RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Well it's not a "bfd" It just seemed odd to me since the pair I bought like 3-4 years ago seemed to react differently. I guess I should say it lost 2 inches since it went from 17 flat to 16 flat, or 34 to 32. Point is I never recommended people trying to get shrinkage out of the way before wearing with RRLs but I will now.

Keep in mind, you unintentionally washed and dried your jeans in the best possible way to shrink them. Had you cold washed and hang dried, you probably wouldn't have noticed as much but it still would have shrunk a little. That's denim.

I still don't know why you're concerned about shrinkage in the WAIST in a pair of WORN jeans. It's not like you dipped them in liquid titanium when you washed them, they'll just stretch back out anyway.

The only shrinkage anyone should be concerned about is the inseam because it is more dramatic and arguably harder to get back. That's reason enough for most people to soak their jeans before having them hemmed.

I'm not concerned! I'm GLAD they shrunk as much as they did because they felt a little too loose all over. I intentionally soaked them in hot water and I intentionally dried them in the dryer hoping for shrinkage assuming that they wouldn't actually shrink too much since as far as I know are still sanforized. They had been worn maybe 12 hours in total and I doubt stretched much during that time since there was a crease when wearing a belt, which prompted me to soak.

I am happy that they shrunk as much as they did, I just wasn't expecting it given my previous experience with the same model/size of jean.

^zelah, how recently did u purchase the pair? i have a pair from late last year and, like your older pair, it exhibited minimal shrinkage. maybe the denim change happened this year.

Nah I was with regular people last time I went so I made it a quick trip.

Dude behind the counter (not blake) told me that Momotaro produces the RRL denim though. Is that true? I hadn't heard it anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just picked up a pair of the Officers Chinos. How much shrinkage have people experienced with these? I wanna wear them raw, and am wondering how much to hem. Thanks.

anyone know where i can find a pair in size 28; they seem as rare as a f'n unicorn

Try Blake in Portland for a 28. They've got a contest thread over at StyleForum and got a re-stock of some sizes recently. Might have that one...not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...