MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, wait a second. Does that tag say fuhgeddaboutit at the bottom? That would give me the impression them shits were made in Jersey.

Isn't there a sign when leaving jersey that says, "Now leaving Jersey... Fuhgeddaboutit"? Fucking Corny.

i think he just uses it as an old saying thats all

I do like his saying on there about non-sweatshop labor in sunny california. It's hard to beat california.

So, it is rather embarrassing that I haven't thought to ask this before, but I have never seen any specific description of the denim the is used for the 7163s, other than it is an exclusive 11oz denim? It appears to me to be what would basically amount to 11oz Hawaii denim...does anyone know if that is accurate?

Also, just in general, I was wondering if anyone had been keeping count of how many different denims are represented across the entire collection? My count has 14oz Hawaii, Okinawa, and Edo Ai (7161, 7161 Modified....others?) the 11oz 301 "Okinawa Denim" (is that basically what everything else, CPO, Vest, Cargo Pants, Bag, Peacoat is made from?), the 11oz denim used on the 7163s, and the 9oz denim used on the lightweight CPO...Anyone know of anything I am missing?

- 7161: 14oz.301 "Okinawa"(left leg), 401 "Hawaii"(right leg) & Edo Ai (knee patch & details)

- 7163: 11oz. 50%cotton 50%Sugarcane mix MF exclusive, selvedge denim, wouldn't compare it to the Hawaii, it's far more of a light blue as opposed to the dark blue normally associated with indigo, there has also never been any mention of raw materials for the fabric coming from Hawaii

- 7161md.: 14oz. 301 & 401, no Edo Ai

- P-Coat & Liberty Issue P-coat: 14oz. 301

- Denim utility shirt (lightweight CPO): 6oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim

- CPO, liberty issue: 11oz. 301

- Signal Vest: 11oz. 301, 14oz. 301 chest pockets

- Pants, Shore (Cargo pants): 11oz. 301

- Jacket, shore & Shorts, shore: MFSC exclusive 11oz. "white denim"

- Seamans Bag: 14oz. 301

Alternatively:

- 14oz 301 "Okinawa" denim: 7161, 7161md., both P-coats, the Seaman's bag & chest pockets on the vest

- 11oz. 301 "Okinawa" denim: Liberty issue CPO, Signal Vest, PS-09, pocket lining on the N-1K Deck pants,

- 14oz 401 "Hawaii" denim: 7161, 7161md.

- 14oz. Edo Ai: Just some details on the 7161

- 11oz. MFSC exclusive 50/50 denim used for the 7163

- 11oz. MFSC exclusive reversed warp/weft denim "white denim": Shore jacket, Shore shorts & cinch on the Vest

- 6oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim used on the denim utility shirt

That should be all with regards to the denim used.

last time I went to jcrew in SoHo they had tons of those..

tried on a M but was a bit tight, didn't think L would shrink enough to look good...

i didn't see any "shrinkage" warning but imagine some random person buying it and it ends up being too small lol

Yeah I'm between size M and L too...having a 42" chest and 30" waist doesn't help either. But yeah these shirts are the rinsed version.

I think the fit is good. It is kinda funny because most MFSC distributors are completely out of the white chambray, except for J. Crew. Apparently they aren't as limited numbers as we thought they were.