Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

anyone here have Russell's? I'm thinking of a pair of the PH model, maybe with a different leather...Quality, sizing, pics?

www.russellmoccasin.com/

I think I've posted pictures of each of mine individually, but here's a shot of all of my pairs.

DSC_0050.jpg

and with flash (in case the other photo is too dark)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/Baron_Munchausen/DSC_0046.jpg

They are the standard chukka in tan chromexcel, short ph in green chamois/green weather buck and hiker in expresso navigator leather.

The quality has been good for me, although Russell's are definitely in the category of hunting/work boots as far as finish goes. They won't compare to some of the better British shoe makers in that regard. But so far they're all holding up well. As far as sizing, I ordered mine all custom. But they're pretty consistent with my normal boot size. I'm a 12 in sneakers and between 11 and 11.5 (depending on widths available) in most boots and all of my Russell's are marked 11.5.

anyone here have Russell's? I'm thinking of a pair of the PH model, maybe with a different leather...Quality, sizing, pics?

www.russellmoccasin.com/

I think I've posted pictures of each of mine individually, but here's a shot of all of my pairs.

DSC_0050.jpg

and with flash (in case the other photo is too dark)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/Baron_Munchausen/DSC_0046.jpg

They are the standard chukka in tan chromexcel, short ph in green chamois/green weather buck and hiker in expresso navigator leather.

The quality has been good for me, although Russell's are definitely in the category of hunting/work boots as far as finish goes. They won't compare to some of the better British shoe makers in that regard. But so far they're all holding up well. As far as sizing, I ordered mine all custom. But they're pretty consistent with my normal boot size. I'm a 12 in sneakers and between 11 and 11.5 (depending on widths available) in most boots and all of my Russell's are marked 11.5.

I'm glad Russells are up for discussion right now. Very cool collection, curious george. But anyways, I tried posting in the this or that thread, with little response, I was considering the Safari PH boots, but am not sure what color chamois I should go with:

A little bit louder tan:

safari_phlg.gif

or more subtle charcoal (seen in the far right shoe)

3eyecccasualslg.gif

thanks for the opinions guys

I'm glad Russells are up for discussion right now. Very cool collection, curious george. But anyways, I tried posting in the this or that thread, with little response, I was considering the Safari PH boots, but am not sure what color chamois I should go with:

A little bit louder tan:

safari_phlg.gif

or more subtle charcoal (seen in the far right shoe)

3eyecccasualslg.gif

thanks for the opinions guys

I like the rust. I believe this is a pic of the rust chamois also (Japanese sites often have much more detailed pics of Russell's stuff than does Russell's own site). safaribwn01.jpg

I've not come across a good picture of the charcoal chamois, but I did receive a small sample and it looked nearly black.

If I ever have another pair of PHs made I think next time I will go cork/brown like the following pair (although maybe that's not a shade that would work for you).

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/Baron_Munchausen/c0090448_164149.jpg

Navy Suede PTB's I cleaned and Photog'ed for my friend Phat Gee. I have a pair of Pitt Boots in Black on the way from Tom at LeatherSoul, looking forward to them....

P8255554.jpg

P8255517.jpg

P8255532.jpg

P8255543.jpg

desu

^^Don't worry about them. Crepe soles are meant to be dirty.

Couldn't sleep last night so I did some polishing.

Polished the mid-soles.

chipp1.jpg

Polished some Alden's Longwings. The shoe on the right is brand new and the one on the left is 5 years old. Amazingly shell really stays new looking for a long time. Other than the sole I can't tell the difference.

longwings.jpg

Finally polished my C&J Skyes. The color is looking really nice after a bit of wax. I think these are aging very well. Recommended if you are looking for a Brogue Boot.

skye1.jpg

skye2.jpg

skye3.jpg

Yes!!! Ther are my favorite Chip's!! What's the info on your waxing process?

What size are your Chip's? They look like they could be an 8. If so, let me know when you ever decide to sell. I'm ready!

Thanks! I usually sand down the scuffs and then use a moisturizer from Lexol and then hit it with some LT Brown Saphir. It's a little extra for sure, but it only takes a few minutes. I just brush the roughout every so often.

These are a touch bigger for you at 8.5. Might work for you if I ever let these go, maybe later than sooner!

what grti sandpaper you using spence?????

Whatever I have lying around. Anywhere between 220 and 400.

that's a lot of not sleeping.... next time you're awake I've got a whole pile of shoes that could use some love...

Actually, I wouldn't mind, since I'm such a shoe-o-phile. I find shoe polishing quite meditative.

Well, I've finally become a WESCO Boss owner as of last night. I thought I was done buying Engineer Boots for a while after winning the rare 1950's Glow-in-the-dark studded pair, but these were calling my name. I still have at least two more pair on my list, but I truly think I'm done for at least a few months. I'm totally running out of space to keep my boots.

Extra long instep and upper straps, brass buckles and #705 half soles -what more can one ask for in a pair of Engineers?

ef6faaca.jpg

Congratulations! But glow in the dark... who could ask for more....

I like the extra length, I and wish I ordered it, but it's like $25 bucks or something and at the time, I already spent so much...