Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

i just don't get the obsession with the hoodies. granted i haven't had the chance to see one in person, but through pictures they look no different than an H&M heathered hoodie, which i love, and i can get at the store without paying a massive markup or fiending over the supermarket

i had the same thought before i bought my spruce hoodie. Now i want to get a another one because 1. fit is amazing 2. its super comfy 3. super warm 4. construction and materials are amazing!

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really peeved that a lot of W&H's dedicated and loyal customers -- like myself -- were unable to get hold of some of their "flagship" products, i.e. the slim fit red/black tiger fleece. It's pretty disappointing. I really, really hope they do red/black again.

I'm really peeved that a lot of W&H's dedicated and loyal customers -- like myself -- were unable to get hold of some of their "flagship" products, i.e. the slim fit red/black tiger fleece. It's pretty disappointing. I really, really hope they do red/black again.

Minya, I found them in Tokyo, let me know if you need one.

On another note, I quite deceived by the w+h fit. Did they change anything this season or is it because I used to wear mine as a skirt? The shoulder are huge compared to the length. I almost look like that replicant chick in balde runner with one on.

I know what you mean. I couldn't find a single slim fit in San Francisco. Weren't you able to find a black duffle coat?

To 2000dB: the sizing did change quite a bit this year. I never tried on past seasons, but apparently, classic fit used to equal slim fit + one size, so a small classic was the same as a medium slim fit. This year, the classic fits are much baggier in the arms and don't correspond to the slim fits at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I was up there first thing on Friday, and was a little disappointed in the selection. I did pick up a sweet scarf though, and some nice Ts.

On a second note, a bunch of people who wanted me to pick stuff up for them ended up not liking what I got due to sizing, so I'll probably be throwing some stuff up on supermarket once I get a decent camera (for not insane prices).

• 3 weeks later...

this pic is of the white/black tiger fleece from spruce, i got the wings horns one this fall and have had a hard time dealing with the color...loved the fit though.

img10561581365gp9.jpg

so insted of hunting another one down i got some RIT dye dark green and decided to dye it this afternoon inspiried by minya's purple dye...

DSC03639.jpg

DSC03638.jpg

DSC03637.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

i threw in the tshirt right as i was about to pull the hoodie out...

DSC03642.jpg

the way to do it is washing machine. it doesn't dye as bad as they say it does and the aggitation is strong enough to make sure the color is even...

If they have so much stock at the sample sale, why do the stockists run out so fast? It's lucky for the folks that were able to cop cheap, but from a biz perspective they'd make a lot more money if they sent out the pieces to Nomad, Otis, etc.. I know Nomad would have taken a few more duffel coats.

saw one yesterday at american rag la brea.

To flog a dead horse: It's not that the pieces weren't offered. Our North American retailers just didn't buy in on the slim. The pieces are available, and for F06, both red and blue and black tiger colourways were offered -- the stores just didn't pick them up.

Now, this could be due to demand, or perceived demand. From what I've heard, Classics did sell very well for the prior season, compared to slims.

It'd be great if we could demand that our customers purchase X number of pieces from us, though if that would happen, I wouldn't be typing this -- it'd be one of my many hot assistants, whichever one isn't peeling grapes or working the oversized peacock fans.

lol, Kane.

I would say the products were readily available in certain areas and certain retailers. American Rag had good selections for quite some time and Peasant even did a pre order for customers which was awesome. It's so hard to tell sometimes if people are going to cough up the 180 some odd dollars for a hoodie so for retailers it can be a scary situation. I would say though, the demand is getting up there. The best thing to do now is for customers to inform thier retailers of the demand, what they would like to see, etc. If they are smart, they will listen and maybe sooner than later we will see W&H in more stores accross the country. Maybe even a website to view the stuff we didn't get to buy...... :)

To flog a dead horse: It's not that the pieces weren't offered. Our North American retailers just didn't buy in on the slim. The pieces are available, and for F06, both red and blue and black tiger colourways were offered -- the stores just didn't pick them up.

Now, this could be due to demand, or perceived demand. From what I've heard, Classics did sell very well for the prior season, compared to slims.

It'd be great if we could demand that our customers purchase X number of pieces from us, though if that would happen, I wouldn't be typing this -- it'd be one of my many hot assistants, whichever one isn't peeling grapes or working the oversized peacock fans.

"offered" is different than offered, IMO.

read through countless threads on this board and others about folks in markets w/o a W&H retailer...

if you really want to understand your market, make your product available somewhere online (i'm sorry, but 3 products on the steven alan website, peasant online having some stock, but never even putting it up in their online store, or overpriced product shipped from japan doesn't cut it) and you'll certainly have a broader picture of the extant demand for your goods. a W&H online store is long overdue; you've already got kids jumping through myriad hoops to get your shit! publish a catalog! take pre-orders! solicit feedback -- you'll get it.

relying on boutique retail to gauge demand is obviously not cutting it, and you're leaving plenty of potential customers in the lurch...

Guest young7777

What are some of the stuffs available in W+H Spring/Summer 2007 collection? I am sure the retailers are now starting to order pieces for spring and summer if not sooner. Can we have some peeks on what are the stuffs coming and so we can inform our local retailers.

W+H/Wings & Horns have a lot of different pieces from T-shirt to hoodie to outerwears. Persaonlly I think its unbeliveable not having some kind of communication channel to their customers like a web site or catalogue. A lot of much smaller independent labels already have one. Even an offical web page lists all the stockists will help folks out there (again kudo to Minya's unoffical stocklists for Fall/Winter 2006) :).

I know atelier is a WH stockist in NYC

but are there any other spots (preferably on sale, cause i dunno if this thing is really worth 160) in nyc

I know atelier is a WH stockist in NYC

but are there any other spots (preferably on sale, cause i dunno if this thing is really worth 160) in nyc

atelier, the avant garde boutique? no way do they carry W+H or W&H. not at all listed in the stocklist on their site or is it a brand that would fit their general aesthetic.

in ny, you can go to ndg or famous friends as they should have the stuff on sale.

atelier, the avant garde boutique? no way do they carry W+H or W&H. not at all listed in the stocklist on their site or is it a brand that would fit their general aesthetic.

in ny, you can go to ndg or famous friends as they should have the stuff on sale.

NDG has none left other than a weird drug rag/duffel thing that is pretty awful...but they were $100 no tax after 40% off 165. no sales upstairs still..