superconfessional

_IGP2079.jpg

Odeur 53, Commes des Garcons

everytime i see a glass bottle on a ledge/railing/parapet/thing i have an instinctive fear of having it fall over.

this may result in me knocking it off the ledge/railing/parapet/thing. self-fulfilling prophecies be damned.

you just gorge on yoshoku?

word. I fucking love youshoku, I love a good curry, hamburg steak, hayashi rice, omurice, beef stew, and the frenchie Rilettes, gratins, and things like that. What I really like are those Japanified steak frites/hamburg steak places where they give you rice and sometimes weird veggie sides like bean sprouts to cook in the steak grease. Guilty pleasure I guess.

I also really like spaghetti napolitan, I eat it in Seoul often.

I am currently waitlisted for ALL OF MY CLASSES.

Worst one: Adv topics in Molecular bio has fucking 57 people waiting.

YAAAAAAAY.

shit and i thought i was cutting it close at half of my classes

what is the cutoff date on which you are officially and royally fucked

word. I fucking love youshoku, I love a good curry, hamburg steak, hayashi rice, omurice, beef stew, and the frenchie Rilettes, gratins, and things like that. What I really like are those Japanified steak frites/hamburg steak places where they give you rice and sometimes weird veggie sides like bean sprouts to cook in the steak grease. Guilty pleasure I guess.

I also really like spaghetti napolitan, I eat it in Seoul often.

what places do u like?

I like nakamuraya for hayashi rice

Avoid Gold Rush, that place is garbage for hamburg.

I'm gonna hit Tsukiji Kitchen in December.

I was very upset when I found out the Yokohama Curry Museum was closed.

ah, to be honest I like everywhere don't remember most of the names because I haven't been there so long, I haven't gotten to the point where I've done a Youshoku quest. I just go under the train stations looking for places to eat. The last couple times I went I was obsessed with this avocado-grapefruit salad at this cafe in Harajuku so I ate that too many times, and I was on the Iron Chef quest.

I have a confession that will make me a SF leper, not that I cut a major figure here.

I was in a fraternity in college.

It's kind of weird because it was the antithesis of everything I thought I stood for. But I thought I needed to learn how to deal with those kind of guys because they run the world.

I hated every single minute of it, but I still did it. And for that I am not proud.

yeah, I'm not really gonna neg rep. You had to be in the fraternity. Did you wear bro clothes?

Nah, I dressed horribly for years, but not the early 90s broquivalent. I had this terrible personal style amalgam of t-shirts and slacks basically.

I was myself the whole time, I didn't act that douchey except when I was drunk, which was constantly.

But I didn't see a cool movie or concert the whole 4 years of college. No good music, nothing. Terrible.

My new favorite show is that 'Man vs Wild', love it when he spears a fish and just bites into the thing straight away.

Loooove seafood, specially scallops, oysters and crayfish.

I don't know why I hate seafood. I grew up on the beach, ate that stuff a lot when I was a kid. Then some year in school in America I must've eaten too many of those fish sandwiches and gotten turned off forever.

I can eat sushi and sashimi, but like a bubbling pot of fish heads or a whole fish grilled up on a plate or something like they do in Korea, I can't do. I don't eat kimchi either because of the squid and shrimp paste aftertaste.

That shit would be dope, if I was living the life + living the dream I'd have a pretty nice powerboat and I'd go out off the coast, cop yellowtails, eat that shit right on the boat with a little wasabi and soy sauce. I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest of the tuna after I eat part of it, though.

Yeah man for sure. When I was a kid we used to do all kinds of fishing, trawling for lake trout, diving for scallops and crays, shallow water net trawling for flounder....mmm cook em' up on the bar-bee that night. I never did the diving, this crazy old cigar smoking dude with a big moustach did, my job was to watch the bubbles so we could follow where he was going.