidays and really want to do this to mine. I saw your video clip, but can you give me the details on what wax you used? I suppose I should know this seeing as I've sold so many at Self Edge, but I'm down for a project/bitch experience

Hey Derek,

I used the Barbour Thornproof dressing that I bought from Orvis.

Hope this helps. I think the Belstaff wax is the same.

CP

xchen - this...

If those do not fit nicely raw. I would go down in size. My pair fit great raw. And I think I could have gone down one. I hot soaked twice. But they stretch a fair amount. Good luck.

Eltopo - great pic (as usual ;) ). Now where can I find corduroy pants in this shade? :)

1ed747cb-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, they feel like the waist will be perfect when I finally decide to soak them, but those legs are waaaaaay more roomy than I am used too. I've been sitting on these already for about 3 months or so, so I don't really have any plans to return at this point, just going to wear them like they are.

I need to keep going with my Roys and Eternals first though, might try to get to these by summer of 2011 or 2012.

Don't get me wrong, they feel like the waist will be perfect when I finally decide to soak them, but those legs are waaaaaay more roomy than I am used too. I've been sitting on these already for about 3 months or so, so I don't really have any plans to return at this point, just going to wear them like they are.

I need to keep going with my Roys and Eternals first though, might try to get to these by summer of 2011 or 2012.

roomy is the word. indeed.

if the waist is good then go for it.

but as almost everyone i could have gone one under.... and like you i went TTS;

Oh, hello!

mfscmidpcoat1sm.jpg

It arrived today, and I must say, it's another work of art from Christophe. Thanks to kiya for the spot-on sizing advice. I ordered a 38, same as my Liberty Issue, and they both fit exactly the same pre-soak. The amazing thing is, with the 16oz midnight twill, it weighs as much as, if not more than, my Liberty issue with its 14oz Oki denim and wool lining.

The buttons are an improvement this time around. They seem to be molded (giving them a true vintage look) rather than machine etched like the others. There are all kinds of little surprises, like double selvage pockets. White selvage for the 16oz midnight twill, and royal blue selvage for the 10oz midnight twill (CPO fabric) used in pocket flaps and lining of the opening. Same thing for the hand warmer pockets.

mfscmidpcoat2sm.jpg

Don't expect any more photos before Christmas! I'm holding onto it and putting it under the tree in case my Roys don't arrive in time. Santa has to bring me something ;) Well. ok, so maybe I'll do a late night Christmas Eve soak!

Time to wash the indigo off my hands and drop the price on that Liberty Issue coat...

dope jackets all! @thissunday http://www.geierglove.com/products.asp

Any suggestions

I got these from Saks during their Black Friday sale at half price. Fancier than what I needed, but they are ridiculously comfortable with the cashmere lining.

Raber Gloves is also worth checking out. I have a pair on order from them so I can't comment on the product yet, but they were pretty helpful in answering my questions.

I think we've discovered a void in the Mister Freedom collection...