Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

funny story greg. do you think one of the pairs just fit you better because of slight differences in handcrafted details? or is it maybe because the other one you've been wearing have become so comfortable?

ed, white's are very different in terms of fit and comfort because of their arch supports. i've heard of many people telling me they can't live without them once you get used to them. but i guess since i'm very flatfooted i'm actually finding the white's to be tiring to my feet after long wears compared to my indys, for example. i think i actually need my white's arches adjusted little lower for my comfort sake.

Chicken- Give the White's a good break in before you pursue altering the arch. Their arch is different from the Aldens in that it is NOT steel reinforced. The all leather arch means that it breaks down as you break the boots in, and give you a more custom fit. They feel huge when they're new, but get much better over time.

White's history of making firefighter boots means they have eliminated all metal from the construction of the boot. Extreme heat and lots of moisture are terrible for steel shanks, and can lead to corosion and even breakage over time.

Ok, Pics to come shortly, when I get home from the store.....

I'm selling a gorgeous pair of Paul Smith Brogue Boots in Olive Green. I just got an astronomical medical insurance bill and I'm gathering extra dough.......My financial strain means somebody is getting these boots at a great deal.

They cost $555 at the Paul Smith store, been worn twice. Look brand new except for scuffing on the leather sole. Size UK 8.5....equivalent 9.5-10 US

Asking $350 shipped.

290359290.jpg

just got these....

russell moccasins boot..brown elephant hide leather...so comfortable...the way these aer made...doesnt look like wear will hurt these too much

So envious. What are those, Art Carter Chukkas, or Country Chukkas with a different sole option? I just put in an order for a pair of Art Carters myself (due in March of next year).

Ok, Pics to come shortly, when I get home from the store.....

I'm selling a gorgeous pair of Paul Smith Brogue Boots in Olive Green. I just got an astronomical medical insurance bill and I'm gathering extra dough.......My financial strain means somebody is getting these boots at a great deal.

They cost $555 at the Paul Smith store, been worn twice. Look brand new except for scuffing on the leather sole. Size UK 8.5....equivalent 9.5-10 US

Asking $350 shipped.

Ok, Picture time!

IMG_07771.jpg

IMG_07781.jpg

IMG_07791.jpg

Edmond: To answer your question: Yes, Paul Smith's shoes are gorgeous. These are dip dyed. The uppers are sewn, then tumbled and dyed as one entire peice to acheive amazing color, softness, and hue. They are only being sold out of absolute neccesity.

edmond, or anyone else who would know, what can you tell me about Lone Wolf boots? I know you have a pair edmond. How are they holding up? Are they very well made? Worth getting before a pair of White's? (since I will have a pair eventually)

I'd be curious too about Lone Wolf boots. One of the best things about Whites is the custom fitting....

edmond, or anyone else who would know, what can you tell me about Lone Wolf boots? I know you have a pair edmond. How are they holding up? Are they very well made? Worth getting before a pair of White's? (since I will have a pair eventually)

hi there the lw's boots are very well made you can see the stitching details etc etc well the one s i have are the loggers the leather is so nice and tough hard to get them out of shape... and if ever they get scrtached up just rub them up a bit and theyll even themselves on... they are very comfy ( but heavy thick vibram sole) but worth gettign a pair,. the whites im getting a pair soon too im loving the semi dress in single leather sole...

goddam, those are beautiful bill. i'm a big believer of paul smith shoes and boots. how is paul smith sizing compared to alden's?

Paul Smith sizing is huge, usually. Those are marked 8.5, which PS converts to full 9.5US, but still run larger than that. So his estimation of 9.5-10 is right. Because they are so soft, they tend to be slightly more forgiving.

i'm not quite sure about nightdeposit's account on used boots. just like you need to break into a brand new pair, you could break into a used pair until it begins to take your shape, too. i understand the satisfaction you can get from a pair you had from the beginning. but i also think there are times and places for nice used pairs too. there's something really fun about trying to restore a beaten up pair, too.

not to sound backpedal-y, i agree with the above. personally, its just a case by case basis. my experience with used boots is better than used shoes for some reason. maybe most people wear boots differently, and they have different construction as well. certainly i have purchased used shoes that were too molded to someone elses feet, and were never comfortable to wear for long periods of time. i was never able to "reshape" them to my foot... not too mention i have worn used shoes that after i wore them a bit, began to stink and it wasnt me i was smelling, it was someone elses trench foot...ugh.