Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just wondering if any of the Alden fans own the Indy High Top Blucher Workboot and if there's any evo pics out there...

54192_1.jpg

I own the standard Indy 405's and the Kudu leather "Indy" (plain toe) I posted a page or two back. Now that Indy you posted is just the Indy 404. It's made from the same Kudu leather of my plain toes (which I posted some decent shots of) but it's got color matching threads and that crazy heavy duty vibram sole. Check my post!

OK - been meaning to do this for a while. it's been a bit slow up in sufu so i've been just browsing this thread.

What's your favorite shoes posted in this thread? Here's my fave 3 over the past 50-100 pages...

Cigar today

cigar5.jpg

just got these babies back from the cobbler!

IMG_6802.jpg

and oh, how i wish I didn't miss out on these :

these are pretty sweet :

Alden_RavCord_Hunting_Boot.jpg

from Tassels HK

Those are some seriously beautiful boots.

What do you suppose the odds are that we could get Tassels to do another run? Or maybe put together a small custom order to Alden?

I'd be in.

I agree! Those are some of the best boots I've ever seen.

I think pretty much anyone can order a custom batch of 12 (minimum). The only problem is that Ravello shell is rare and the waiting list could go on for years. Also, I bet Tassles would be pissed if somebody did their exact boot.

My poor MOTOs are blowing up on selectism.com.

At least they still have to give 2 pounds of flesh for a pair, hah!

Your MOTOs are like the only cool thing on selectism. Most of the shit they got on there makes me want to puke.

knickers.jpg

Not everything has to cost a fortune. These Structures (made in Italy) have served me well for almost two years so far and still holding up even though they are somewhat light duty. Even resting after an old-timey stereoscopic photoshoot involving a highwheeler, and restored antique gas station. They were on clearance at Sears for south of thirty bucks. I did pick up some Corcoran jump boots for heavier duty.

anyone have any info on the Selfedge x Leathersoul boot? I hope they come up with a great vintage work boot design.

I think the Leathersoul x Self Edge stuff is just in the planning stages right now. A work boot would be cool, but I can also see Kiya making up some kinda saddle shoe too....let the speculation begin!

If Iron Heart is involved, I'd imagine that we'll seeing boots. Motorcycle boots?

Here's a pair of ancient Aldens that may be on the wrong side of age. One can imagine some nickle-fucking, shitcanned Yankee kicking many a family dog as the Sox choked away yet another pennant, year after year. In my size and only three bucks, but I have a feeling they will wind up in the donation bin fairly soon. It is heartening to see a pair so well worn, though:

img0790yg.jpg

img0791l.jpg

img0794hn.jpg

^^^ I like those... well worn, replaced heels and half soles....

Just get the half soles replaced again and you're good to go!

SExLSxIHxANE.

Fuck.

In the meantime... I finally got my 403's in the mail today! Been waiting for these since January and boy was it worth it!

photo-8.jpg

I would pos rep if I could, but those are damn nice.

Have you looked at the Frye Brando boots. Theyre a little less chunky than the redwings and a nicer colour. Sound like the kinda thing you might be after. Very nice boots.

http://http://www.stompersboots.com/gtwy_engineer-031.php

They also look much better than in these pics. Think theres some shown earlier in this thread somewhere

Thanks Haku ,this is actually a nice pair of boots and there aren't so expensive.

2 pickups in one day. I think I might have a problem.

mocc3.jpg

mocc1.jpg

mocc2.jpg

Alden for Unionmade. Ranger Mocc lace-up in Loden Green. The color is really hard to capture but I'd call it a gorgeous warm olive green. Single flex welt sole. Yum.

Jason... is this available at UnionMade?

Any other styles come in? (hear the crowd... Captoe Alden Captoe Alden)

(EDIT: Nevermind... saw the official post)

2 pickups in one day. I think I might have a problem.

Alden for Unionmade. Ranger Mocc lace-up in Loden Green. The color is really hard to capture but I'd call it a gorgeous warm olive green. Single flex welt sole. Yum.

Those are pretty sweet Jason. Strongly resisting the urge to pick up the phone and dial the store...