Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I just wish i could get down from my Redwing trip.

there is this posh boutique i pass nearly everyday,nothing of their stuff interest me,i only noticed that they store some RWs for the usual price which is most times 270,-€.looking trough the window today they had orange sale stickers on all the boxes...couldnt resist and bought a pair Iron Rangers 8113 for 160,-.now i have to explain it to the wife.oh well...

Shit man iron rangers have gone up, I got mine for £125 when they first released.

Edit: christ, all redwings have gone up in price big time here.

oh yes,the prices...four years ago i payed cultizm 150,-€ for my RW Horween 1908 anniversary edition,now 250ish is the standard.that + shipping and you pay the same as in most shops here.

sebago but for me size .5 down from true.

also, heading to thailand for the foreseeable future, just bought a pair of lucchese cowboy boots. fit perfect, want to bring them, but for those with any experience in the area, worth bringing or will i just never wear them cause it's too hot?

I'm about to drop some cash on the Tricker's Grassmere...any sizing advice? I've heard the last is actually TTS versus most of the other Tricker's lasts... help!

Wider fitting than the stow I believe. Damn nice boot, be sure to pot pictures please.

Guest redchris
jeans are a no big deal,just another one of my darkblue,hardly worn pairs.

boots are different,a brandnew pair stands out quiet a lot,at least in my tiny collection.

Good, its not just me then, "what these?" I've had 'em ages, I must have lost some weight 'cos they fit me again."

Here's a pair of Herman boots probably from the 40's-50's. The leather uppers are a beautiful russet horsehide mounted on cork soles. I've always really liked the embroidered Herman labels. Wouldn't it be cool if someone made boots like this for the working man today.

bootsI-1.jpg

bootsIII-1.jpg

bootlabel.jpg

Here's a pair of Herman boots probably from the 40's-50's. The leather uppers are a beautiful russet horsehide mounted on cork soles. I've always really liked the embroidered Herman labels. Wouldn't it be cool if someone made boots like this for the working man today.

bootsI-1.jpg

bootsIII-1.jpg

bootlabel.jpg

just have to quote them again,what an awesome,lovely pair!

after wearing my new RW 8113 for eight hours straight i cannot praise corksoles enough! what a difference to my Vibram soled GT's.just slighty softer,walking in them is incredible more comfortable.

lovely hermans crownzip... i really love the ropers i have by them.... not a brand that gets much attention, but great high quality boots.

i wonder how long they ran with that tag... my boots are from the 60s i think, and have the exact same tag, and ive seen WWII us mil boots made by them with it too.

dscf5622.jpg