Show us your leather

aleopold

new natural veg tan leather watch strap that I bought from some guy on etsy

certina1_zpse3d06092.jpg

it's aging fast and it's going to look cool with those indigo stains as I wear a denim jacket more or less everyday!

bonus pic of my certina blue ribbon 1977 watch. it was made by Certina for Volvo. Every Volvo worker in Sweden, from the top managers to factory workers got one of these in 1977 for the 50° anniversary.

certina2_zps3d55117b.jpg

It would be great if you could figure something out. I've resorted to using a LeatherworksMN one for the time being, but I really like the compactness of yours!

Hi, Nicholas, if I do experiment I will let you know how it goes! however ,like I said, it may not even be a problem for me!

Finally experimenting with some stronger springs here and having great success, if either of you (or anyone else who has one of these clips) would like to send it back to get supercharged, send me a PM.  Once I secure a larger quantity of these springs I'll just swap out all of them before shipping.  Big improvement.

Finally experimenting with some stronger springs here and having great success, if either of you (or anyone else who has one of these clips) would like to send it back to get supercharged, send me a PM.  Once I secure a larger quantity of these springs I'll just swap out all of them before shipping.  Big improvement.

This is exactly why it is worth going with some of the smaller scale craftsmen like hollows leather, they actually care about the feedback on their products, and act on it quickly too!

Will send you a PM Nicholas, cheers.

Edited by dylanbooth78

This is sooo dope.  Where did you get that?

Kawatako Brass Key Hook

Leather key holder is made by an old leather worker from Helsingborg Sweden. He have been in the trade for 40 years or so. He is around 60-65 years old. 

I told him that he should put his stuff online. But he does not feel like it sadly. He is to close to retirement.

Anyway. 

Here is the name of the store. 

And the location.

Bazaar Shangri-La

Edited by nizzel55

Kawatako Brass Key Hook

Leather key holder is made by an old leather worker from Helsingborg Sweden. He have been in the trade for 40 years or so. He is around 60-65 years old. 

I told him that he should put his stuff online. But he does not feel like it sadly. He is to close to retirement.

Anyway. 

And the location.

Bazaar Shangri-La

Yeah the leather key holder really aged beautifully. I'd love to buy his stuff, shame he isn't with the whole interweb commerce thing.

Kawatako Brass Key Hook

Anyway. 

And the location.

Bazaar Shangri-La

I'm imagining the leatherworking equivalent of this guy:

3143844-3969512460-79715.jpg

Really excellent work.

Hey Nicholas, I received the new spring in the post the other day (thank you, much appreciated) and I have to say, now fitted that your key hook is now as close to perfect as you can get! I use it ever day and have done since I bought it!!!...

IMG_20140216_195320_zpsp97wad8u.jpg

IMG_20140216_195258_zps1hzxk2co.jpg

...sorry about the crappy phone pics! I will get some better pics for evo soon!.

Weird question.

You think so? I figure people go through a lot of effort to make sure their jeans fit when they are spending hundreds of dollars on them. So if they do fit, why wear a belt unless you really like the look?

My jeans fit me perfectly, so I don't wear a belt. It would just be some new thing to buy and size correctly so that it wasn't too loose or to tight and ruin the fit my jeans already have.

your lucky that your jeans fit perfectly in every situation! I wear a belt as sometimes my waist size is slightly bigger by half an inch or so than it normally would be! I.E when you have just eaten a massive roast!?!!. it makes a lot of sense to wear a belt but if you dont then that is cool too!

...Also leather goes through an evolution process much like denim so they seem to fit in well together!

That they do, I do love the look.  And it's not like I've never worn a belt, I used to wear one all the time with my New Standards that were a tad loose.  Then I got my new Flat Heads and at first I started to wear the belt out of habit or style or something.  But soon I realized they fit better on their own.

For me the belt is a must. So many of the companies now a days are making their denim low rise and I use the belt to keep the denim snug on my waist and to keep it from sliding down too much throughout the workday. I only own one pair of denim which is my JB0206, but my next pair will definitely have to have normal size front pockets(The Japan Blue pockets are super snug) and no low rise. But I've always worn a belt. I think it looks weird to not wear one to be honest.

You think so? I figure people go through a lot of effort to make sure their jeans fit when they are spending hundreds of dollars on them. So if they do fit, why wear a belt unless you really like the look?

My jeans fit me perfectly, so I don't wear a belt. It would just be some new thing to buy and size correctly so that it wasn't too loose or to tight and ruin the fit my jeans already have.

It's just that the denim we wear is really difficult to size perfectly. Shrinking then stretching at different times. I think if people were only worried about wearing a belt for sizing though they wouldn't pay the money or take the time to make these type of belts. They would just go buy a cheaper one. To me quality leather belts look great and I like how they evolve. I don't think it looks good not to wear a belt either. So I would wear one regardless of how my jeans fit in the waist.

to me a belt makes perfect sartorial sense and therefore is a must. doesn't hurt that some belt looks great and the leather evo makes for a perfect companion to denim evo. twice the evo to keep track of!

plus, there is that age old issue of getting waist to fit right. a lot of people said that waist is the least important and thighs and hips are more essential to good fit, as waist can always be adjusted with a belt. 

truly form follows function, but in this case the form happens to look great &great fun to watch. 

It's just that the denim we wear is really difficult to size perfectly. Shrinking then stretching at different times. I think if people were only worried about wearing a belt for sizing though they wouldn't pay the money or take the time to make these type of belts. They would just go buy a cheaper one. To me quality leather belts look great and I like how they evolve. I don't think it looks good not to wear a belt either. So I would wear one regardless of how my jeans fit in the waist.

I'm in a weird place where the jeans that I bought fit my waist better than any belt I own.  Wearing a belt right now seems to compromise the comfort of my fit.  So while I like a nice belt, I'm rocking without one just as a matter of practicality until I can buy a better fitting new belt.

Speaking of which, can I expect a new belt to stretch at all? How long does that process take?  Any new straight belt I have ever bought tends to warp into an arc shape, so it must stretch to some degree right?

I'm in a weird place where the jeans that I bought fit my waist better than any belt I own.  Wearing a belt right now seems to compromise the comfort of my fit.  So while I like a nice belt, I'm rocking without one just as a matter of practicality until I can buy a better fitting new belt.

Speaking of which, can I expect a new belt to stretch at all? How long does that process take?  Any new straight belt I have ever bought tends to warp into an arc shape, so it must stretch to some degree right?

Oh it will definitely stretch. Although I'm sure it depends on the type of leather it's made of. Most place you would buy from will tell you or have it listed how much stretch to expect. I'm guessing around one hole...... As far as you not wearing a belt. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you wear your shirt untucked. I use mine just as much as an accessory as I do for it's functionality. So I at least I have to like the way it looks before I will wear it. I also like quality made things. My pocket probably does not like it but they usually end up lasting a good while.