MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more photos for you guys. I'm about to start getting them ready for wear.

Front:

3912596403_51c66c7887_o.jpg

Front pockets:

3912598329_3df287e27d_o.jpg

Front closeup:

3913382756_2eb055f086_o.jpg

All three denims:

3912599281_820f7c6f92_o.jpg

301 "Okinawa"

3912594079_b54aa6c03a_o.jpg

401 "Hawaii"

3912594829_3d6d9b6881_o.jpg

Edo Ai

3912595631_ef2d665992_o.jpg

While I am a bit jealous that Zissou snagged those 7161s before I got a chance to pull the trigger, I am really happy about the fact that I snagged one of the last available pairs of the 266 Khakis recently. Here they are:

waywt91409.jpg

And here are some evolution pictures of my chambray:

IMG_3140.jpg No optical illusion going on, there is a rad tuck fade developing.

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

Good to see you back, rel. I know someone who picked up that tote from J Crew and returned it because the smell was so overpowering. The smell of my tshirt was pretty strong, but it faded after a few days.

You've both peaked my interest....what's it smell like?

Smells like a cross between an oil tanker and a gasoline spill mixed with some tire scent.

Smells like a cross between an oil tanker and a gasoline spill mixed with some tire scent.

At least with my tshirt, there is something oddly sweet about the smell, too. Almost makes me want to eat it.

Just got my 7161's back from Christophe..... He was kind enough to put custom back pockets on them a la the 7161md's. I got these when they came out ages ago, then had to put them on back burner during my Stronghold stint. Had always wished they had proper back pockets though..... A thought mirrored by the addition of the back pockets on the md's. These are in the Hawaii 401 fabric, each pocket oriented differently in relation to the twill lines on the fabric. The shape is essentially the 7161md pocket shape, but rounded out on the bottom; each one freehand drawn and cut by Christophe. No pattern.

photo-266.jpg

photo-1316.jpg

Just got my 7161's back from Christophe..... He was kind enough to put custom back pockets on them a la the 7161md's. I got these when they came out ages ago, then had to put them on back burner during my Stronghold stint. Had always wished they had proper back pockets though..... A thought mirrored by the addition of the back pockets on the md's. These are in the Hawaii 401 fabric, each pocket oriented differently in relation to the twill lines on the fabric. The shape is essentially the 7161md pocket shape, but rounded out on the bottom; each one freehand drawn and cut by Christophe. No pattern.

Pics please, Bill, as soon as you can post them.

Nice pockets, Bill! Did Christophe sew right through the existing pockets and into the legs? Those 7161s don't have much wear at all on them.

I'll post a fit pic of mine this week, or weekend at the latest. They fit much better after a soak and climbing around on the jungle gym with my kid.

Just got the foul weather deck pants last night @ Mister Freedom and I saw Bill there pick up his 7161 from Christophe.

Flatheads? Red Wings? Scion?

Nice pockets, Bill! Did Christophe sew right through the existing pockets and into the legs? Those 7161s don't have much wear at all on them.

I'll post a fit pic of mine this week, or weekend at the latest. They fit much better after a soak and climbing around on the jungle gym with my kid.

No! Just like on the 7161md's the back pockets are afixed such that the underneath/wraparound pockets are still left completely open. It involves some very clever sartorial skill.

They got about three months of solid wear before they were retired while I wore Stronghold everyday for two years..... Now that they have the back pockets, they will be in regular rotation with my Union Stars, Rainbows SC's, and other MF jeans (Both of them.....fuck!)