UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

I'm going to have to drop out.  This pair just didn't loosen up enough on me.  The waist band loosened up OK, but it's the area between the top 2 buttons that won't loosen up enough.  When I tried to loosen up that area by hand, after a cold soak, it just felt like there was no give in that area. It's just too tight.

It's a shame because this was the best fit I've had so far.  Does Samurai, or anyone else, make a similar cut?

I'm going to have to drop out.  This pair just didn't loosen up enough on me.  The waist band loosened up OK, but it's the area between the top 2 buttons that won't loosen up enough.  When I tried to loosen up that area by hand, after a cold soak, it just felt like there was no give in that area. It's just too tight.

It's a shame because this was the best fit I've had so far.  Does Samurai, or anyone else, make a similar cut?

no need to drop out...just stay a part of this and try to wear them whenever you feel like it.

posting pics and all would also be nice.

no need to drop out...just stay a part of this and try to wear them whenever you feel like it.

posting pics and all would also be nice.

Unfortunately, they leave me in a fair amount of physical pain after wearing them.  Sometimes I'm sore the day after as well.  It's too constricting.  I like the jeans, I would buy them in a bigger size, except UES doesn't make a bigger size.

I like this wider leg, relaxed straight fit however.  Does anyone else make one, or something similar?

^you had the 400t? The FH 3009 is a bit similar, wider hips, long rise, slim leg. Too bad that you need to drop out, but I can "feel" your reasons.

I'm sorry to drop out too.  I knew I had no chance to win, but there are some really cool people in this contest. I was looking forward to it.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned my model number.  It was actually the 400-Z Classical Straight Denim.

http://ues.shop.japaneseselvagejeans.com/goods_en_usd_11.html

I bought a size 36, and apparently, that is the largest size they make.

Edited by marti-mar

If they can't stretch further, amybe you can "shrink"? :)

As I don't know how the cut exactly behaves and wears like (and I haven't worn other wide-legged cinchback models from other brands) I can't help you to find another pair. But Samurai, Warehosue and Fullcount made/make similar styled cuts :)

If they can't stretch further, amybe you can "shrink"? :)

As I don't know how the cut exactly behaves and wears like (and I haven't worn other wide-legged cinchback models from other brands) I can't help you to find another pair. But Samurai, Warehosue and Fullcount made/make similar styled cuts :)

I think the problem is structural - it's my hip bones.  Weight loss isn't going to help, unfortunately.  What is the similar styled Samurai cut? I'd probably like to start investigating that one first.

Thanks!

well I have a similar issue as Marti here. I lost weight because of a very  intense working period in december, then I lost more weight in january because I got the chicken pox (that was terrible btw!). so now I am about 6 kg less than what I was when I ordered my pair. I am wearing most of the time a pair of red clouds that I thought to sell because they were too tight! ah well it's not too bad after all. first time in my life that I loose weight not on purpose!

sorry for the shameless plug - but my jeans are still for sale - please help me re-home a great pair! link under the signature. open to offers. pm me. ciao.

well my plan for 2014 it's to stay as healthy as I can so I'll do my best to not get weight. I've also given up cigarettes and started for the first time in my adult life to go to the gym. so don't say it again for f**k sake!!! ahaha!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Nice job loosing weight Volvo. Even if you're selling your jeans, are you still coming to the meetup?   :D

EDITTTTT: I wasn't very awake when I wrote the this post. It needed an edit.  :ph34r:

Edited by Somar

Since I joined this competition I also started using Instagram... I think it's a nice and easy way to share our progresses. I already found a few contestants... Anyone else out there? :)

Hi all.

This is Lee from UES.

I updated the 1 month details for you guys.

http://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/rainbowcounty/denim_contest/denim_contest2014.html

I have added 6 players from China too.

For the rest, I will upload it on Friday.

Let me know if there are any mistakes on the page.

Thank you