Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

deep elm was such a joke of a label.

deep elm is such fucking bullshit. they totally milked the emo shit to death. emo diaries?! i think he got up to like 22 or some shit. i think the only decent record on that label was appleseed cast or whatever. that label was so bad.

man, brings back memories. i saw the pine in santa cruz in this house in 2001. it was a crazy fest that happened in someone's living room. the show was (if i can remember the lineup): the pine, lack (denmark), off minor, under a dying sun, forstella ford, etc... great show.

anyways, pine = poor man's evergreen.

top 4 that scream and cry summertime for me:

boys life-departures and landfalls

mineral/jimmy eat world/sense field 7"

the promise ring- nothing feels good

waxwing-for madmen only

is repo records still open?...zebrahead closed right? zebrahead was my favorite on southstreet, used to walk outta there with so much stuff....forgot about relapse too..lucky bastards.

top 4 that scream and cry summertime for me:

boys life-departures and landfalls

mineral/jimmy eat world/sense field 7"

the promise ring- nothing feels good

waxwing-for madmen only

is repo records still open?...zebrahead closed right? zebrahead was my favorite on southstreet, used to walk outta there with so much stuff....forgot about relapse too..lucky bastards.

repo in bryn mawr the original one is closed, it's still open on south st.

I get Deep Elm confused with Tree Records. The postmarked stamps comp on Tree was great. That Crank comp with Christie/Mineral/etc. had good tracks as well.

Sad that repo in Bryn Mawr closed. That's where many a WaWa paycheck went back in the day.

part of me wishes i'd not sold my Braid records or the stuff i had on vinyl

Is there a market for emo records?

I get Deep Elm confused with Tree Records. The postmarked stamps comp on Tree was great. That Crank comp with Christie/Mineral/etc. had good tracks as well.

Sad that repo in Bryn Mawr closed. That's where many a WaWa paycheck went back in the day.

Is there a market for emo records?

i used to love the girls that worked at bryn mawr. they'd suggest some random garbage and i'd be like totally, i'll give you 100$ right now.

antartica were before their time man...just imagine if antartica came out 2 years ago when that electroclash thing came about....insted of 5 years ago when no one cared about that stuff.

Oh man yes, the Antarctica full length was visionary. I was listening to that on a long car drive a few weeks ago and damn that album feels fresher than ever.

The 101 is a huge dead end for Richter :(

Who else from VLV posts here? I know at least a handful of people do.

I joined VLV when I was fourteen and within a couple months put out a zine with interviews of all the VLV hype bands of the time (Die, Emperor! Die! and the One AM Radio and so on). Way better than the bands hyped there now. VLV circa 2002/3 - 2005 was definitely the most useful music resource I've ever found.

christie front drive is having a reunion for some fest in denver.

Weird. I was wondering a couple weeks ago if they would be doing a reunion. For the first couple years after they broke up, they did last minute/impromptu 'reunion' shows whenever they'd all be in Denver (holidays). Like practice all day and play a show at someone's house. So it seemed kind of inevitable.

The 101 is dead and Eric's got a new band, btw.

• 1 month later...
Who else from VLV posts here? I know at least a handful of people do.

I joined VLV when I was fourteen and within a couple months put out a zine with interviews of all the VLV hype bands of the time (Die, Emperor! Die! and the One AM Radio and so on). Way better than the bands hyped there now. VLV circa 2002/3 - 2005 was definitely the most useful music resource I've ever found.

I got on there for the first time around 2005. Definetely isn't as cool nowadays.

When I was in high school I was really into mid 90's/early 00 emo. I'm not so much into it anymore, but I still play a couple of the seven inches and lp's I have. I always liked kerosene 454 and serotonin, but always found both bands records in the used bin at almost every record store!