Cheap Monday

youth_culture

I tried on CMs at Urban Outfitters the other day...

I don't like the cut.. As it is really tapered, and is intended I think to be like really skin tight.. The denim isn't nice.. and the construction.. Mary Joseph and Jesus, Is horrible. I dunno but it really has that mass produced feel.. like robots doing all the stitching and shit. Horrible.

It really is Cheap. You get what you pay for.

If I were you just save up a little bit more and get something superior. You get more out of your money.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I impulse bought some Cheap Monday tight Black/45min Stone Wash Dark Grey jeans. They are hella tight on me, ball-crunchingly denim leggings. I'm probably going to sell them on eBay because I don't have the kind of legs for this stuff. However, I'm wondering if they'd stretch at all.... then I might be able to keep one pair.

dude i have the exact same pair of jeans and they haven't stretched at all, even with long periods of not washing (which of course doesn't make any difference since they're pre-washed jeans to begin with). if they're too tight i say sell 'em and get a few sizes up (i normally wear a 28 in most jeans and i have a 32 in this fit).

when i was at urban outfitters earlier this week (bought some undershirts thats it) i only saw chepa monday in the womens section. i browsed through and saw that they weren't labeled unisex, or could get any info from the people that worked there. not that they had my size or anything but...

where to find cheap monday in NYC. that is the question

You can get them at Den. Den is Odin's new store that features one designer at a time for a four to six week period. Currently it is Cheap Monday and their entire line. Lots to choose from.

Den

330 E 11th St between 1st and 2nd Ave

You can get them at Den. Den is Odin's new store that features one designer at a time for a four to six week period. Currently it is Cheap Monday and their entire line. Lots to choose from.

Den

330 E 11th St between 1st and 2nd Ave

thanks for the heads up - do they have a website?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried them on once in the store, and they definitly fitted big in the waist. I tried to size down to 29 from my regular 32 and could button those allright. At that point the fit sucked though, since they are cut far to slim in the seat (and I really dont have an ass..). The CM Cowboy Unwash kinda have the same problem. They are just cut badly imo, but perhaps its just my body type.

the CM/Latjo Lajban selvedge denim is actually NICE, not kidding here. Easily beat out most other Swedish brands when it comes to just the denim.

They cost 500 and have better denim then everything under 1500(lvc, lee etc), yes they're as good or better than Nudie's selvedge. It takes on a real vintage look after wear and wash. texture is a lot like my samurai s0505.

It's just that the details kinda suck. The Cowboy model is nice though.

I do think the Cowboy denim is pretty shitty though, but thats not selvage I guess. But its cool as you say, that they manage to have cheap and ok selvage.

The CM selvage ive checked out was very coarse and loosly woven. I though it was open end denim, but I wouldnt really know though.

I do think the Cowboy denim is pretty shitty though, but thats not selvage I guess. But its cool as you say, that they manage to have cheap and ok selvage.

The CM selvage ive checked out was very coarse and loosly woven. I though it was open end denim, but I wouldnt really know though.

hmm I thought the denim in the Cowboy was the same as the selvedge. I actually haven't bothered to try them on or really inspect them, just looked at one pair quickly and the denim looked surprisingly good and I've seen a couple of the LLV cinchback after wear and wash and the denim looked good. The denim in those is nice.

inside selvage ones fit like hell let me tell you. i ended up getting the cinch back ones which after a short rinse fit really very nicely. i took the cinch off and the look ok still not digging the exposed rivets on the back pockets though. also size down one for either cut.