good hip hop

^I like that one mike, good shit

I'm still not understanding the hype around skyzoo. not digging that song posted up there at all. Just Blaze is so hit or miss these days.. I think his style is getting tired. That Sha Stimuli track goes but skyzoo beat is that same annoying 2-beat with plinky guitars that reminds me of death of autotune. which reminds me, i hate that song.

dipset is promising for 2010:

fog6oMYhAJs

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sashafrerejones/2009/10/freddie-gibbs-video.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHrfYjHIp0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHrfYjHIp0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hmm, I agree that skyzoo's beat selection could be better, but what I like is his story telling, voice, flow, and the sort of no-bs vibe on the album. him music is nothing next level, but in a way thats what I like about it.

looking forward to Stimuli's album

I won't completely write off skyzoo just yet, he's definitely got skill. I agree that his beat selection is not good.

That's always puzzled me though.. Why would anyone want an album full of wack beats? It seems like a lot of rappers are gravitating towards that today. I don't listen to hip hop for the story telling or anything like that -- most of the time I could care less what the rapper's even saying. For me it's all about the entire sound, the way the vocals blend in with the music. If the music isn't a solid backing to begin with, I tend to be immediately disinterested.

hmm, I agree that skyzoo's beat selection could be better, but what I like is his story telling, voice, flow, and the sort of no-bs vibe on the album. him music is nothing next level, but in a way thats what I like about it.

I think Skyzoo simply stuck to what works, sure it's not very experimental or revolutionary, but flows real well. Calling his album full of wack beats is a stretch.

There are stand out tracks though. This one in particular is my current favorite on the album:

IKA33JsAtO4

Other stuff I'm feeling:

rZmbtgxamhs

kAgHQVPERuo

V9Jtb-7Qjds

7LufZBIQYJE

Black thought killed it as usual. Em was decent he's not as good as he once was, but reading 2dope and the em dick riding pisses me off. Just listening to black, he's telling you he's gonna be underrated and under-appreciated.

Black is the best lyricist alive.

em wasn't bad. he is talented but it doesn't come out through his music in general.

Black Thought and Budden killed though.

"Wanna talk about bars, mine leave it be

Never needed an A&R, mine needed me

It’s 1 thing in this world I can’t stomachs a fake

You tryna stop what aint come with a brake

Some of yall made a mistake

Some of yall been deprived aint seen the skill

Just got the truck customized, got a meaner grill

Told baby just being real leave her

Get balls in your mouth, I spoke to her like Serena Will

Top back, top cats get a beating

Saying you’re the best, should stop it, it’s misleading

Cuz I might cock back to get even

It’s not a wet dream, you just getting shot at while you sleeping

Feeling like the game can’t be weaker

It’s why, homie rarely do the cameos and features

I’m good with my insanity and fevers

Cuz Pac looking from heaven saying “They aint understand me neitherâ€

Wanna play it aint worth it

Maybe why I’m feeling like ‘Ye, you prolly won an award, but you aint deserve it

Circa 01 homeboy, he a vet

Leave em deep regrets like they Tila Tequila’s neck

You past your prime, I aint spit ether yet

You need a major, I just need an ethernet

Word on the street I made the OG’s be upset

Cuz I’m a student of the game, not a teacher’s pet"