good hip hop

not too into the new souls.

Yes. It's missing something. I don't think its tangible though...its probably 'nostalgia'.

Really? I never got that opinion with A, or Taj. I never like Tajai but he alteast sounded like he cared.

But yo on some other shit, check it:

http://i48.tinypic.com/28vy7bc.jpg

I havent listened yet...

i do, i totally do.

i think tame is kinda weird now. hes too conversational or something. i feel like he mic'd a conversation he had across his coffee table and put it to a beat. i havnt really liked him since him and el split up and thats for a while now. and i always like that del is doing stuff, cause dels my man like that, but he never really impresses me anymore. im just glad he hasnt quit so one day he can win me back.

and i AM totally jagged on the genre. but i think most people whove been listen for 15 years are. when i hear somehting new thats really good, i freak for it harder than anyone. but that just happens more and more rarely now.

how was hawthorne? i wonder if he can pull it off in person?

Hawthorne was really good on stage as well. He can definitely pull it off and he has great stage presence. He's a real funny guy and real down to earth as well. If you have the opportunity to go to one of his shows, I'd definitely recommend it.

His band, The Countys, are pretty ill too.

Came out to sign CDs and posters and whatever afterwords, good dude all in all.

been out the loop

but Toki Wright - A Different Mirror shit soo goood

tokiwrightdifferentmirror.jpg

dl'ing souls shit

what are your recs

I just got done listening to the Toki right joint. Fire. Absolute fire. Good looks on that. I want to hear this dude over some alchemist production.

I can't tell if this thread is about Japanese hip hop, or old school stuff, haha-

Fairly recent jap stuff that I've been listening to; O2's (from MSC) new lp, the full length Oni album (one of the best this year) and Meiso's new one.

For those that liked that Shougen (Testimony) track, the Libra kids did a flip called Bougen (Filth) . I think it was only released as a vinyl b side. The youtube video isn't so good, but if you can track down the mp3 it's pretty solid.