Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks Paul for the tips, I grabbed them even though the toe brogueing is a little off, interested in experiencing Tricker's shell stuff....

i'd be interested to hear your thoughts - most of the (un)constructive criticism i've seen of tricker's shell has simply revolved around the fact that they used someone other than horbloodyween to supply it. very little in the way of informative comparison.

tricker's now seem to be going hell-for-leather on the weird and wonderful mto trail, as discussed previously, and i really hope that quality doesn't suffer as a result. they could do with adopting a c&j stance on things and prefer a backlog situation over overly rapid expansion and risking a subsequent drop in quality.

there have been some very nice older pairs of tricker's shoes and boots popping up on ebay recently - think people have been digging out the backs of their wardrobes after seeing how much a pair of stow or malton can fetch on there.

definitely worth checking out, especially as i've a feeling that they will be a little more fit for original purpose than some of the delightful combos found these days...

i'd be interested to hear your thoughts - most of the (un)constructive criticism i've seen of tricker's shell has simply revolved around the fact that they used someone other than horbloodyween to supply it. very little in the way of informative comparison.

tricker's now seem to be going hell-for-leather on the weird and wonderful mto trail, as discussed previously, and i really hope that quality doesn't suffer as a result. they could do with adopting a c&j stance on things and prefer a backlog situation over overly rapid expansion and risking a subsequent drop in quality.

I still love Tricker's; I wish I had another pair, and there are plenty in stock around the place that look great. But the quality of many recent ones I've seen has definitely suffered, with relatively rough stitching and finishing. Compared to the newer AS Sargents, Tricker's look a tougher buy.

It's a difficult one, though - people like us, on internet forums, love to moan, free of knowledge of internal economic pressures on a company.

And rkusmant, I'm glad you got those cordovans, they're unique and definitely covet-worthy...

Edited by Paul T

I still love Tricker's; I wish I had another pair, and there are plenty in stock around the place that look great. But the quality of many recent ones I've seen has definitely suffered, with relatively rough stitching and finishing. Compared to the newer AS Sargents, Tricker's look a tougher buy. It's a difficult one, though - people like us, on internet forums, love to moan, free of knowledge of internal economic pressures on a company...

you know they're about to re-release a 'corniche' collection, according to the shoehealer's facebook page? the tricker's corniche models were originally a range of more lightweight shoes, mainly country styles from what i've seen.

the new range will apparently involve casual styles, and be made in portugal...

What's the general consensus on Saphir products for shoes?

http://www.hangerpro...saphir-mdo.html

Worth the extra cash over normal mink oil and such? I just a giant investment into a new pair of suede boots, and really want to treat them win the best of he best.

dunno about an agreed consensus as such, but have a search of this thread.

i doubt you'll find anyone who's used saphir and since decided to use anything else, and that includes me.

nice packers! i can't wait for my whites, maybe some BH after that.... fucking shoe obsession.

Edited by wgmds

i could be wrong, but i think that rubber sole adds something to it.

fucking shoe obsession.

i don't know what you mean...

i'd often wondered if Tricker's had done a veldt shoe, as well as the boots seen on here...the leather's a little wrinkled on these, will see if i can bring them back to life with some tlc:

dsc01355sp.jpg

another lotus veltdschoen boot; with apologies to paul t as it's a size too small, again:

dsc01359ef.jpg

dsc01358x.jpg

and lastly, what i believe is the 'woodbridge' by edward green, an old country brogue with bellows tongue. identified by the woman at the crockett & jones shop referenced a few posts above:

dsc01364wx.jpg

dsc01361nh.jpg

found some chelsea boots this morning - not usually my style, but the leather was so beautifully aged, i had to pick 'em up anyway. made by a northampton shoemaker, but i can't see any info in the soles (the inner is quite worn)

the pics don't really do them justice, but here goes...

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

couple of macros for the patina...

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

the inner soles have what looks like a royal crest, underneath which is the word (i think) 'executive' in a box, and underneath that 'made in the county of Northampton'. any thoughts on a maker? brummie...?