___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

duuude, whats up with United Nations (that new Geoff Rickley project) claiming power violence/grindcore when it just sounds like Thursday on fast forward? i'd like to think the dudes in this band aren't that dumb.

"United Nations is a power-violence grind-core band reminiscent of mid- nineties groups such as Orchid and Reversal of Man. The group features prominent members of two bands you love, one band you hate and a few you never heard of."

http://www.myspace.com/unitednations

I didn't and still don't know of this...but I can say that the little bit I heard is NOWHERE near fastcore/pv or grind for that matter. Orchid is powerviolence now, huh?

That being said, United Nations sounds very cute...like really cute...compared to any of the aforementioned bands in this thread (even the not so great ones).

• 4 weeks later...
negative approach?

Funny cause that was I had on right before I left to work.

I guess they could be considered part of the circle who helped craft what would come later with Infest and the rest. Definitely would throw Siege and L'ARM in that category...even Koro.

Hahahhaha...I mentioned SSD right after you said DYS in the Hardcore thread...dammit.

Although, yes, I fall under the NYC stereotype a little bit...just a bit...cause I never got deep into a lot of those other Boston Crew bands. BUT THEN AGAIN, I don't really fuck with AF, SOIA, or YOT neither, for that matter...but I give them a bit of respect for the early shit they've done.

Anyways...back to this...yes...you mentioned the dudes I forgot to say before...DISCHARGE. Spawning all of those DIS DIS DISD SIDSIDISDSDtlhaw bands...I think Disrupt is the only one I ever listen to. Brutal.

Not a Disrupt fan, saw them play a few times and it was always just a blur. I do like Distraught, but now we're into D-beat territory and not PowerViolence.

And people never mention them, but no dicussion of short fast music can ignore DRI, they really did kind of invent this shit.

Not a Disrupt fan, saw them play a few times and it was always just a blur. I do like Distraught, but now we're into D-beat territory and not PowerViolence.

And people never mention them, but no dicussion of short fast music can ignore DRI, they really did kind of invent this shit.

i don't like discharge much...but i love the early euro bands that copied em. anti cimex especially.

this week's playlist for heavy shit has been:

coffins-the other side of blasphemy and sacrifice to evil spirits

dead congregation- graves of the archangels (should be in the metal thread, but whatever. one of the most solid metal albums i've ever heard!)

brutal truth-extreme conditions demand extreme responses

phobia-cruel (saw em last week with in disgust and it ruled)

i don't like discharge much...but i love the early euro bands that copied em. anti cimex especially.

this week's playlist for heavy shit has been:

coffins-the other side of blasphemy and sacrifice to evil spirits

dead congregation- graves of the archangels (should be in the metal thread, but whatever. one of the most solid metal albums i've ever heard!)

brutal truth-extreme conditions demand extreme responses

phobia-cruel (saw em last week with in disgust and it ruled)

..uhh im probably stating the obvious.. but i like infest? just got their whole discography. i hope its powerviolence..

and disrupt is pretty good. but that might be dbeat..

Infest...hahaha...what? WRONG THREAD...no wait...I'm drunk.

dropdead run providence, had the pleasure of seeing them many times

Burnt face t-shirt on a few days ago. Dropdead definitely do run Providence. I stay ordering from Armageddon, to support.

..uhh im probably stating the obvious.. but i like infest? just got their whole discography. i hope its powerviolence..

and disrupt is pretty good. but that might be dbeat..

Infest...hahaha...what? WRONG THREAD...no wait...I'm drunk.

dropdead run providence, had the pleasure of seeing them many times

Burnt face t-shirt on a few days ago. Dropdead definitely do run Providence. I stay ordering from Armageddon, to support.

I think he's fucking with you Julian.

I knew the Dropdead guys pretty well before they started the band, Ben used to recommend records to me all the time, whiich is how I first heard of bands like No Comment and Sore Throat. I also saw the first ever DropDead show, I think it was at the RISD Tap Room. It's amazing to see what a legendary band they've become.

I think he's fucking with you Julian.

I knew the Dropdead guys pretty well before they started the band, Ben used to recommend records to me all the time, whiich is how I first heard of bands like No Comment and Sore Throat. I also saw the first ever DropDead show, I think it was at the RISD Tap Room. It's amazing to see what a legendary band they've become.

Arem is right...I was fuckin with you Julian...sorry. INFEST is to powerviolence as Fist of the North Star is to gory fighting action Japanese animation...they are the rich fathers who bought their little girl, powerviolence, the horse, cars, clothes, and boob job.