Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

since i have two waxes--obenauf's and flathead--i'm kind of on and off with each. i did a flathead wax one time before, then i did obenaufs, because that first layer of flathead wasn't enough. i used the flathead again, but this time with the help of a hair dryer, i was able to get it to a nice texture before applying. color's real nice now.

36cc387c.jpg

Aside from Redmoon and KC's are there any other solid Japanese wallet makers?

My friend will be going to Japan soon and I want to give him money to bring me back something.

The KC's wallet I really like is sold out (Ranchero), and I can't justify the price for the Redmoon stuff.

Thanks.

I'd suggest you look at the Alburquerque website for a wallet. They have lots of brands that aren't popular here yet. Strike out and get something slightly different.

Just wondering why you would want to sell it... Too big, quality, not enough slots, someone dropped a LC flicker in your lap? I think your wallet was one of my fav post tan/oil jobs, I was looking forward to how it turned out years later.:(

then you should take it off his hands and experience it yourself :)

:eek:(Oh snap) 3k post!!!!

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Just wondering why you would want to sell it... Too big, quality, not enough slots, someone dropped a LC flicker in your lap? I think your wallet was one of my fav post tan/oil jobs, I was looking forward to how it turned out years later.:(

Thanks.

It's none of the above really. I think I just want to move away from the long wallet thing and go back to something conventional, albeit made in Japan...

It's a killer wallet either wy.

I'd suggest you look at the Alburquerque website for a wallet. They have lots of brands that aren't popular here yet. Strike out and get something slightly different.

When I Googled Last Crops that site was the top hit. I looked through everything and there's some very cool stuff. Almost everything is full length and what I really want is a midlength. I've been in touch with Miz about Kamida-san so hopefully something there works out.

What kind of look are you after? Last Crops and Kamida are great, both will serve you well for years, but they look and feel very different.

I'm looking for a mid-length with a snap, but I don't like the plain ones. I want some sort of design on the exterior like the KC's Ranchero or this one:

w-opusbt04a.jpg

From what I've seen the mid-length wallet selection is pretty slim.

ok maybe totally offtopic, tho not really...

I found alot of cool beltbuckles on that site, but a bit too expensive for a beltbuckle imho...

anyone know where you can find similar buckles, but not in silver, so more affordable?

like these ones: (the tsuba styled ones)

http://www.goodleather.co.jp/004_sarn.html

bill- the kc wallet looks amazing. how have you tanned/oiled?

Thank you sir. It got two days of tanning and then a coat of mink oil. Since then its gotten two layers of Pecards to keep it moisturized, and to remove indigo stains.

I'm looking for a mid-length with a snap, but I don't like the plain ones. I want some sort of design on the exterior like the KC's Ranchero or this one:

w-opusbt04a.jpg

From what I've seen the mid-length wallet selection is pretty slim.

the red one and the dark brown one looks absolutely beautiful...

how much are they and is there pics of the front??

here's about 3 months of wear on that first wallet I made. I color corrected them to try to get the most realistic color of the wallet, so ignore the white being different colors. Theres a bit of indigo, and my keys dig trenches in the back, but I really like how it looks. oh, that last pic is a sneak peak at my newest improvement on my work, a round stitch wheel and an edge beveler :)

2099445975_e725be7c02_b.jpg

I just finished up a bunch of stuff, so I figured i'd share and get some crit/feedback (you guys are always good with that :) )

first, made these out of raw scraps I had laying around, it's a wallet and card holder. something different, and I kinda like it:

2103035840_8d15bff5eb.jpg

2103036012_7636ef1048.jpg

then misc. things, a coin purse that I practiced my zipper application on, and a card holder that I think i really got my edges perfect on.

2102255407_958b5712c5.jpg

2102255293_c6d954e036.jpg

aaaaannnnnd.....since i've been getting so many pm's, a sneak peak:

2102255147_7f0f16eb6b.jpg