Roping

indigoeagle

Roping has an exaggerated twist, like a braided rope. I wouldn't necessarily call that roping, mandel9000.

There should be another name for that.

Yours look good, nonetheless. Shows a lot of denim shrinkage. The first jeans Levi's made didn't have extreme roping.

Both are cool.

Roping has an exaggerated twist, like a braided rope. I wouldn't necessarily call that roping, mandel9000.

Sorry, I can't resist, I think even the most anal denim head in the world would consider that roping. Some roping has an exaggerated twist, but mostly roping just looks like rope.

From ebay, and they're Levi's, click to get the full size for the full effect...

$_57.JPG

Edited by 501XX4EVER

• 3 weeks later...

Your example shows a pronounced twisted roping effect as opposed to a "scrunchies" looking effect that's akin to train-tracks on the out-seam.

Not trying to antagonize, just discussing.

Sorry, I can't resist, I think even the most anal denim head in the world would consider that roping. Some roping has an exaggerated twist, but mostly roping just looks like rope.

From ebay, and they're Levi's, click to get the full size for the full effect...

$_57.JPG

Edited by Goominim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anybody ever tells you that roping can't be achieved if you hem after washing, they are wrong.

I had my Roy RS04s hemmed after 15 months of wear and at least 7 washes. I washed them for the first time post hem and this is the result:

14729501016_889171627c_b.jpg

I think the roping is even stronger than it was on the original hem.

Yes I'm sure it is important to be done well and with a union special rather than a modern industrial chain stitcher. The type of thread probably matters too.

These were done by self edge and the stitch is among the cleanest ive seen

• 1 year later...