RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but RRL doesn't stand for Rodeo Ralph Lauren!!!

It stands for Ralph & Ricky Lauren. it's the logo and brand from the ranch in Colorado.

Maybe we can fix the title of the thread?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't own any indigo RRL jeans, but they've been my go-to for trousers lately. I finally sorted out my sizing on the Orchard St. selvage buckleback chinos, and I recently picked up a pair of Harris Tweed trousers. They're both at the tailor at the moment, so I'll post photos this weekend.

In the meantime, I've posted a couple of pairs up in the market if anyone's interested...

Thanks for the rep big truck, did as you suggested.

They're fantastic boots. Not cheap but still worth it. I'm set on a pair of rrl's non studded brown engineers next.

Ive got the brown ones (the non-distressed ones). Love them after they finally broke in.

Deluxe, You have both the MF Road Champs and the RRL Engineers, and you wear a 12 in the RRLs. So what do you wear in the MF Road Champs? My Road Champs are a 7 and fit great, but I wear a 7.5 in Red Wings. So would an 8 in RRL work in your opinion? I'm torn between the studded RRLs or custom Wesco's for a black pair.

Edited by attackwithstones

thanks dave for the brown rrl's

i take a 12 in the RC's too. both fit the same despite looking different.

i have been told they're made by the same guy, Julian boots and to me it looks like he used the same last to make both boots. so i'd say go for a 7 rrl if your rc's are a 7. works for me. mind you i love wesco's too. i have a pair of their narrow engineers.

i know marineabilly >> vintage engineer boots blog << has both, not sure if his are both the same size.

thanks dave for the brown rrl's

i take a 12 in the RC's too. both fit the same despite looking different.

i have been told they're made by the same guy, Julian boots and to me it looks like he used the same last to make both boots. so i'd say go for a 7 rrl if your rc's are a 7. works for me. mind you i love wesco's too. i have a pair of their narrow engineers.

i know marineabilly >> vintage engineer boots blog << has both, not sure if his are both the same size.

you have the Wesco narrows as well? you could be a very big help to me sir. i will take this to PMs

Guest estoybien

does anybody have experience with the washed pairs? i just got a pair in slim fit. The fit on the waist is snug, but I could really use an extra inch or so of stretching for the sake of comfort.

does anybody have experience with the washed pairs? i just got a pair in slim fit. The fit on the waist is snug, but I could really use an extra inch or so of stretching for the sake of comfort.

give it a month. youll get 2 or 3 inches

• 3 weeks later...

I love my RRL slims so much. Favorite jean ever. Picked up a new pair after about 3.5 years

Patched about 3-4 times in the crotch over that time period (lots of cycling and a saddle that probably didn't help) and in the last month or two I had both of the back pockets patched because my phone kept falling out.

222446_10150155563977823_573902822_6755440_3860786_n.jpg

TZZmXl.jpg

KHO5Nl.jpg

97KSul.jpg

Q9j0ol.jpg

mWp8Rl.jpg

SKDrr.jpg

The other leg was usually cuffed from riding so it didn't get the stacking this one did

8WRnHl.jpg

very nice. I really see fit pic

ps. whats your height and weight

I've been looking high and low for a pair of light brown engineers like that. I really like chippewas configuration, but couldn't stand that stupid distressed 'bomber' leather. Of course the only guys to do the combo correcty cost more than my car.