good hip hop

Lupe is okay. I stopped listening to him like a year ago because his fans piss me off more than anyone elses.

So I listened to most of the new Clipse. I still skipped a few tracks (autotune hook nigga really?) I like it, but it's Big Doe Rehab to Fishscale. It's cool for now but I wonder how long I'll still want to listen to it. Popular Demand and Door Man are really dope. I like There Was a Murder even though the fake accents are lol as fuck.

The Raf line is lollll. I was wearing Raf (and TOJ) when I met them niggas. THEY JOCKING ME.

Clipse's resurgent popularity was related to Pitchfork in my opinion. Sean Fennessey opened the door for them at a time when I don't think I'd ever seen Pitchfork review mixtapes. I remember when I saw a link to the video of them at the shooting range and I was like "wow, I remember them sorta". It does make sense that the Clipse are critical darlings, they are technically strong with accessible credibility.

Nesk, that dipset claim is ridiculous. Dipset were the trashy hood favourite post-G-Unit. Pitchfork liked Purple Haze as did other publications, but they never really fucked with Juelz or Jimmy, who probably did more for the popularity of the Dips in the latter part of this decade.

No one wants to admit it, but Clipse's popularity with hipsters (whatever that means) as Wu-tang's popularity with the same people. It's because it's good music which tells an emotive narrative. After all, they both coke-rap (not all of Wu, but a large part of it).

I don't know if you could say that Clipse started "coke-rap" per se, but I don't know if that term was around before them either. Talking about cocaine in rap goes way back of

But, they definitely re-started a trend, or reinvented it, and even Rae and Ghost became more explicit in their descriptions of hustling than ever they were in the nineties.

The light demeanor on their new album probably has to do with the fact that they are like 36 now.

god, so happy someone said it.

this is only track by animal collective i've ever gotten into.

the new fiasco is worth checking out? saw him earlier this year & it was laaaaaame. his fans are shit.

ugh.

been repeating that mp3 for the past 10 min.

my music listening habits are shit.

lupe mixtape was okay.

i liked it.

Clipse's resurgent popularity was related to Pitchfork in my opinion. Sean Fennessey opened the door for them at a time when I don't think I'd ever seen Pitchfork review mixtapes. I remember when I saw a link to the video of them at the shooting range and I was like "wow, I remember them sorta". It does make sense that the Clipse are critical darlings, they are technically strong with accessible credibility.

Nesk, that dipset claim is ridiculous. Dipset were the trashy hood favourite post-G-Unit. Pitchfork liked Purple Haze as did other publications, but they never really fucked with Juelz or Jimmy, who probably did more for the popularity of the Dips in the latter part of this decade.

No one wants to admit it, but Clipse's popularity with hipsters (whatever that means) as Wu-tang's popularity with the same people. It's because it's good music which tells an emotive narrative. After all, they both coke-rap (not all of Wu, but a large part of it).

I don't know if you could say that Clipse started "coke-rap" per se, but I don't know if that term was around before them either. Talking about cocaine in rap goes way back of

But, they definitely re-started a trend, or reinvented it, and even Rae and Ghost became more explicit in their descriptions of hustling than ever they were in the nineties.

The light demeanor on their new album probably has to do with the fact that they are like 36 now.

LOL.

"Dipset were the trashy hood favourite post-G-Unit."

black people never listened to 50 cent. and noone ever listened to tony yayo. g unit was as hood as new kids. and dipset is as hood as backstreet boys. its all pitchfork.

Haha, wow. Yeah it was internet kids who bought those three G-Unit mixtapes (No Mercy, 50 Is the Future, God's Plan). They read reviews of em on the interweb and ran right to the tape spot.

Haha, wow. Yeah it was internet kids who bought those three G-Unit mixtapes (No Mercy, 50 Is the Future, God's Plan). They read reviews of em on the interweb and ran right to the tape spot.

i stand by my claim. i know they had minimal juice before signing to shady, but once the whiteboy seal of approval got stamped on, it was what it was. the hood doesnt care if you wanna battle ja rule.