MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$850 for a canvas and denim bag? what am I missing?

The desire to spend nearly a grand on a canvas bag, apparently. That's something I am "missing" as well.

$850 for a canvas and denim bag? what am I missing?

Your missing everything man. Get on the bandwagon dammit!!!!!

Guys, it's not nearly a grand, it's a little over half a grand! :)

Wearing my denim utility shirt today for the first time this fall. God I love fall.

I still missing a few pieces from the naval line that I would like to get first such as MFSC 0415 deck sweater, denim pea coat(Liberty Issue), navy chambray shirt, and SC7163. In the mean time, I will try to get the mechanic shirt and sweat shirt when they are available.

Same here... planning on buying all 3 chambrays (I own the first run of the blue but had it tailored a little too short). Also definitely gonna get the liberty issue pea coat. I'm interested in the waffle knit and the indigo knit sweater but probably wouldn't buy unless I found them on sale. Beyond that I would buy a couple of the tees (red anchor and blue brand logo) and the shore shorts.

After (all) that I'll probably be done, don't see anything from this line that I care to buy besides the backpack and that's too expensive for me.

Everything you mentioned (besides the shore shorts) is easily found on rakuten or yahoo.jp auctions. For much lower than us retail, btw. But anyways, here's an interesting tidbit

the full "racer" leather jacket, in the brown and black colorway (with full back appliqué) is only available at the mf shop, and there are only 4. Just 4. One in each size.

Let's see...

Here is the deck sweater that I almost bought. Even on sale it's still pricey.

Another deck sweater

Blue and white chambrays

Chambray in dark indigo

Liberty pea coat in 36

Shore shorts in 30 & 32!

I think the brown pants are the filson tin pants, maybe to go with the filson bag.

LA people interested in the new line - they've got samples of everything (i think) on display in the store now. was there last weekend and checked everything out. was hoping to try on the sweatshirts, but i'm no sample sizer. was surprised to like somethings more than expected and others less than expected. was relieved to easily decide i'm not paying US prices for anything.

oh and i was very excited to pick up the perfect pair of vintage levi's slim cords (well worn black faded to various shades of grey) from the 75% off rack for a total of $12. first pair of cords i've bought in probably 3 years. and yes, i love cords.

Thx for the kind comments guys! The pants are old rogan waxed canvas pants from years back and the bag is Billy Kirk.

Stopped by Self Edge in NYC! Incredible job on the store Kiya and crew! Picked up the last light blue chambray. I was itching for something before the new season hits. I took a couple fun photos.

www.banditphotographer.com

cham2.jpg

cham.jpg

Looks like I missed on both of those... what a chump. Either way, still pretty damn nice looking.

LA people interested in the new line - they've got samples of everything (i think) on display in the store now. was there last weekend and checked everything out. was hoping to try on the sweatshirts, but i'm no sample sizer. was surprised to like somethings more than expected and others less than expected. was relieved to easily decide i'm not paying US prices for anything.

oh and i was very excited to pick up the perfect pair of vintage levi's slim cords (well worn black faded to various shades of grey) from the 75% off rack for a total of $12. first pair of cords i've bought in probably 3 years. and yes, i love cords.

just know alot of the jp line is different than the us line.

Yeah, I think I will be opting out on pretty much all of the items. I am fixing up the house currently and paying for my wedding so I can't justify the money for this stuff.

I was hoping there would be a denim shirt available, but doesn't look like there will be one, unless I am missing something. I do like the mulholland jacket but would never be able to justify the purchase and it wouldn't go with anything I currently wear.

Rider's dungarees look nice, but, once again, they won't fit into my wardrobe well.

I really like the visual aesthetic and craftsmanship involved with all the MF stuff. Just doesn't work well for me.