MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the holes in the knees of her pants?

Seriously, though, that interview exemplifies one of the biggest problems with journalism. She spent too much time establishing the context and importance of the person she was interviewing and no time talking about anything interesting..

this was not journalism. the shooting and editing sucked. but i agree with everything else you said. but, i don't think the producer of the segment was trying to appeal to ppl like us anyways.

eltopo- ur pic's are always on-point. would love to hang at one of your photoshoots and check out the gear.

^Mister Freedom probably carries it.
Doug I think there is one for sale on the Style Forum market.

I could not find the Mechanic's Cap on the MF website, I suppose I should register there and ask but I just hate registering for a site that I doubt I'd ever use much (is that just plaine 'ol lazyness or what ?). I'll first try the styleforum tip, thanks mpcec for that. Was it in a subforum or anything, and how many days back was it posted - if you can rememeber ? PM me a link by any chance ? :)

I could not find the Mechanic's Cap on the MF website, I suppose I should register and ask but I just hate registering for a site that I doubt I'd ever use much (is that just plaine 'ol lazyness or what ?). I'll first try the styleforum tip, thanks mpcec for that. Was it in a subforum or anything, and how many days back was it posted - if you can rememeber ? PM me a link by any chance ? :)

The reason you couldn't find that cap on MF's site is because it was exclusive to Self Edge outside of Japan. We're sold out now and won't be getting any more of them.

The reason you couldn't find that cap on MF's site is because it was exclusive to Self Edge outside of Japan. We're sold out now and won't be getting any more of them.

Yea that makes since and sort of what I figured. And just my luck, I've missed out on the one posted in the styleforum classifieds (was listed as a "rider's cap"), already sold. So then I guess that leaves the possibility of sourceing one of these via japan ? I may save myself the hassle of that and get one of the MASH Japan (house brand I assume) denim mechanic's cap. It's almost as cool and easy to get, if not cheaper too. Who knows, I may even add my own chambray neck cape.

^ Try this one Sunday. It's by no means perfect, but you get a good feel for the man.

I'd forgotten about that post. Nice to re-read. I still would like to read a piece on him about vintage clothing and how the workwear trend has affected his store (designers coming to pick up vintage pieces for inspiration) and his clothing line (Japanese tastes vs American tastes). Anybody know how popular Mister Freedom is in Japan.

Yea that makes since and sort of what I figured. And just my luck, I've missed out on the one posted in the styleforum classifieds (was listed as a "rider's cap"), already sold. So then I guess that leaves the possibility of sourceing one of these via japan ? I may save myself the hassle of that and get one of the MASH Japan (house brand I assume) denim mechanic's cap. It's almost as cool and easy to get, if not cheaper too. Who knows, I may even add my own chambray neck cape.

It would be worth finding out who the buyer is, or keeping tabs on the forum. There is a lot of reselling over there and the pace of their B&S forum is fairly slow and easy to keep track of. If I see it get listed again I'll PM you.

I just saw the Breezer in the Midnight fabric on Rakuten. I presume it was a washed version....it looked great ...very pronounced crocking. I am pretty tempted. I may wait for the CPO type shirt in the same fabric though.

I haven't bought any Mr. Freedom so far (despite liking the designs) due to sticker shock, but my defenses are crumbling...

HEy zissou....looking good man, but why no more clay pipe? Waiting for the MFSC repro?

It would be worth finding out who the buyer is, or keeping tabs on the forum. There is a lot of reselling over there and the pace of their B&S forum is fairly slow and easy to keep track of. If I see it get listed again I'll PM you.

I'll keep my eyes peeled over there, and thanks for the offer to do the same, much appreciated ! + rep'd.

Saint James x Mister Freedom tees at J Crew $175

sjmf1.png

sjmf2.png

I'll take one of each, please.

These look great Zissou! What is St James sizing like? If I remember my old sailor shirts from my days in France, they were huge!

Nice Doc - a happy reunion, I'm sure! :)

Crazy that the road champ boots made it to J. Crew's site.

Did J. Crew order the Mulholland Master in 44? Trying to track down one to try on when I'm back in NY next month and was wondering if I might find it at the liquor store.

To be fair, it looks like they may only have 3 pairs. Weird they have different widths though.

i thought the boots were supposed to be crazy limited - like only two size runs? really bums me out when companies say something is more limited than it is.

that whale shirt is the best design i've seen on an MF tee yet. sucks i can't get that in adult sizes...