lets talk watches

poopie boy

Hey guys. So i think I am going to do some traveling once I graduate, and I was wondering how important is anti magnetism in a watch. I will probably be going through a number of airports and was wondering how likely would it be that my watch would get magnetized. I dont want to have to get it demagnetized every time I step off an airplane.

You can get a watched demagnetized by a watch repair shop for under $10. I travel all the time and haven't had any problem (I've never had to take any of my non-antimagnetic watches for demagnetizing).

I mean, if you're buying a Milgauss or a Sinn U1 or something anyway, great, bonus.

But I would never contemplate making magnetic protection a key decision criterion unless I was planning on working in the far northern reaches of the arctic. :)

that is the one on Caliber 12, I am thinking of the black one on Caliber 17; it's been a watch I've tried on many times over the years but never bought, but I've been fiending for a square watch lately. :o

can we talk seiko monsters for a sec

only a few mentions in this thread

considering procurement of same (leaning towards ORANGE)

is $189 with the warranty a decent price for this item?

could someone type out a few words

pro or con

or perhaps post a photo

or sketch (verbal or in the medium of your choice)

can we talk seiko monsters for a sec

only a few mentions in this thread

considering procurement of same (leaning towards ORANGE)

is $189 with the warranty a decent price for this item?

could someone type out a few words

pro or con

or perhaps post a photo

or sketch (verbal or in the medium of your choice)

go through this thread

The Seiko monster is a really great watch. It's a bit too toolish for my taste, but if you like the look then definitely go for it. It doesn't disappoint.

Also that Heuer Monaco Chronograph is really one of my dream watches. I loved it even before I got into watches. It is definitely a watch that I hope to own some day.

I'm lurking hard into getting some formal education in horology/watch building/repair, any thoughts on WOSTEP or NAWCC, or other certified schools? Any serious advice on getting into it? At this point I'm just sorta lurking online forums/magazines, and possibly getting a part time gig at a watch sales/repair shop.

It's really the only thing I'm passionate about at this point, aside from audio production (no money there).

not a fan of the stripes... and less about the McQueen connection and more about fiendin for a square 60's esque watch. I figured at 1900 bones it was a decent amount of watch for the money, but the one I was looking at sold out already anyway.

I think the watch I really want is the IWC 3714-17, and then after that I'm not sure, I have like 4 or 5 watches I would like to save up for and get. I'd like one gold watch but I guess that can wait until much later, nothing in that range.

What are people's realistic watch wish lists/to-buy lists?

What are people's realistic watch wish lists/to-buy lists?

SS daytona is the only watch that i would really want to own right now... maybe a DSSD, but i don't think i would purchase that before a daytona.