Denime

they are really extreme! :D

they also give me feeling that the owner didn't soak them before wearing but wore them raw from the start just like Ruedi.

That's what I was thinking exactly the same

Worn without soaking or washing until now.

Really really beautiful work on them

Excellent!!!!

Keep us updated Plalai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

oh, paper patch is another cut? please enlighten...

just like coleslayum started

Denime's normal 66 cuts feature a paper patch but when they use their XX denim (their "premium" denim) they add a leather patch, usually.

Carl can surely enlighten us if they made exceptions from this in the past so maybe his pait is still a 66xx but without a leather patch 8which I doubt though)

that's very hard to tell if t hose are real. two pics are just not enough, especially those. the price...well some guys are willing to pay that much for an original Orizzonti

Yep its hard to tell...from this source, the only way to checkout this gem is to see in person the seller. I know this old timer he stay in Malaysia .he is from Japan actually about 50 years of age.infact i buy my 1st s5000vx lot #8 from him.The patch look like leather, but thinner piece make it look like paper.He got some nice stuff posted online supermarket, As far as i know the only Denime vaccum packed is the annivesary model curently reproduce by mccoy.But i belive it is genuine, for sure he dont want to screw up his rep by selling fake item.

http://www.mudah.my/Denime+W40+10+years+anniversary-16407292.htm

above is the link...His name is Mohd KIMURA .and i did ask him about the model he say, its 10th anniversary 66xx leather patch.Not sure bout this as far as i know 10th anniversary denime come with cinch back like bellow

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/frisbee/item/10003059/

you sure it's 66XX? looks like a paper patch to me ;)

Non-xx 66 has a paper patch.

just like coleslayum started

Denime's normal 66 cuts feature a paper patch but when they use their XX denim (their "premium" denim) they add a leather patch, usually.

Carl can surely enlighten us if they made exceptions from this in the past so maybe his pait is still a 66xx but without a leather patch 8which I doubt though)

sorry for the delay__ just flew back from Los Angeles. honestly, i just [assumed] they were. you guys are the expert on Denime__ you tell me :) . i just happened to experience them ;) .

i found more pix from my album. sorry no full shot or fit photos. din't really have the need for those before [the forums, ie]. these were not even my oldest, i got a 2 pairs i bought way back in '97 or '98 @American Rag Cie [in La Brea, LosAngeles, CA]__ an XX-type & the other pair were a bit lighter in weight__ maybe 13oz w/ hidden rivets. just need to dig 'em up @ my parents' garage for photo ops.

***these were yellow-orange-lined selvedge.+ no hidden rivets

denime66cppatch.jpg

denime66.jpg

denime66tags.jpg

denime66hemedge.jpg

denime66label.jpg

denime66rivet.jpg

denime66rivetbutton.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

inspired by this thread to start wearing my semi-retired Denime XX (shins) again today. remembered how awesome they are.

managed to take some (poor) pictures in the toilet. Don't worry, i change out of my jeans into office pants so i was properly dressed while taking the pictures. :P

c388a677.jpg

592b5739.jpg

Tattered red tab

d3b6128f.jpg

Unique lot number and leather patch

e6e75e92.jpg

Edit: The picture below is probably closest I can get to the actual color under fluorescent lighting in the office... Falling in love with the denim again!

c026715d.jpg

Edited by tsunamiboy85