UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Alright f-it I'm in, I'll put in my order on payday, which is the 27th. Hope I won't be too late. Now I need to pick a size, 33 or 34...decisions....decisions.... one question though, the sizing chart that UES has up is it pre-soak or post-soak. Been going back and forth on all of your posts on measurements and it seems like their chart is going straight towards post soak. 

edit: I re-read it and the measurements they have up was for one wash.

Edited by whackedout

That really sucks. I also have bigger thtighs and the 400S in size 34 would have been on the edge in the thigh area. Kepp in mind, it’s a “slim straight†cut with an emphasis of “slimâ€. Build for Japanese/Asian dudes.

@llvlaglne: is that your 1 months update?!

Hi all!

I finally took delivery of my pair, after a long wait at the customs and a big strike in Italy that stopped for a while the cities. Haven't seen the jeans though, as I've been on the road for work for a week and won't be back home til Xmas eve.

Big update when I come back!

I hate looking at this thread. We haven't even reclaimed the value of the lost jeans, which means I'll have to wait until the new year to get a refund (looking at my previous DHL experience it may also take some months).

But, while I'm here: Has anybody measurements for the 400t with some wear & stretch? Finns statement had me confused and I still have time to change my mind.

Edited by Max Power

Back home for Christmas and here are the measurements for you

waist: 35,5" (worn with belt)

fr: 11"

br: 16"

thigh: 13,25"

knee: 9,2"

leg opening: 7,95"

inseam: 33,375" (damn I had that stretched out to nearly 34" before...)

edit: and I took the opportunity to iron the selvage line as it was crumpled as fuck :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Got a small but welcome christmas bonus from work and I'm considering joining this (if it's not too late?), especially since I'm currently too fat for my HWDC2 jeans. I like the 400Z the most, as it differs a lot from jeans I already own, but I'm a bit confused about some of the measurements.

The Tuckshop blog has these pre- and post-machine wash measurements for a tagged 32: 

Waist: 31 --> 30

Inseam: 35 --> 33.5

Front rise: 12.5 --> 12
Back rise: 14.5 --> 14

Thigh: 12.75 --> 12.5

Knee: 10 --> 9.25

Hem: 9.75 --> 9.25

And yet, the UES webshop and the item listing in the Tuckshop lists the post-wash front rise measurement for a size 32 at 26 cm or 10.25", and the waist at 81 cm or 31.9". Can anyone here confirm which one it is, perhaps Obbigood? Thanks!

Oh, and you are all looking very good!

Edit: I searched the UES thread, which I probably should have done to begin with - sorry, and learned that 3 cm should be added to their rise measurement. All good then, but a comment on waist size from someone who owns the jeans would still be nice. Merry christmas! 

Edited by mandel9000

I know nothing and haven't checked either, but also take a look at how both shops measure! UES meausers the inner circumfence of the waist and I think that Tuckshop measures the waist by lying the jeans flat on the ground, align the waistband and double the result. Keep that in mind! :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'm finally back to Italy, I'll be home in a few hrs. Can't wait to try on the jeans. I lost three kilos in the last 3 weeks and seen BF latest measurements I could have gone with a w34! Oh well, I'll work hard on my festive eating and vino drinking habits in the next weeks!

hi all!

UES jeans look great! I am stunned by the quality of the workmanship, there are no flaws in construction that I can find. beautiful dark blue hue.

here's pre soak measurements BIG style

waist 18 1/2

front rise 11 1/2

back rise 14 1/2

thigh 13

inseam 33

hem width 8 3/4

photos

830556D2-ED54-45C2-9FD9-3F4AB08414F6_zps

64601499-9F6E-4904-8878-070790236C5E_zps

presoak fit

C8B187FF-607E-42AE-8FA1-BBA36D1F6B26_zps

99DC6D4A-9023-4A6E-A137-1D020AA66EA1_zps

thigh looks gigantic on me but hopefully it'll be good after the soak. I did a 60 min soak at 60°C and I am into the washing machine part ATM... more photos soon!!