MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ rnrswitch - it does bum me out the stuff isn't actually made in America, but it's still top quality

It sure is top quality. Unfortunately the Japanese make better Americana items than we do.

I generally wear a 40 in my Flat Head shirts (40 in Black Mint grid shirt is a little short in the sleeves, 42 in houndstooth because the batch ran small), My chest measures 39" and I have the CPO in large. I bought it used and haven't given it a proper soak yet, but the chest measures 44" (22" pit-to-pit). It fits me perfectly as an overshirt. I think you'll be very happy with the fit.

On this note, how feasible is it to minimize shrinking with the CPO? My chest is 37", so I'm hoping the medium works out for me. However, I'd like to know if I can rely on cold washes to keep it from shrinking too far from its raw measurements if that seems necessary.

Unexpectedly, I picked up one of Mister Freedom's deadstock tee's at SENY's opening last week. I'm really loving the fit. I went bowling tonight, so I decided to lay it on thick and tuck it. The shirt has enough fabric that it hangs slack over the belt line in a way that just feels perfect.

^^ I remember reading a tale once of how McQueen turned down a date with a top Hollywood starlet because he wanted to re-wax his Belstaff jacket.

Just to note, he wore a Barbour for the six day trials event in '64, it was the team clothing but it's reported his personal preference was for Belstaff.

Anyway, the Mr Feedom jungle cloth version looks amazing!

... and another thing... sorry if i'm straying slightly off topic here but thinking of McQueen and this latest MrFreedom line led me to watch On Any Sunday at the weekend - really recommended to anyone that rides or just likes the vibe. Good late 60s early 70s styles.

Old news, but can anyone geek out on how awesome the foul weather coat is. I have one en route from JP (worlds cheaper there), and am psyched for it's arrival but bummed cause it's so hot in the sewers this time of year.

... and another thing... sorry if i'm straying slightly off topic here but thinking of McQueen and this latest MrFreedom line led me to watch On Any Sunday at the weekend - really recommended to anyone that rides or just likes the vibe. Good late 60s early 70s styles.

While we're all at it, pick up vanishing point.

Old news, but can anyone geek out on how awesome the foul weather coat is. I have one en route from JP (worlds cheaper there), and am psyched for it's arrival but bummed cause it's so hot in the sewers this time of year.

What size did you order? Having a tough time finding mine.

Check MF, and I heard that *cough*J Crew men's store in Soho*cough* has a couple...

I am a M in the shore jacket and a 38 in the pea coat. Check the measurements on Self Edge.

Thanks, think that might be too slim for me though, I'm same size as Zissou in the Shore Jacket but I believe in shirts and other MFSC pieces he is a size smaller . Zissou you're a small in Engineered Garments and a Medium in the MFSC Denim Utility Shirt correct?

Wish i had the money. That thing is pure beauty!

Fit pics when possible!

What are my odds for picking up the FW08 Peacoat? I'm a M in Shore Jacket, L in CPO, Chambray and Vest... so I'm guessing I'd be a 42 in the Pea Coat?

Pretty sure these are gettable in LA still. If you don't want to deal with Japanese proxy, call Christophe, or hit me up for an LA area proxy.

PS...I am more than happy to do proxy stuff for anything from the Mister Freedom line...I take any excuse I can to go hit up the store.

Thanks, think that might be too slim for me though, I'm same size as Zissou in the Shore Jacket but I believe in shirts and other MFSC pieces he is a size smaller . Zissou you're a small in Engineered Garments and a Medium in the MFSC Denim Utility Shirt correct?

That I am......

Did anyone buy this sweater? I am thinking of picking it up, but it seems super slim and long. The M (my usual MFSC size) should fit me in length, but be a bit small in the shoulders and chest. Just wondering how stretchy it is...

MF_sweater_01.jpg

Zissou,

The medium will definitely fit you, or even be slightly large in the shoulders chest. I take XL in all things Mister Freedom, but will be buying a Large if I get a chance to pick up the sweater. Fit is probably the same, but my shoulders and chest keep me out of large button-type shirts due to gapping problems. If you get the sweater, be prepared to do some shaving to combat the piling that will happen...I think it is a worthwhile maintenance act for such an awesome piece.