Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

At the bybeatle launch on sunday i got alot of nice words said about my boots and even from beatle her self. I think i did well with my design  :D 

Edited by ToddjColey

I believe that Todd was referencing his pleasure that such a well regarded connoisseur of cool as Beatle had expressed her like of his boots, I also think that you didn't need me to tell you that, you cantankerous git  :P

Thanks, they are coming along nicely, and are by far the most comfortable shoe/boot I've owned. I took them off last night and my wife asked if that was the first time all day. She can't believe heavy boots with a heel could be that comfortable. I'd even taken a nap in them:

a08fdb849c4d361ee5ef0ba414ae25ea.jpg

#84 checking in - after 13+ weeks the red dog oiled bounty hunters are here!  Snapped a quick shot before work --- will try to take better (i.e. less bad) pictures later.  Will also try and get the soles to bend sometime in the next week!  They're a much darker red but crappy lighting is making them seem neon.

IMG_20130703_083736.jpg

You're an inspiration HV, I honestly thought that it would be the 25oz jeans that killed me in the summer heat, but it;s my BH's that are losing their game time......I just favour something "lighter" (swear word) in this weather.

I have not worn boots at all for a couple of weeks. Quoddys and vans only, especially this week. I generally dont wear heavy assed boots much in the high summer. Comfort is essential.

Edited by fre-co

I'm used to wearing boots year round for work...the BHs aren't that bad, as they don't have a gore tex membrane. I wore a pair of Danner MT lights today, and my feet were sweltering, only because of the waterproof lining.

Totally Lurking on this thread!!!

HV I spend equal time as an office jockey and the rest of the time out in the field.  I too have found that anything with the gore tex membrane is awful this time of year.  Whereas a leather upper seems to be a tad cooler.

I bought a pair of viberg stompers awhile back because I wanted to have the membrane to stop snow and water from getting in and I can't wear them right now. 

Leather also does not smell as bad as i find any of the membranes do. 

HWB-04 

Checking in from Cuba Street, Wellington, New Zealand. 

lbok.jpg

Boots around the corner from work...

aglg.jpg

... which is also the secret entrance to a high end massage parlour... I can't confirm the high end part?

kpnw.jpg

... Then its a hop, skip, and a jump to my favourite old school toy store with the talking Moa (extinct native giant bird)... my kids always break something here! 

iq4a.jpg

... Turn 180 degrees and you can see my neighbour and good friend Peter McLeavey's famous loft art gallery.  Peter has worked as an art dealer out of this one room space since the 1960's and is an absolute NZ legend!

It has been a while since I updated...starting to see nice aging...and some denim spots...

P1010064_zpsf2152d2a.jpg

P1010065_zps787a27ad.jpg

Agreed...It's pretty damn warm here as well(90's high humidity), I definitely felt it last night. It was a bit cooler, but really humid, even at 5am it was nasty. I don't have a choice, but at least I get to choose which boots to wear.

I love the Natural CXL..it is the most resilient leather I've worn. I thought I'd done some actual damage to the toe box after crawling around at work the other night. A little time and they're much better:

7d05599a3a62e71e12c1911de20f1496.jpg

542133299332df40c9e0b2a4205a6f56.jpg