Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

i did an independent study class in papercraft. this was my final project.

2456491401_86a2d7130f.jpg

the heads rotate and the arms move. no glue was used in the construction. rumbo is a robot that's also a sumo wrestler, jamz is a bear that looks like a chipmunk, and jordan has the pompadour of my dreams. i wanted to clean them up and release them for download, but never got around to it. i can't seem to unconvince myself that "jamz" is a funny name.

i also tried to do a handscreened one, but the screen got fucked up and some of the cuts ended up being crooked. here it is anyways, i guess. i wanted kabuki but ended up more with tribal.

2454640915_d280ffba88.jpg

well it seems like its something for coporate for nike so it probably had to be decently straight forward, I am a share holder and see a lot of that stuff. although as far as "type rules" go, you are defintely not addressing some things.

well it seems like its something for coporate for nike so it probably had to be decently straight forward, I am a share holder and see a lot of that stuff. although as far as "type rules" go, you are defintely not addressing some things.

widows, orphans, justified rag. all bad things heh.

I had a few people ask. I injected acrylic paint into each bubble using veterinary syringes. It was a pain - it took two of us about 20 hours each to complete the pair. This was our first attempt, so it's a little rough around the edges on closer inspection.

The project itself was our attempt at pixel remediation. The characters are from Custer's Revenge, an erotic Atari 2600 game. We chose this because the artist I collaborated with deals with human sexuality and my work leans towards pop and character design.

Here is a detail:

2yozuxi.jpg

30mc0fm.jpg

i love the bubble wrap thing, really brilliant idea. i hope you post anything else you do here, too.

did you know that you can get rubber stamps made at kinko's? i sure didn't, but now that i know i'm freaking out over it. i totally want to get a thumbs-up sign made so i can express approval of any printed material I come across.

my first foray into it isn't that exciting, i'm afraid, 'cause it was for work and the job called for pretty conservative graphic design in the style of old passport stamps or travel stickers. still, though, maybe there's somebody else like me who didn't know how cheap it was and gets all twitchy any time they get a chance at a new medium.

2625098065_3c10f2edbd.jpg

i wasn't footing the bill (or running over to kinko's, for once) but i heard something like $15 for a 2" square. it's true that costs more than, say, taco bell, and you can probably find it for way cheaper online, but it's an opportunity i'd never thought of before. time to do one of kiya's head.