lets talk watches

poopie boy

I'm curious where everyone's collections are, in terms of numbers? I'm not a collector of anything beyond music myself; couldn't see owning more than four total, even were cost no object.

Of course I'm interested where everyone's at, but esp those who are real collectors and the 4-5 figure everydaywatch enthusiasts...

Currently at 6 (well, 9, but really only 6):

1970 Breitling Datora chrono

Breitling Colt Superquartz

IWC 3713 Doppelchrono

Damasko DA35

Schafer chrono

Steinhart Ocean DLC

then a pair of Maharishi watches that I bought because I'm an idiot

And my old SS Tag F1 (1992) that I need to get refurbed.

Not planning on buying another watch this year, but I am going to get the Steinhart modded with sword hands, and I need to get the Datora relumed.

I'm curious where everyone's collections are, in terms of numbers? I'm not a collector of anything beyond music myself; couldn't see owning more than four total, even were cost no object.

Of course I'm interested where everyone's at, but esp those who are real collectors and the 4-5 figure everydaywatch enthusiasts...

1979 GMT Master pepsi

195x gold Rolex Explorer

Blancpain Villeret ultra-slim rose gold

Breitling Chronograph

1947 Breitling Premier chrono

Ernst Benz Chronosport

IWC Mark XV

Seiko SNX431K

RLT No. 9 24 hr

G-Shock Mudman

I know I'm forgetting a couple but too lazy to open the safe and look to make sure.

Currently at 6 (well, 9, but really only 6):

1970 Breitling Datora chrono

Breitling Colt Superquartz

IWC 3713 Doppelchrono

Damasko DA35

Schafer chrono

Steinhart Ocean DLC

then a pair of Maharishi watches that I bought because I'm an idiot

And my old SS Tag F1 (1992) that I need to get refurbed.

Not planning on buying another watch this year, but I am going to get the Steinhart modded with sword hands, and I need to get the Datora relumed.

Where are u getting the hands and where are u doing the mod. Ive been thinking of doing some mods to my DLC. Today, I saw a steinhart vintage red in the flesh. Gorgeous watch. A great value.

watches.jpg

ceramic sub and chronoswiss timemaster. getting a nato strap for the latter.

that Chronoswiss is gonna look pretty awkward on a nato. Anything that isn't a sports or post-war military style watch is gonna look awkward. The sub would look better on a nato, fwiw.

Where are u getting the hands and where are u doing the mod. Ive been thinking of doing some mods to my DLC. Today, I saw a steinhart vintage red in the flesh. Gorgeous watch. A great value.

Going to send to Jay at Motor City WatchWorks: http://www.motorcitywatchworks.com/

I was thinking about MCWW too, but Jay doesn't seem to have sword hands up on his site for ETA movements. Was it a special order?

Haven't sent it off yet (getting my helmet painted for this year's racing season is more pressing) but Jay says he can fit Seiko hands to an ETA watch, for a small extra fee.